PDA

View Full Version : 350X Rear Wheel Questions

Danoc33
04-14-2020, 09:36 AM
I recently acquired a 1985 350X that came with a set of ITP Holeshot tires and wheels on it that are 20x11-9. I ride trails that are dry and tacky and so far, these tires have zero issues hooking up. In fact, they hook up too good that they are very difficult to slide. That said, i have been thinking about getting another set of rears that would step out easier even if it means giving up some forward traction, so i was thinking of getting a second set of tires and was wondering if anyone has run a set of Duro HF 245 tires? If so, how did these tires work out for you?

My second question is that these tires are available in 18X11-8 or 20x11-10 which means I would need to get a new set of rims. Seeing that I am riding trails, I am leaning towards the 20x11-10 since it will provide better ground clearance. That said, any recommendations on aluminum 10" rims that will work on a 350X?

Any and all suggestions would be much appreciated.

Dirtcrasher
04-14-2020, 01:53 PM
There are many 20" tires that work great on the 350X, I think you need to wear them out a bit.

18" tires are for MX only or you'll get hung up on rocks and roots.

There are a few different types of Holeshots, some have huge knobs right out to the sides, those are the HD's.

I run the regular Holeshots and they slide fine but you've gotta put your body into it. As they wear, they will work better.

And Duros slide fine, but they also grab super well...