PDA

View Full Version : I got my 350X open, broken metal.....

freaksfix
02-20-2004, 02:52 PM
My 350X died on me just before winter hint, and i just finaly got it open this week to see what went wrong.

One of the cam sprocket bolts sheered off, then the cam sprocket chewed up the head ( thank god it didnt chew up the jurnals, only the side walls where the cam chain runs), then the other bolt tweeked and snaped the mounting tab off of the cam. The cam sprocket is bent with 1/2 a dozen cracks in it.Looks like the chain sliders took a beating too.... I was able to retrieve all the metal chunks, and both bolts from the lowwer end with out splitting the cases....

Its a good thing Ive held on to that extra cam this whole time. And awhile ago when it first happened I made a post thinking the cam chain snaped or a slider broke throwing the timing. Todd (200xman) PM'ed me saying the cam chain, sprocket, sliders, and a tenchioner was in the mail..... Thanks Todd!!!!

Well everything is changed, I just need to order some gaskets... Who is the best place to order gasket from? I checked Denis Kirk and all they list is std. bore,,,, I need one for .050 over bore... I usally order from a shop called TNT Cycle, but I havent had a chance to run down there...

And I was going to sell it, what the hell was i thinking... I was pissed and sick of working on so I put it on Ebay the auction ended at like $480 reserve not met... Two hours after the auction ended I had the motor out and apart.........

Xowner
02-20-2004, 04:11 PM
hey man check you pm about the fender extention im getting alot of bites off it and would like to move it soon let me know and get me some pics if you can about the items we talked about thanks

were did them snaped bolts go? bottom end?

and good luck with the 350X how far can you bore the 350X befor new sleve is needed

freaksfix
02-20-2004, 05:23 PM
xowner check your PM box.... yeah a few chunks of metal and one bolt was in the lower end and the rest was laying on the oil pump....

HemiChallenger71
02-20-2004, 08:53 PM
OUCH, I've never herd or seen a 350X do that. You did get pretty lucky with it when it broke, I was equally lucky with my recent snowmobile purchase.