PDA

View Full Version : Help on finding 200s front wheels?

Frankencelery
05-04-2020, 08:10 AM
BOTH of my ATC200s machines have bent front wheels. Time to do something about it! However, I've just discovered what a lot of you probably already know...can't find 'em. Any ideas would be appreciated. They're 8" 4/130 center offset. I know AMS makes one that has both 3-hole and 4-hole patterns, but I bought one of those for my ATC90 and it was bent right out of the box. Never again!

If someone's got decent ones for sale, I'm on it.

RodKnockRacing
05-04-2020, 08:15 AM
I have a 200e front wheel

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

RodKnockRacing
05-04-2020, 08:20 AM

Sent from my moto z4 using TapatalkI just have to get the bald ass tire off of it

Frankencelery
05-04-2020, 09:01 AM

I had it in my mind that those were different. is it 4/130? I'm looking for a rust-free or very low rust rim. I can get rusty ones all day!

UPDATE: They are not the same. According to the specs page right here on 3WW, the 200e uses a 9" wheel. Thanks anyway!

RodKnockRacing
05-04-2020, 09:41 AM
I had it in my mind that those were different. is it 4/130? I'm looking for a rust-free or very low rust rim. I can get rusty ones all day!

UPDATE: They are not the same. According to the specs page right here on 3WW, the 200e uses a 9" wheel. Thanks anyway!No problem

Frankencelery
05-04-2020, 10:29 AM
Here's something funny and sad...I'm searching frantically for an answer to this question, and I find a post from 10 YEARS ago from a guy looking for the same thing, and getting no answer there either. What's both funny and sad about it is the post was from ME! Sucks to get old and senile.

Has anyone ever tried contacting the manufacturer (maybe DWT or ITP) to see if they could do a custom run? I hear of these things sometimes, but I've never tried anything like that myself, so I don't know what it entails. I have to imagine there's be enough interest to build a small batch?

UPDATE: I called DWT and there's a possibility of getting a run of their blue labels done. Production manager is supposed to call me back. Any interest here?

Tri-Z 250
05-04-2020, 12:58 PM
I got a front wheel and custom center off set rear rims through “Bones” at OMF he had DouglasWheel do the rears. They often work together. I’m pleased how the 110 came out. This is what got me to switch it to a flat tracker. http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/184952-Hardtail-Racer-Build-85-ATC200S?highlight=At+Tim

ATC King
05-05-2020, 12:34 AM
How strong are the Blue Labels? I've held some in my hands, but never used them. It seems the stock 200X rims are stronger just from looks.

Saying both of your machines have bent wheels, just how persnickety are you? Do you mean the edges are bent or the whole wheel wobbles? I have several wheels, some ready to go as far as paint, but none of them are perfect. Some had a little rust, but should seal up fine, and often they have a slight roll or two on the bead edge.

Frankencelery
05-05-2020, 08:04 AM
Yeah, ATC King, I mean the whole wheel wobbles. I wouldn't care about some bent edges, that wouldn't bother me at all, so if the new options I'm looking at don't pan out, I'll come back and ping you on those.

Thanks Tri-Z 250, I did talk to Tim yesterday, and he does have some available. They are blue labels, but he said he's never heard of anyone bending one. Expensive, but since they're not made, it's a seller's market. So I'm thinking about those, but I'd still like to hear back from DWT, because I need 2 for my 200s, which are 4/130, and I need one each for my ATC90 and YTM225DX, which are both 3/100. Tim didn't have any with that bolt pattern.

Tri-Z 250
05-05-2020, 09:05 AM
The price is relative not comparable to old stock rims that may need work to look...stock. High polish, reliable Made in America race proven comes at the suggested retail price. Check out this Ohio salvage yard, you’d be surprised called CyclesRUs they might have it. Good to work with calling isn’t a bad idea...there not web guys they run a yard if you know what I’m saying. www.cyclesrus.net

Frankencelery
05-05-2020, 10:26 AM
The price is relative not comparable to old stock rims that may need work to look...stock. High polish, reliable Made in America race proven comes at the suggested retail price. Check out this Ohio salvage yard, you’d be surprised called CyclesRUs they might have it. Good to work with calling isn’t a bad idea...there not web guys they run a yard if you know what I’m saying. www.cyclesrus.net

Well, the Douglas ones are quite a bit more than retail. I do understand supply and demand, and having a special run is expensive. So I'm not complaining, it's just hard to justify $125 for a single rim for a trike I use mostly for yard work.

But thanks for the CyclesRUs link. I'll check that out as well!

TexFest
05-06-2020, 02:59 AM
Jr trikesports on Facebook has some, not sure if he still has any left or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk