PDA

View Full Version : Time Sert by Wurth thread repair

Rob Canadian
02-02-2018, 06:49 PM
I did a search and did not come up with anything. I have used this in the past and works great. I have done some helicoil but the time sert takes the cake. I was talking with a local rep about this the other day. I have used Wurth stuff for over 30 years.

Thread Repair | Time Sert
Time Sert
The best thread repair system on the market! Solid steel, copper or stainless steel bushings allow permanent thread repair in most any surface with 4 easy steps.

1. Drill out old threads.

2. Counter bore hole.

3. Use Time-Sert tap to re-tap hole

4. Insert bushing into hole with Time-Sert Insertion tool.

The TIME-SERTŪ system is based on a solid steel bushing machined from a solid piece of material. The thin-walled bushing is press-fitted to the workpiece. Therefore, TIME-SERTŪ is able to withstand high continuous strains as well as frequent tightening and loosening of screws. The available bushings can be used with ISO, coarse-pitch, fine-pitch and unified threads.

TIME-SERTŪ can be used in aluminum, brass, steel or casting materials.

AMK
02-02-2018, 07:25 PM
Your link threw me an error.

Rob Canadian
02-02-2018, 07:40 PM
Your link threw me an error.

Sorry about that. Link worked in my preview. After posting I got the error too. Vids from Youtube blow. I will try and link a better one.

http://www.wurthusa.com/web/en/website/produkte_1/service___repair/thread_repair/time_sert.php

AMK
02-02-2018, 07:47 PM
Yep, that worked.

BarnBoy
02-08-2020, 08:52 PM
Hey Rob,

Do you know if this would work for a recessed hole? Such as a hole where a dowel pin goes, so the threads are @ 5/16" below the case surface?