PDA

View Full Version : hpi setup and problems

Green4life
06-16-2018, 12:09 AM
whats up fellas,
have a little issue hope to get some help. first little back story bought an 85 tecate that needed a complete rebuild did everything from top to bottom new seals,gaskets,had my cylinder borded new piston everything nuts bolts whole 9 my last think i needed was stator and flywheel. Well i went with the hpi i can not get this thing setup right. i have it to where i can start it runs but man she has a really hard kick and every once and a while it will give me this kick back that almost breaks my foot i have to have somethjng wrong no matter what way i turn advance or retard i still have the same issues
can anyone help or had the same issues?
thanks in advanve

Green4life
06-16-2018, 12:10 AM
this is 2mm BTDC

christph
06-16-2018, 12:22 AM
Just a word of warning. Tecate kick levers are not particularly strong, especially when you get kick back. The kick boss--the part that bolts on the shaft--will snap where it inserts into the lever. I broke two of them when rewinding my ignition coil and couldn't get it right. They are a discontinued part, too, so they can be hard and expensive to track down. I stopped experimenting with the ignition after breaking two of them. It got too expensive.