PDA

View Full Version : Help with 250R exhaust

VABCH350X
02-20-2004, 08:02 PM
Hey guys, I'm having a problem getting my pipe and silencer to fit on my 86 250R. When I got it it had the stock pipe on it and an aftermarker silencer. I bought a used stock silencer and now I can't get it to fit. seems like either the pipe is now too long, or the silencer is too long. If I slip the two pieces together, the mounting holes are off by about 1.25". I noticed this joint in the end of my stock pipe, and I was thinking maybe it had been extended to accomodate the silencer that was on it. Either that or I have the wrong silencer, but I think the only other things it could be off of is an 85R or a TRX, and I don't think there is any difference. If I cut out the piece between the green lines I think the setup might work, but I want to make sure. Do any of your 250R pipes look like mine? Thanks a lot guys.

jenndnn3
02-20-2004, 09:35 PM
I posted this exact same question on .org. From what I was told is no it doesnt come off. But it sure looks like it would. There was also, some advice on how to cut it, but I chose not to. You have the wrong silencer. I am not sure what your new one fits but would definitly like to know. Because I have the same thing. Lucky for me tho, I had a silencer that did fit, Answer, and the new one that didnt fit, also Answer. I ended up swiping guts(silencer core)and end piece (which is what I really needed). I had to cut and weld the guts to fit. But that kept my stock stuff stock. And it doesnt show. Another thing is If I had modified the non fitting Answer, it would have created possibly some problems for my overflow tube, But that was only a possibility I saw. The guts was my best solution. Nothing changed on the trike. I hope all of that made sense...Jen

Oh yeah I forgot, mine is an 85r

VABCH350X
02-20-2004, 10:01 PM
Thanks, I looked at a couple other pipes on ebay, and they seem to have the same thing. Well, I know I definitely have a 250R silencer, it is stamped "Honda Krizman model 508". It may possibly be off of a TRX. Does anyone know for sure if the TRX silencer has a longer lead tube? I noticed that a pic I saw of the TRX pipe is a bit different. Maybe I'd be better off getting a TRX pipe for it if it will fit, or cutting the silencer that I have now. Any advice appreciated, thanks again guys and gals,
-Paul

markdb420
02-20-2004, 10:17 PM
That pipe looks a little different than the stock 85 expansion chamber I have. It is not on my 250r. I have a complete FMF system now. I am waiting on my big bore head gasket. My bike is either bored to 295 or 310cc. The head gasket went bad and I installed the wrong one (stock) what a fiasco! I'll take some pictures of my spare stock expansion chamber when I get a chance.

VABCH350X
02-21-2004, 07:29 PM
Thanks man, I'm curious to see what you have on yours.

TeCaTe_MaN
02-21-2004, 09:26 PM
just get a tecate...all there exhaust stuff matches... :D :D

VABCH350X
03-19-2004, 11:04 PM
OK, I got a silencer off of an 86 ATC and it fit perfectly. I guess my silencer must have been from a TRX. Though the two silencers look very similar, they are different enough to offset the mounts by more than an inch. Lesson learned!