PDA

View Full Version : Help with 200x??

markdb420
02-20-2004, 10:02 PM
I am just getting my 200x back together, and since I had it sitting for 1 month, now the motor sounds like it has a knock that it didn't have before. The carburetor has gas pouring out of the venthose when it is running. This bothers me that now the engine sounds like it is knocking. Also the switch will not cut the 200x off. That is easy to fix. What the heck would cause it to knock after just sitting? Nothing was done to it, and what gives with the carb? It didn't do that before. The reason it was parked was while a newer tank was sandblasted and painted and the swingarm had new bearings installed, plus new chains and sprockets. This really has me stumped!

:rolleyes: :?:

TRI-Zbrian
02-20-2004, 10:51 PM
is it a nocking or more of a ticking noise? eather way it sounds like the engine was starving for oil and wore something out eather in the top end or in the lower end.... if its nocking id say it was soem ware in the lower half of the engine but if its more of a ticking id say it is in the head area.

mudduck14843
02-20-2004, 11:54 PM
when you start it tap on the carb bowl with the handel of a screw driver it should stop it from running out of the overflow.(float is sticking)
as for the knocking did you let it run a few minutes to give the oil enough time to get back in the top end?