PDA

View Full Version : tri z front axle parts

iwallace
09-17-2018, 11:45 AM
Hiya,.
after beating the hell out of the bolt that holds everything in place, I NOW NEED A NEW ONE,
im struggling to find a oem one, for the tri z.
do any other bolts fit from another trike,.
thanks ian

El Camexican
09-17-2018, 08:09 PM
This is on eBay at the moment. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-TRI-Z-Forks-Hub-Axle-Rotor-YTZ250/362435126619?hash=item5462d1255b:g:s4YAAOSwLNpbmog 7

Pickings have been pretty slim for such things the last few years. Eight years ago when I was looking there were all kinds of deals. I can only imagine that it will get worse over time.

I don't know of anything else that fits, but there was a run of SS axles done years back. You might get lucky and find one if you put an add up in the classified section.

iwallace
09-18-2018, 04:04 AM
Cheers mate.
Do you know if the 85 and 86 hubs are the same. Been msg all day long on ebay adds..might get lucky.. would you remember who done or made the SS hubs..
Looks like another day on ebay. Thanks ian

El Camexican
09-18-2018, 08:00 AM
Rim, hub, disc and axle on 85 and 86 are the same as far as I know. I believe the forks, triple trees and tire are different. You can always cross reference part numbers on the fiches.

The last person I recall mentioning an ss front axle was “Mosh”. Search his name on here and try sending him a pm

You can also take your old axle to a machine shop and get them to make you one out of whatever material you want.