PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki 3 wheeler

Olred
10-30-2019, 10:16 AM
This summer my beautiful wife finds a 92 king quad for 600 bucks. We go to look at it and I pick it up for 500 bucks. Sitting next to it is this trike. Kawasaki 250. Black with cool orange. And another set of green plastic. I asked him about it because its another wheeler but also had brand new tires on the rear. He says take it if want it. Since I felt bad , kinda of maybe a little, that I took him for a ride on the KQ that I gave him 60 bucks back. He was a vet moving out of state. All the KQ needed was a 20 dollar carb kit. Runs good and even had a plow setup.
So now I have this another project in my yard. With this Kawasaki. The guy said it ran. I can tell someone recently put some new wiring in it and an ignition switch. I used the rear tires n wheels on the Honda 185. After I dismounted the tires n wire wheeled all the rust off the inside of the wheels. And treated with rustolium rust converters paint. N valve stems. So here sits an electric start trike that looks like its built heavy duty. Is it worth anything? Probably should hook up a battery n see if it starts.
Any suggestions ?

Homeless Dave
10-30-2019, 12:00 PM
Kawasaki 250s are on the uncommon side of things. If it is decent shape (no breaks in frame and complete with plastics and engine) it is definitely worth putting some time into. post some pics of if you can. They are good machines if taken care of, my neighbor daily used his for riding, hauling trailers of fire wood, and towing junk cars around his shop for years until it got stolen. I can tell you that if you need parts, they are tough to find.

350for350
10-30-2019, 08:59 PM
From what I understand, the oil pump drive gear is made of plastic. I've seen people say to buy a new oil pump right off, but I'm not sure if they're still available. If I ever get around to mine, I want to see if I can have a new gear made form something more durable than plastic. That's assuming that the gear will even come off.