PDA

View Full Version : New Manual Repository Website

MattDragontamer
04-16-2018, 10:44 PM
Hey pplz!

Well I have noticed over the last little while that the websites that are hosting the digital Manuals are one by one going offline.
I started a new one and looked around for as many docs as I could find.
Many link found on the websites that are still up are producing dead links.

SO I need YOUR help.

I would like everyone who has digital copies of the various manuals to check out the site and see if I have what you have.
Misc Documents are accepted as well.
If you have something I don't, please pm me a link or email me directly @ (my username)@Hotmail.com

Thanks

www.threewheelermanuals.com (http://threewheelermanuals.com)

ironchop
04-16-2018, 10:52 PM
Thank you for the effort and for hosting, Matt.

You've already got what I have.

Do you have a PDF of "Two-Stroke Tuner's Handbook"?

I can send you a copy of mine if you don't.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

ironchop
04-16-2018, 10:54 PM
Sent...let me know if you got it or not

MattDragontamer
04-16-2018, 10:56 PM
Nope, didn't have it... will be added soon. Thanks!

MonroeMike
04-17-2018, 01:52 AM
My three wheeler manuals, I have some more scattered around on my computer.

G:\Manuals\1\Honda\Honda ATC 200e Big Red (82-83) Shop Manual.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Honda\Honda ATC 200es Big Red 1984 Shop Manual.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Honda\Honda ATC 200m (84-85) Shop Manual.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Honda\Honda ATC 200s (84-86) Shop Manual.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Honda\Honda ATC 200x (83-85) Shop Manual.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Honda\Honda ATC 200x (86-87) Service Manual.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Honda\Honda ATC 200x (86-87), TRX200sx (86-88) Repair Manual.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Honda\Honda ATC 200x 1986 Owners Manual.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Honda\Honda ATC 200x 83-85 Condensed Service Data.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Honda\Honda ATC 250es Big Red (85-87) Service Manual.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Honda\Honda ATC 250es, 250sx, TRX250 Condensed Service Data.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Honda\Honda ATC 250r (81-84) Repair Manual.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Honda\Honda ATC 250r (81-84) Shop Manual.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Honda\Honda ATC 250r (85-86) Shop Manual.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Honda\Honda ATC 250sx (85-87) Service Manual.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Honda\Honda ATC 250sx 1985 Owners Manual.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Honda\Honda ATC 350x (85-86) Service Manual.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Honda\Honda ATC 350x 1986 Owners Manual.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Honda\Honda ATC 70 (73-84) Shop Manual.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Honda\Honda ATC 70 1985 Shop Manual.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Honda\Honda ATC 70, TRX70 Condensed Service Data.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Honda\Honda ATC 90 (73-78) ATC 110 (79-81) Shop Manual.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Honda\Honda ATC, TRX 250r (85-89) Repair Manual.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Honda\Honda ATC, TRX, Fourtrax (70 thru 125) 70-87 Repair Manual.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Honda\Honda ATC125M 86-87 Service Manual.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Honda\Honda Shaft Drive ATC 250 (es,sx) TRX (200,250) 84-87 Repair Manual.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Kawasaki\Kawasaki (KLT110, 160, 200, 250) 81-85 Workshop Manual.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Kawasaki\Kawasaki (KLT110, KLF110) Condensed Service Data.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Kawasaki\Kawasaki (KLT110, KLT160) 84-85 Repair Manual.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Kawasaki\Kawasaki (KLT160, KLT185, KLF185) Condensed Service Data.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Kawasaki\Kawasaki (KLT200, KLT250) Condensed Service Data.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Kawasaki\Kawasaki Tecate 84-85 Service Manual.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Kawasaki\Kawasaki Tecate 84-87 Condensed Service Data.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Kawasaki\Kawasaki Tecate 86 Service Manual Supplement.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Polaris\Polaris 250 - 425 cc (All 3-4-6 Wheel) 85-95 ATV Repair Manual.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Suzuki\Suzuki (ALT125, LT125, ALT185, LT185) 83-85 Repair Manual.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Suzuki\Suzuki (ALT125, LT125, ALT185, LT185) 83-87 Repair Manual.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Suzuki\Suzuki (ALT125, LT125, ALT185, LT185) Condensed Service Data.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Suzuki\Suzuki (ALT50, LT50) Condensed Service Data.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Yamaha\Yamaha (YFM200, YTM200, 225) 83-86 Repair Manual.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Yamaha\Yamaha (YT125, YT175) Condensed Service Data.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Yamaha\Yamaha (YT60, 125, 175, YFM200, YTM200, 225, YTZ250) 80-85 Workshop Manual.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Yamaha\Yamaha (YTM200, Yamahauler, YTM225) 83-85 Repair Manual.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Yamaha\Yamaha (YTM200, YTM200e, YTM225) Condensed Service Data.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Yamaha\Yamaha YT175 (82-83) Service Manual.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Yamaha\Yamaha YT60 Tri-Zinger 1984.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Yamaha\Yamaha YTM200EK (EL) Yamahauler 1983 Service Manual.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Yamaha\Yamaha YTM200ER, YTM225 (DR, DX) 83-86 Supplementary Service Manual.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Yamaha\Yamaha YTM200K 1983 Service Manual.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Yamaha\Yamaha YTZ 250 Tri-Z (85-86) Condensed Service Data.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Yamaha\Yamaha YTZ 250 Tri-Z 1985 Service Manual.pdf
G:\Manuals\1\Yamaha\Yamaha YTZ 250 Tri-Z 1986 Service Manual.pdf

ironchop
04-17-2018, 10:09 AM
I hope someone stickies this thread so we can find it easily

MattDragontamer
04-17-2018, 11:07 AM
I'll get a hold of you soon...

keister
04-17-2018, 12:28 PM
Thanks for preserving these.
I know I have used Monroe Mike's manuals countless times over the years.
and I second the motion to Sticky this thread.

MattDragontamer
04-18-2018, 05:22 PM
I've updates the website with the help given. Enjoy! Still want more contributions of manuals...

muthey
04-20-2018, 02:23 AM
are you also interested in snowmobile and atv and utv and dirtbike manuals as a side addition if so I have a ton of them to offer up as I pay and also have received free ones over the last few years for the work I do on them?

MattDragontamer
04-21-2018, 05:48 PM
Sorry, I did not see the updated message.

I don't know if I want to do all kinds of side additions. But I can give it some thought. Are they all in pdf form yet?

muthey
04-22-2018, 12:20 AM
Yes pdf or there are a few wiring diagrams in jpgs

Scootertrash
04-22-2018, 03:18 AM
Thanks for all your hard work Matt! And thanks to everyone who supplied manuals!!

MattDragontamer
04-23-2018, 02:18 PM
Still missing some owner manuals and shop manuals such as the ATC70 owner's manual. I tried to have a guy on facebook scan or sell me one he posted. But no luck.

Ghostv2
04-23-2018, 02:21 PM
I love the layout.
I’m not sure if you seen the thread to identify recoils but it would be great to add.
http://atcvin.webs.com/RecoilInfo/

MonroeMike
04-23-2018, 02:37 PM
Still missing some owner manuals and shop manuals such as the ATC70 owner's manual. I tried to have a guy on facebook scan or sell me one he posted. But no luck.

Look here.

http://www.hondampe.com.au/repository/owning_a_honda/owners-manuals/atv.aspx

Yamaha here.

http://www.yamahaownershandbook.com.au/?r=0

MattDragontamer
04-23-2018, 09:33 PM
I love the layout.
I’m not sure if you seen the thread to identify recoils but it would be great to add.
http://atcvin.webs.com/RecoilInfo/

I'll add it to the Honda Misc...

ps2fixer
04-24-2018, 04:18 PM
Nice looking site so far. Looks like there's some manuals I'm missing, so I'll defo be updating my collection.

Here's a couple of things that I think would make the site even better.

VIN decoder (atleast for Honda 3 wheelers), this site seems to be accurate, and it uses javascript. Of course don't stright up copy the code w\o permission, but you can take the logic/data behind it and duplicate the function.

http://atcvin.webs.com/

A search bar is something I could see being useful. Like someone could search 250r and all the ATC250R and if you add atvs in TRX250R manuals would come up. This would take a bit more effort adding files though since you'd have to add keywords, but it also would be the same keywords you'd likely want for SEO.

Another thing that I think would be pretty easy to add is a zip/rar compressed download, not everyone has high speed internet, so having an option for compressed files helps them out. Also a download all would be nice like all similar models together, or all from the current page (say all Honda ATC's). If the server has spare cpu cycles, the site could compress the files on the fly which a check box system similar to how drop box works.

How do you get around the issue of copyright on the manuals? I've wanted to host a copy of all of the manuals I've found too, but I'd fear the copyright claims. I see the files are hosted on a different url, so maybe that's your trick?

The last thing I can think of is to offer up basic service info in a text format right on the site, like basic specs of the 3 wheeler (hp, torque, alternator max output @ x rpm) and also some basic repair/replacement parts info like what spark plugs it calls for, head light bulb part number / common type, oil weight/type (wet clutch spec for most models), etc.

Another neat thing would be info like production numbers (the known ones atleast), frame/engine serial number ranges per year and such.

Basically, take a bunch of misc sites and combine into one as a one stop spot for any/all 3 wheeler related info. Could even have the community write repair articles on common issues with x model of 3 wheeler. I'd think it would be acceptable to place related ads on the site (like 3ww shop and other atc related sites, whoever is willing to pay for ad space), as long as it doesn't hinder the experience.

Anyway, just a bunch of my ideas that I haven't put the effort into making happen. Good luck with the site!

Ghostv2
04-24-2018, 04:40 PM
Nice looking site so far. Looks like there's some manuals I'm missing, so I'll defo be updating my collection.

VIN decoder (atleast for Honda 3 wheelers), this site seems to be accurate, and it uses javascript. Of course don't stright up copy the code w\o permission, but you can take the logic/data behind it and duplicate the function.

A search bar is something I could see being useful. Like someone could search 250r and all the ATC250R and if you add atvs in TRX250R manuals would come up. This would take a bit more effort adding files though since you'd have to add keywords, but it also would be the same keywords you'd likely want for SEO.

Another thing that I think would be pretty easy to add is a zip/rar compressed download, not everyone has high speed internet, so having an option for compressed files helps them out. Also a download all would be nice like all similar models together, or all from the current page (say all Honda ATC's). If the server has spare cpu cycles, the site could compress the files on the fly which a check box system similar to how drop box works.

How do you get around the issue of copyright on the manuals? I've wanted to host a copy of all of the manuals I've found too, but I'd fear the copyright claims. I see the files are hosted on a different url, so maybe that's your trick?

The last thing I can think of is to offer up basic service info in a text format right on the site, like basic specs of the 3 wheeler (hp, torque, alternator max output @ x rpm) and also some basic repair/replacement parts info like what spark plugs it calls for, head light bulb part number / common type, oil weight/type (wet clutch spec for most models), etc.

Another neat thing would be info like production numbers (the known ones atleast), frame/engine serial number ranges per year and such.

Basically, take a bunch of misc sites and combine into one as a one stop spot for any/all 3 wheeler related info. Could even have the community write repair articles on common issues with x model of 3 wheeler. I'd think it would be acceptable to place related ads on the site (like 3ww shop and other atc related sites, whoever is willing to pay for ad space), as long as it doesn't hinder the experience.

Anyway, just a bunch of my ideas that I haven't put the effort into making happen. Good luck with the site!

I feel like everything you described (especially towards the end) is what 3ww SHOULD be.

If that much effort is going to be put into something of that sort, i feel it should come from this site and the people who help run it. This should be the one stop shop for 3 wheelers. All of this info should be easy to find and readily available right here. I’m a fan of the forums, but there should be more to this site. And an easy to use layout is a must, trike guys aren’t always the most tech savvy guys. A lot never even make it to learn how to post a thread.

MattDragontamer
04-24-2018, 05:02 PM

As Ghostv2 stated, most of this info should be hosted on 3WW. It's just hard to modify and add content and keep order.

As for the copyrights, there are none. Once a product is discontinued, it becomes public domain.

All I am doing is trying to ensure a one stop shop for manuals and info. If the 3WW admin feels that it should be linked, then he will post a link.

I don't charge anything for the manuals, thus not profiting on the product. I do however accept donation which will help to pay for the domain and yearly cost of the website hosting. ~$200 a year.

ps2fixer
04-24-2018, 05:02 PM
Not to step on toes or anything, but maybe the ower(s) of the site doesn't have the vision for 3ww to be that way? If that's the case, the only way to make it happen is for a 3rd party to do it. I love the forums too, it's the best source for real world info on 3 wheelers, but for basic manual info and such you have to dig a fair bit to actually find the links. Quick example, the words service manual automatically links to a thread, and if I recall correctly, that thread's links are all dead, but the last page of the thread had active links, or links to a difference manual source.

Some of the ideas I posted takes a bit of programming know how, I know I can do it myself, but I've been programming for around 20 years, not everyone has the same passions, so different skill sets nets in different results.

I suspect the owner(s) of 3ww have a similar fear as myself on the copyright and legalness of hosting service manuals, or their IRL job/life keeps them too busy to expand the site and the site doesn't make enough to warrant paying someone to perform the work which creates a catch 22 situation. Just an outsider's view of what I can only guess is the insider's reality. The 3ww shop is/was a great move for the site, but I suspect it needs a little marketing behind it to help push people needing parts to that section of the site.

Anyway, ranting gets nothing done, action does and that's exactly what the OP did.

Ghostv2
04-24-2018, 05:17 PM
The point of the shop was to get around the hassle and fees of eBay (im not sure if the 3ww shop has fees or not either). A way for trikers to market to trikers and skip the crazy prices. Now it’s more of a place for people to market repro parts, which I’m okay with.

To put it simply, Facebook makes it obsolete. It’s a great idea, but fb just makes it even that much easier. You join the page you want (ex: Air Cooled 250r’s) and you quickly post an image without having to use an image hosting site and tens of thousands of people will see it. Everyone has a Facebook. And even those pages get more traffic than 3ww as a whole. It’s just the way it is. Fb owns the internet along with YouTube and google.

ps2fixer
04-24-2018, 05:38 PM
As for the copyrights, there are none. Once a product is discontinued, it becomes public domain.

A product being discontinued has nothing todo with it becoming public domain in all the copyright research/learning I've done. You can't take a TV show that hasn't aired in 5 years and remake it with out copyright problems because someone still holds the copyright to it. Honda hasn't gone out of business, so they hold the copyright to the manuals even after production has stopped on them.

Here's a good reference to check. Basically copyright lasts for the life of the author + 70 years and none of these manuals are over 70 years to start with. The only thing that I can think of to get around the copyright issue is the cold hard facts can't be copyrighted, cylinder measurements are just that measurements, doesn't matter who has that info, but their photos, wording etc is copyrighted which is what the PDF's are.

http://info.legalzoom.com/copyright-laws-out-print-books-23138.html

Of course there are always legal loop holes in things, I've seen sites offer music, videos etc, but they don't have any claim problems because they are a "search engine" that helps users find what they want. The actual music/videos are hosted on other sites like youtube.

I didn't notice the donate spot on the site, might want to throw a little link at the bottom for all pages to make it easier to see, or a $ button at the top for more presents.

Hopefully you don't have any legal problems with the used images, manuals etc. More hosts for this content the better for us (the end users).

@Ghostv2

Yea didn't even think of facebook, I don't use it myself since I don't like the spy-tactics related to it. From what I've been told, finding stuff on facebook is a pain, you have to scroll forever to find the exact part you want unless there's different layouts or something. For used parts I can see it working well, but not so much with repro parts unless it's spammed every couple of days or a super high demand part. Also the 3ww shop has a 5% fee and sadly ebay's system works better than 3ww for ease of use etc and is 10%ish for store owners or 15% for low volume sellers. I've suggested some ideas to make the 3ww shop better, so hopefully it can progress to becoming better.

Also small FYI, Google owns Youtube and Google is one of the world's largest advertising companies in the world, their "job" is to connect products to consumers. The search engine and youtube is just to get massive traffic more or less.

ironchop
04-24-2018, 06:00 PM
Back on track......

I would love to see this all stickied somewhere. If it doesn't, then oh well. It would be sad to have something so generous bestowed on us hobbyists not be appreciated. This place is the ONLY reason I have successfully built, repaired, and found parts for over twenty trikes I've owned or worked on. FB has done nothing for me. Not. One. Positive. Thing.

If it comes down to the hosting fee, well then I'm sure Matt could find twenty old-schoolers, like myself, who would be willing to pay $10 a year membership fee to be in the "you can access my repository club"

Maybe we should just say "Thanks Matt, MonroeMike, Oscar" and everyone who tried to help others out with manuals without asking for anything in return.

I would pay to be a member here too. Way too much good info has been gathered over almost 20yrs time and from people who know better than anyone about trikes

When airfoolers.com died, people were sad at the loss of troves of accumulated info.... nobody will ever say that of Facebook guaranteed.

MattDragontamer
04-24-2018, 11:10 PM
@ps2fixer

There is a section of the copyrights laws here in Canada that allow redistribustion of materals that are no longer available by the original source and/or in it's orignal form.
In addition, you cannot charge any fees for the redistributions copies.

So because you cannot purchase a new copy of the manuals from the manufacturers it open the window for redustribution. And I don't charge anything for the distribution.
The donations are to pay for the site not the content.

And you won't find a clymer book or other such digital manuals on it. Which are more recent and are basicly re-hached copies of the original manuals.

Anywho... Let me deal with all that.

I won't be making a membership fee or anything like that. The point is to have a free go to one stop shop manuals info site. Quick clean and no digging.

And thanks goes to all that contributed.