PDA

View Full Version : ATC 70 issues after clutch rebuild.

GTO
03-29-2019, 02:10 AM
I rebuilt an ATC70 engine and installed new clutch plates at the same time which is now in the donor pit bike whose engine I used for my ATC70 a few years ago.

The clutch is now permanently engaged, in other wards it will stall in gear at idling if not moving, otherwise it performs perfectly changes gear fine etc.

Just stalls when stopping, will also start moving forward if no rider is on it if its in gear and idling.

I did a search and found a post on another forum where the poster reckoned this is normal after a clutch rebuilt on these engines and will take a few hours of use to come right?

shortline10
03-29-2019, 05:49 AM
I’ve had this issue when using cheap aftermarket clutch plates , the fiber plates were made to thick . It also could be you didn’t install them in the correct order .

GTO
04-01-2019, 01:02 AM
I’ve had this issue when using cheap aftermarket clutch plates , the fiber plates were made to thick . It also could be you didn’t install them in the correct order .

Thanks, I did use cheap aftermarket plates, did you replace the plates with OEM ones?

shortline10
04-01-2019, 05:05 AM
I Just bought a better quality set .

GTO
04-23-2019, 04:06 AM
I changed the clutch plates this weekend, I reinstalled old ones as they were still over the service limit, the new aren't much thicker. than old ones.
Clutch is still the same no change.
The manual says(see attached) that the one way clutch should turn freely anti clockwise but mine turns freely clockwise and will not turn anti clockwise is this correct?
Can't see it going in any other way?