PDA

View Full Version : Public land legal exhausts

Fullsizechevy9
08-28-2019, 01:26 PM
Does bassani have spark arresters? How about this supertrapp. i know its legal, would it work with a 200x exhaust if i cut the muffler off and clamped the supertrapp on? Its says 11/4" and i beleive the o.d. of the 200x pipe is that.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190828/b295e8dbeb80135d0bb8a5c3808eee0d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

ATCKevin
08-28-2019, 01:56 PM
Back in the good ol days you could buy a Cobra Sparky for darn near any size pipe. They're hard to find now. If you have the stock exhaust on your 200x then you should be good to go as far as a USFS approved spark arrestor. Unless someone has gutted your stock silencer open.

Fullsizechevy9
08-28-2019, 02:26 PM
Back in the good ol days you could buy a Cobra Sparky for darn near any size pipe. They're hard to find now. If you have the stock exhaust on your 200x then you should be good to go as far as a USFS approved spark arrestor. Unless someone has gutted your stock silencer open.Looking for a better flowing exhaust that isnt overly loud and can use on public lands

ATC King
08-28-2019, 06:55 PM
All Supertrapps are USFS spark arrestor approved by design. Whether or not it's stamped onto all the muffler bodies, IDK. The aluminum and stainless steel ones I have, are stamped that they meet USFS spark arrestor approval. Some end caps may have it. I'm certain the stainless ones I have do, but the thick aluminum end caps don't.

Just an FYI, the discs on the end do very little to attenuate sound. Ever hear a Ford 300 I6 with headers, straight dual pipes and just Supertrapp discs on the ends? It's not quiet by any stretch. At full song, it sounds like a sack of rabid raccoons dropped at ground level by a Messerschmitt 109.

If you want the quietest Supertrapp you can get, use the longest body possible. The body is nothing more than a perforated core glass pack muffler. That's what affects sound levels more than anything on one. The longer the body, the quieter it will be. Using too few of discs to lower the sound just hurts performance. I think the minimum they suggest is six discs.

I really like the oval disc mufflers that used to be available, like the FMF Megamax.

Overall, it's just a muffler and with a little ingenuity, you can put just about anything on a 200X if you already have a headpipe. Some places may have dB limits, but for offroad use, it's mostly about the spark arrestor.

Fullsizechevy9
08-28-2019, 07:27 PM
All Supertrapps are USFS spark arrestor approved by design. Whether or not it's stamped onto all the muffler bodies, IDK. The aluminum and stainless steel ones I have, are stamped that they meet USFS spark arrestor approval. Some end caps may have it. I'm certain the stainless ones I have do, but the thick aluminum end caps don't.

Just an FYI, the discs on the end do very little to attenuate sound. Ever hear a Ford 300 I6 with headers, straight dual pipes and just Supertrapp discs on the ends? It's not quiet by any stretch. At full song, it sounds like a sack of rabid raccoons dropped at ground level by a Messerschmitt 109.

If you want the quietest Supertrapp you can get, use the longest body possible. The body is nothing more than a perforated core glass pack muffler. That's what affects sound levels more than anything on one. The longer the body, the quieter it will be. Using too few of discs to lower the sound just hurts performance. I think the minimum they suggest is six discs.

I really like the oval disc mufflers that used to be available, like the FMF Megamax.

Overall, it's just a muffler and with a little ingenuity, you can put just about anything on a 200X if you already have a headpipe. Some places may have dB limits, but for offroad use, it's mostly about the spark arrestor.Thanks for the reply im not super worried about sound i know a good flowing exhaust equals noise where i hunt i will be walking in off the atv trails 1 to 2 miles somtimes plus other people with atvs making noise just mainly want good flowing for performance and usfs legal i just heard that the super traps are quieter than the dg and cobras i opened up my stock exhaust some for flow so i want ti make sure i have somthing usfs legal yet dont kill all my power lord knows i dont need anymore tickets this year i have a 200s but want the exhaust to come out the side up higher like the x so when i go through mud and water its high as possible plus i may end up suspending it and if i dont ill def be getting an x frame i am going to get a usfs legal exhaust and going to put a 10.25:1 piston with x or xr200 cam and carb and call it quits for the year so i can start scouting and getting ready for bow season after the season ill start doing more upgrades i just got my cylinder back from being bored so wont be long ill be in the woods