PDA

View Full Version : 250 biig red to 300 engine swap

dustrunner
02-10-2018, 06:32 PM
Thinking about doing a swap. What are the advantages of the 300 engine ? Also what needs to be changed or swapped ?

dustrunner
02-11-2018, 11:19 PM
Guess I wont be building one of these...jeez , whats happened to this site...

Rob Canadian
02-12-2018, 12:28 AM

IMO. More info is needed. You are not giving much info to go on.

fabiodriven
02-12-2018, 02:48 AM

Go build your bike or don't, we ain't gonna do it for you hunny.

If memory serves me, there's been at least one thread on this and it's not a direct bolt in. Try searching the forum first. I could find the thread for you but I'm not going to. I'd just be guessing but the 300 is likely no more than 5 hp over the 250. Now go get yourself a tissue.

Footy
02-12-2018, 08:10 AM
There is not much HP increase. I do know that the regulator rectifier and a few other electrical components are different. I suppose if you had a wrecked 300 and all of the parts were on it you could make it work with enough time. My experience has seen that the rear end gears will fail before the engines on either the 250 or 300. I would say that is why this has not been done much. I have seen the rear end components swapped out between the 2.

kevin
02-12-2018, 09:36 AM
Angle drive has to be changed over aswell

dustrunner
02-12-2018, 08:37 PM
Go build your bike or don't, we ain't gonna do it for you hunny.

If memory serves me, there's been at least one thread on this and it's not a direct bolt in. Try searching the forum first. I could find the thread for you but I'm not going to. I'd just be guessing but the 300 is likely no more than 5 hp over the 250. Now go get yourself a tissue.

Didn't your momma tell you ( If you don't have something nice to say , don't say anything at all ) No tissue needed, what a jerk. !

350for350
02-12-2018, 10:09 PM
No idea how much, but I'd think that you would get a decent gain in torque too.

muthey
02-12-2018, 11:04 PM
do you already have a 300 motor to start the build? I have one sitting needs timing chain and a flywheel as the type honda used in that motor eventually die from the heat of the oil

sledcrazyinCT
02-12-2018, 11:31 PM

Does facebook give you instant gratification? Jeez what happened to letting a thread simmer a couple days before dissing a free resource with stuff you could look up yourself before even commenting....you just asked and got frustrated after a day of no replies....Maybe the seller of this kit will chime in

dustrunner
02-13-2018, 05:40 PM
No , I have nothing . was thiking about building one but with minimal benefit's I will build something worth value.

dustrunner
02-13-2018, 05:49 PM

Does facebook give you instant gratification? Jeez what happened to letting a thread simmer a couple days before dissing a free resource with stuff you could look up yourself before even commenting....you just asked and got frustrated after a day of no replies....Maybe the seller of this kit will chime in

Just seem's ( to me ) thing's are pretty slow around here... And I asked a question about a build , that if I had done I would love to share the highs and lows with members thinking about a similar build. Seems like a certain few are waiting to Pounce on fellow " brothers " ...

fabiodriven
02-13-2018, 05:57 PM
Things are slow because internet forums are a dying platform, not because of the people who frequent this place as guys like you and Mosh like to infer. You asked a question without even searching first, then you you dumped on us because we didn't search for you, something you should have done on your own right off the bat. You don't like the forum? Don't use it, but you're not going to come on here and put us down for not doing your homework for you.

Dan-k
02-13-2018, 06:14 PM
Things are slow because internet forums are a dying platform, not because of the people who frequent this place as guys like you and Mosh like to infer. You asked a question without even searching first, then you you dumped on us because we didn't search for you, something you should have done on your own right off the bat. You don't like the forum? Don't use it, but you're not going to come on here and put us down for not doing your homework for you.
I thought that this place was for help? Don’t feel bad dustrunner I ask questions all the time and get nothing it’s a good thing I do t have to pay a monthly due like other forums or I would won’t a refund

fabiodriven
02-13-2018, 06:33 PM
Nobody's forcing anyone to be on this forum. If you think nobody helps anyone on here your perspective might be a bit off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan-k
02-13-2018, 06:42 PM
Ya gots an attitude ..........and you don`t make any sense........goo goo..... gaga gaga ........what did you say ?

I’m sure it didn’t make any sense to you.

dustrunner
02-13-2018, 10:02 PM

1ST OF ALL I DID A SEARCH, NOT FINDING WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR I ASKED A SIMPLE ?...Secondly I didn't dump the site , 3rd... Who gave you the rite to police it ? If you want to get nasty , bring it on ......if not , fine... a while back some were bashing Mickey... where is the respect we used to have on here .....

Dan-k
02-13-2018, 10:21 PM
They let pieces of trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro like glammy on here that have nothing to do with their life except eat and type nonsense on his mom computer

Dan-k
02-13-2018, 10:25 PM
Actually your doing yourself a favor............the site is being over run with whiny little mama`s boy`s like you !
Speak of the devil glammy girl I see your at it again why are you here again what purpose do you serve? I still haven’t seen one useful post from you
Did you ever find out why carbs dump fuel???? Lmao

Rob Canadian
02-13-2018, 10:33 PM
No , I have nothing . was thiking about building one but with minimal benefit's I will build something worth value.

As you had nothing as a start. Why would you want more power out of a BR? Not knocking you at all. Just seems like a weird build. What 300 engine were you thinking? Would it have high/low also?

dustrunner
02-13-2018, 10:45 PM
I have seen a few trx 300 for cheap recently, so why not give the es a boost... who doesn't like or want "more power"

dustrunner
02-13-2018, 10:50 PM
Actually your doing yourself a favor............the site is being over run with whiny little mama`s boy`s like you ! Thanks for your imput ....Sound like your a class act....Or is it CLASS CLOWN OR JACK AZZ ? go eat you shoe lil wanna bee..

sledcrazyinCT
02-13-2018, 10:56 PM
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/173824-The-all-new-Big-Red-250es-250sx-350cc-big-bore-kits-are-in-stock?highlight=big+bore+250ES

not sure if you came accross this thread? If you got a decent 250 motor this could work for you

Rob Canadian
02-13-2018, 11:17 PM
I have seen a few trx 300 for cheap recently, so why not give the es a boost... who doesn't like or want "more power"

I hear you. LOL. Why not look into a 400? :p BR is still a workhorse ATC. Gearing is limited by the shaft drive. You can always put on smaller tires. Or Tyres.

fabiodriven
02-14-2018, 01:19 AM
3rd... Who gave you the rite to police it ? .....

William, the owner of the site. That's why under my name it says "Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers".

dustrunner
02-16-2018, 06:57 PM
Well then, Maybe it's time for a change..

fabiodriven
02-16-2018, 09:19 PM
Well then, Maybe it's time for a change..

Like I said, nobody's making you stay here.

dustrunner
02-16-2018, 11:51 PM
And nobody appreciates you bashing their threads.

fabiodriven
02-17-2018, 01:07 AM
Which brings us back to my original post. Grab another tissue.

dustrunner
02-17-2018, 02:29 PM
Must be you still hate your life and are trying to make others feel as you do.

fabiodriven
02-17-2018, 03:19 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180217/a576a0972bed320126bc06a816dec059.jpg