PDA

View Full Version : What's the best method to ship a frame?

dbtiger
06-30-2018, 11:30 PM
I'm in need of a frame and may have found one, however, I now need to figure out how to get it shipped. If you have ever shipped a frame, what is the best method? UPS/FedEx? On a pallet, wrapped/padded? Any info is appreciated.

6bt
07-01-2018, 12:12 AM
I bought an lt500 frame out of Arizona. It was shipped to NY via Greyhound bus. It was wrapped in plastic. Cost was like $120. Fastenal also does shipping as well.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

TexFest
07-01-2018, 12:19 AM
a frame i got on ebay was also wrapped in plastic

oldskool83
07-02-2018, 07:03 AM
a frame i got on ebay was also wrapped in plastic

same here shipped from az to pa usps bare $72 bucks...you add a box then it goes way up

dbtiger
07-02-2018, 05:58 PM
I bought an lt500 frame out of Arizona. It was shipped to NY via Greyhound bus. It was wrapped in plastic. Cost was like $120. Fastenal also does shipping as well.

I’ve heard of greyhound shipping but have never used them. Fastenal? I didn’t know they offering shipping services, I’ll check that out.

6bt
07-02-2018, 06:06 PM
I’ve heard of greyhound shipping but have never used them. Fastenal? I didn’t know they offering shipping services, I’ll check that out.Greyhound worked pretty well imo. Took a week or a little more. It was wrapped in plastic, and went into the baggage area under the bus. Ups wouldn't have been able to touch it for $120 or so. Fastenal is constantly shipping thing to all of their branches, and from branch to branch. That's how that works.

dbtiger
07-02-2018, 09:19 PM
same here shipped from az to pa usps bare $72 bucks...you add a box then it goes way up
So, just wrap good with plastic and carry to the post office? That sounds easy enough.

swampthang
07-03-2018, 09:19 AM
Ive shipped a few frames before. USPS has size limits a fullsize frame might be too big. I did ship a atc 70 frame thru USPS it fit inside a box and if I remember only cost about $35 shipped half acrossed country. Bigger frames I ship UPS. I put the frame inside a black garbage bag then start wrapping it in shrink wrap and cover edges/fragile areas with cardboard while wrapping it. Seemed like most weighed around 35lb and cost about $70 shipped half acrossed country. Print your shipping labels from home will save a few dollars too. I did buy a Can Am Renegade frame once off ebay and it was shipped Fedex bare nothing but a shipping label tapped to it and when I got it it was dropped several times and had alot of bent mounting tabs. It weighed about 90lb and Im sure delivery guy was pissed he had to lug it around. I hate shipping big things like frames and fenders. It sux.

oldskool83
07-03-2018, 09:40 AM
Yes or ups. Its ginna get messed up any anyine butibg a brare frame is doing a project.