PDA

View Full Version : Need help wiring a 110 headlight

hondaATCman
02-17-2004, 09:15 PM
Hey guys, I need help wiring the headlight and tail light for my '82 110. The headlight is aftermarket and of course, none of the wires match and I have a stock tail light. I need someone to run me through their own wiring harness setup or give a nice how-to article because I can't really understand the book and I have to splice now because of the poor compatability of aftermarket stuff. This is the only thing keeping me off the trails because I'm afraid of getting stuck out at dark. Please help!! Thanks

bigred110
02-17-2004, 09:21 PM
Blue and white(I think) wire is for the headlight. Brown wire is the tail light wire.

hondaATCman
02-17-2004, 09:25 PM
Ok, but what about when they connect to the stator or the "hot wire" do I splice all three of them together?? I'll admit it, I'm clueless when it comes to electrical wiring. :D

bigred110
02-17-2004, 09:27 PM
Ok, but what about when they connect to the stator or the "hot wire" do I splice all three of them together?? I'll admit it, I'm clueless when it comes to electrical wiring. :D

I'll go and look at my 110's and get back to you in a sec.

bigred110
02-17-2004, 10:57 PM
The stator wire looks like it goes to the kill switch and splits. So just run the power for your lights off your light switch, does your's have the round headlight?

hondatrikesrule22
02-17-2004, 11:56 PM
Hey, I just got a 80' 110, and some parts bike too. I took the 80' front end off and put an 85' front end on ( the sqaure headlight looks better :-D ).Well, I would like to wire the headlight, but the original headlight had a switch on the top. I am also clueless when it comes to wiring.I have the 85 switch that mounts to the handlebars. So it has 2 headlights on it. :D Please help...I am afraid of losing spark. thanx

bigred110
02-18-2004, 12:16 AM
Hey, I just got a 80' 110, and some parts bike too. I took the 80' front end off and put an 85' front end on ( the sqaure headlight looks better :-D ).Well, I would like to wire the headlight, but the original headlight had a switch on the top. I am also clueless when it comes to wiring.I have the 85 switch that mounts to the handlebars. So it has 2 headlights on it. :D Please help...I am afraid of losing spark. thanx

Just put on the kill switch and you can run the lights and engine switch on it. Thats what I did to my 79. All you got to do is hook up the wires to their color.

hondaATCman
02-18-2004, 04:43 PM
The stator wire looks like it goes to the kill switch and splits. So just run the power for your lights off your light switch, does your's have the round headlight?

No, I have the square headlight but all of the light wires are just hanging down. The only wires that are connected are the ones to let it have spark. If I could find my digital camera I would take pics. I'll look for it again.