PDA

View Full Version : Honda 200s Decompression Cable Hookup?? Help!

knowjesus
02-20-2004, 04:32 PM
Guys,
My 200s is in great shape but is a real pain to pull start. I'm a good size fellow and the compression is too great for me to start it in a sitting position. There is a cable/lever that goes from the Decompression lever on the engine head, but it is not hooked up anywhere. It just hangs down near the transmission. Does anyone know where this cable goes to in order for the decompression lever to work. I have tried to hold down/up the lever while pull starting but it doesn't work too good.
Thanks for the help!
Duane

jeswinehart
02-20-2004, 05:51 PM
hi duane.
i have a clymers manual that shows (sorta ) a picture of it but that is all it has. 200s modle ain't in my book. but i did go to bikebandit.com and got a better ( sorta - lol )

maybe it will be of some help to you.

john

http//houseofmotorcycles.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/oem_schematic_view.asp?schem_dept_id=190868§ion_de pt_id=1§ion_dept_name=OEM+%28Stock+Parts%29&dept_type_id=2&model_dept_year=1984&model_dept_mfr=Honda&model_dept_id=190798&model_dept_name=ATC200S

packhamstruck
02-20-2004, 07:10 PM
I had that same problem, but i just took my parts trike decompression it was a 185 and it had the little handle to use trailprotrailpro hand on instead of a cable, i dont use it to start it but i shut it off that way since i got no electrical on it