PDA

View Full Version : Carb setup

smokinp
02-11-2004, 06:39 PM
I've got a 1983 honda atc200 and I am having with my carb...I bought a used carb that came off a running bike and now when its on mine it just revs sky high and i am not sure how to set the idle screw so it will calm down?Am i suppose to turn it all the way in and then out and see what setting is right or what?It is not running lean.

tririder
02-11-2004, 10:21 PM
Make sure that your slide is in right. I had the same problem with my tri-moto, and the slide was not in the notch, so it revved out of control at full throttle.

TRI-Zbrian
02-11-2004, 10:35 PM
also if you have a 185 slide on it it will do that i had the same prob back in the day when i axidently installed a 185s slide in a 200s carb. it reved up high as soon as i put the 200s slide in it it ran great.

slippy4
02-12-2004, 12:00 AM
Take your air boot off and look at the slide, The idle screw should only be in as far as you need it. back it all the way out (or untill the slide is all the way down) then start it up and adjust it untill you have the right idle. And you slide could be part of it too, does it fit tightly in there? Make sure you have it on the correct notches for the slide. needle clip might have to be set also.