PDA

View Full Version : Looks Like a JP Racing tank. . .

3WheelsForever
02-20-2004, 08:13 AM
Wow check it out. I guess some one could have fabricated it but, it looks almost identical to some of the Zs Ive seen with JP Racing tanks on them. Some of you Z guys should give this guy a holler and see if he can make you one.

Jeb
02-20-2004, 09:48 AM
I think those look great on the 86 Z. There were a couple different makers for those. JP was by far the best looking in my opinion.

I never understood why clark or IMS never made a plastic tank, or even yamaha for a "short track kit".

CHAINSAW
02-20-2004, 08:16 PM
because they only hold about a gallon or a hair more. .lol Mine doesnt hold quite a gallon... thats why its nicknamed the "guzzler"

Jeb
02-20-2004, 11:19 PM
Yeah, my tank on my Z only holds about a gallon too. It fits under the airbox cover and theres lots of wasted space around the tank. :(

I figured those JP tanks held more since they pretty much take the place of the airbox cover.

CHAINSAW
02-21-2004, 12:54 AM
They're isnt that much space for more gas. Ive looked under and all around for more room, but there is none on the Z. You could wrap one around the underneath where the coil is, but you still would only gain 1/8 of a gallon.

hondatrikesrule22
02-21-2004, 01:31 AM
Look at that swingarm... :shock: Thats gotta be a 10 foot chain on there :D .