PDA

View Full Version : Electrical wiring questions. Just keeps on sparking.

swampthang
06-21-2018, 04:45 PM
Im building a Frankenstein bike from spare parts I have laying around. 81 185s frame with 82 200 motor and wiring harness. Motor and harness came from a great running bike. The 185s frame has what looks like a keyed ignition from a 200e on the handlebars. I think its neat and would like to keep it if possible. I dont have the original kill switch for the 200 harness. At the end of the 200 harness by the handlebars I have a black male wire, green female wire, brown male wire, and yellow female. These are not plugged into anything and when I spin the motor over I get fire at the spark plug. At the keyed ignition it has a black male wire, yellow/red female wire, red male wire, green male wire. I plugged the black together and green together with the key off and on and it still has fire at spark plug. I dont have a carb on it yet to try and run it but how can I wire something up so I can shut it off when I get it all put together?

swampthang
06-21-2018, 05:41 PM
Ok must of had a bad 1st key switch, found another 200e ignition in my Honda Hoard. Plugged it in green to green black to black and It killed the fire to the spark plug. FYI 200e ignition on the 185s and older 200 is a sweet little bolt on mod.