PDA

View Full Version : ArmorTech recoil rebuild kits?

Scootertrash
03-15-2019, 06:58 AM
Anybody have any experience with this company or their products?

The recoil on my 200s needs some TLC and I'm leaning towards a complete rebuild, however a lot of the OEM parts are no longer available.

shortline10
03-15-2019, 08:14 AM
The OEM pulley is the only way to go , the rest of the parts are just ok .

captainweezy
03-15-2019, 10:52 PM
Nothing but problems with the pulleys lately. I don't know what is going on with them. They used to work fine. I am ready to sell all of my recoils and parts so I don't have to mess with them anymore. If you can find a new oem I would say spend the extra on it.

Scootertrash
03-16-2019, 06:57 AM
I believe the pulley is the problem. The pull rope continually wears in the same spot, which appears to line up with the notch in the pulley where you place the rope to pretension the spring. I've inspected the pulley notch for sharp edges and there appears to be none, however I took my dremel and buffed and polished the area to eliminate any sharpness on the edges of the notch.

I have no problem paying a premium for NOS OEM, but they're rare as hen's teeth. Part of the problem is the 200S has the decompression ring on the pulley. I realize I could eliminate the decompression system, but I prefer to keep it original, at least at this point in time.

I'm going to try to dig into it today and do another inspection and cleaning. Maybe I'll find something I missed before:wondering