PDA

View Full Version : Asv shorty levers on a Triz?

HEAD09
03-27-2018, 03:44 PM
Hey guys was looking for info and pictures of lever on the Triz,
i was trying the search but my stupid phone wouldn't bring up pics or
didnt say if they were short. I think?!? So will the levers work
with the controls (kill/light) and also a twist throttle. Thx

brandonlowe2
03-27-2018, 03:45 PM
Interesting you posted this.... I was about to post the same question. I actually have them installed on my Tri-Z, but, the clutch lever does not work. The brake lever works fine (I will try to get pictures tonight)

I am working on a solution for the Clutch Lever side. The problem is the control box as you figured.

oldskool83
03-27-2018, 07:58 PM
Most times you just buy whatever mastercyclinder and related clutch perch from a did bike, or atv and install. I ran yz85 asv stuff on my 200x. It does not need to be bike related plus todays atvs have way better master cyclinder then any 30-35 year old trike. Enjoy! Don't over think it

fabiodriven
03-27-2018, 08:36 PM
Most times you just buy whatever mastercyclinder and related clutch perch from a did bike, or atv and install. I ran yz85 asv stuff on my 200x. It does not need to be bike related plus todays atvs have way better master cyclinder then any 30-35 year old trike. Enjoy! Don't over think it

His concern is the clutch lever hitting the control block there, light switch and kill switch, and according to the post above yours it is indeed a problem.

Don't under think it.

brandonlowe2
03-28-2018, 07:59 AM
I am completely forgetful sometimes.... went back in my shop my last and totally forgot to take pictures. I will try again tonight!

HEAD09
03-28-2018, 09:07 AM
I am completely forgetful sometimes.... went back in my shop my last and totally forgot to take pictures. I will try again tonight!

ok thx all...so shorty will work on brake side and i have to get a normal size for the clutch? good to know, unless someone has switched the clutch perch
around with the controls? i think it would looks stupid! maybe! nevermind, i dont know, thx!

brandonlowe2
03-28-2018, 04:25 PM
It will definately work on the brake side with no modification... I am running that now.

The clutch side does not work because of the way the OEM lever has a bend in it to bend around the control box. I have been told there is "a way" to do it by creating a new "back side" on the control box. I have a plan, and I am working on it... and I think it is going to work and I will be posting it here when I get done.

HEAD09
03-28-2018, 04:59 PM
With that being said will anything work? Fly? Pro taper? And if anyone has there set up,
pictures are appreciated! Thx

brandonlowe2
03-28-2018, 08:01 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180329/3bba37bed8e277e6dbdf559cc345fd1d.jpg

That bend in the bar is why the asv won’t work out of the box.... the silver part (very much like the brake side) hits the control box

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180329/d862a18a99983a2367fe9d0a7b1453d2.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180329/69d5c79f348fb75555613f3059d234ca.jpg

As you can see here the brake side has no trouble

I will report back after I make the clutch side work as to how I did it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldskool83
03-28-2018, 08:10 PM
Quad levers are longer to clear the run stop boxes. Dirt bikes have shorter ones. When I used yz85 adv clutch perch and lever I just moved the run box to the middle of the bars. Gotta think guys it's not hard. Any 7/8 bars work, a bars not model specific.

yaegerb
03-29-2018, 12:00 AM
Quad levers are longer to clear the run stop boxes. Dirt bikes have shorter ones. When I used yz85 adv clutch perch and lever I just moved the run box to the middle of the bars. Gotta think guys it's not hard. Any 7/8 bars work, a bars not model specific.

What if I want to retain the factory look with the oem control on the left hand side and run asv levers?

oldskool83
03-29-2018, 07:44 AM
Then buy a quad lever and perch setup. The asv perch is way nicer then any stock cast one. I've had short and normal lenght and prefere normal lenght.

brandonlowe2
03-29-2018, 07:45 AM
What if I want to retain the factory look with the oem control on the left hand side and run asv levers?

Then do what I’m gonna do... I’ll try to hurry up and finish

brandonlowe2
03-29-2018, 07:47 AM
Oh that’s you hahaha

brandonlowe2
03-29-2018, 11:02 AM

I tried moving the controls to the middle... made the Tri-Z look really stupid. Can you post a picture of how you did it? I think I have a plan to make it work, but if you already have it figured out I would love to see so I don't waste time re-inventing the wheel if there is a known fix.

HEAD09
03-29-2018, 11:40 AM
Pro taper on a banshee 251328

oldskool83
03-29-2018, 12:07 PM
Shorts shown since I ran a dirt bike kill switch and no light on red bike. Longer ones shown on white bike. To run the run stop light switch in the middle of the bars I too an extra set of triple tree handle bar clamps milled them turned them upside down and gave myself a nice 1" rise plus clearance to put the run stop box. You could also run a short lever and perch then then move the run stop box next to the clutch perch if you bars and long enough. I normal cut mine down 1" per side and run pro-taper CR HI 7/8's I ran all the same ASV sets ups for YZ85, why did i chose these...I liked the feel and they were a good bit cheaper then say a trx450r. If running them just make sure to put some type of bar end on the bars so you grips don't turn to junk from a spill...cuz you always spill at some point.

brandonlowe2
03-29-2018, 04:10 PM
OH, you are talking about actually the middle... I thought you meant the middle of the bar (like putting it just the other side of the perch) That doesn't look bad at all I like that