PDA

View Full Version : 185S cylinder head plug?

ddtoby
02-16-2004, 09:44 PM
The opposite side of the spark plug on the cylinder head, looks like I lost a screw plug or something. Spitting oil all over without this, what is it, and where can I find another. About time to buy a manual I guess...!!!

TIA

ddtoby
02-17-2004, 11:06 AM
Looking at the parts fiche, it looks like it could be the cam chain tensioner guide bolt?? Does this sound right, and if so, will I be lucky enough just to screw another one in, or does this mean taking the head off?? It was running fine, just spewing oil all over from this hole.

thefox
02-17-2004, 11:38 AM
You might be able to just put a new blot in but it depends on if the cam chain guid lines right up or not. If you can't get it in then you would have to take off the CDI so that you can align the guide. Not too hard but then the timeing would need to be reset.

ddtoby
02-17-2004, 01:11 PM
Well I called the local dealer here and they think that it is just a threaded cap that goes in the head itself to allow access to that bolt. If anyone has a 185s out there, and I am sure you guys do, could you tell me if that is the case, a cap that you screw out to allow access to the bolt itself, I am thinking I am just missing the cap. When I get home I will have to shine the flashlight in the hold and see what I can see.

TIA

thefox
02-17-2004, 01:44 PM
What hole is it? I have attached a pic of the head, the arrow points to the place the cam chain guide bolt goes. I also included a picture of the cam chain, that arrow is pointing to the bolt that goes in the hole in the 1st picture.

ddtoby
02-17-2004, 01:50 PM
yep, that is exactly where it is. I saw that parts fiche also and that is why I thought it was the bolt itself. The dealer said that his fiche showed just a cab that screwed in this hole to cover the bolt, and that the bolt was actually inside the head, underneach this cover that he had.

ejc042
02-17-2004, 01:58 PM
Here is the Honda part number
14535-437-000