PDA

View Full Version : 86 87 tecate peg mounts

TCTE
09-28-2017, 09:59 PM
Anybody here know where i could find the peg mounts for 2nd gen tecates? id like to find a set to reverse engineer and machine a set of new ones. Also would like to find the rocker arm for the rear unitrak link, was thinking of machining one of those out of aluminum.

Thanks!

christph
09-29-2017, 01:08 AM
Your best bet for finding peg mounts is ebay. I assume you mean the circular bracket that connects the frame with the peg? Regarding machining the Unitrak link out of aluminum, I think that's a bad idea. That link is subject to tremendous stresses. I suppose if you built it robust enough anything is possible. But compared to steel, aluminum much more prone to fatigue and cracking. If you were just going drag race, maybe, but that wouldn't be my metal of choice for trails or mx.

barnett468
09-29-2017, 01:49 AM

I might know where the mounts and a rocker is but they won't be cheap. Maybe around $120.00 for the rocker and no idea for the mounts yet.

Why do you want an aluminum rocker arm?

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON ON 3WW WITHOUT AN EDIT BUTTON OR A STAR

TCTE
09-29-2017, 09:22 AM

I might know where the mounts and a rocker is but they won't be cheap. Maybe around $120.00 for the rocker and no idea for the mounts yet.

Why do you want an aluminum rocker arm?

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON ON 3WW WITHOUT AN EDIT BUTTON OR A STAR

Ease of manufacturing is the only reason for the aluminum. I need a few of them and its cheaper for me to make them than try to round up oem ones. I'm confident that i can design an aluminum rocker that is up for the job.

Id also make some parts or pay someone to lend me these items for a week or so if anyone is interested.

barnett468
09-29-2017, 10:59 AM
ooooh...you used the words engineer, design, and machine.

Do we have access to a cnc machine?

Do we have access to a cad program?

If the answer to both of those questions is yes, you may have several new friends soon whether you want them or not. :lol:

You can definitely make an aluminum rocker that will last, and in fact I can give you some suggestions on how to do it if you want, but in reality, it won't weigh much, if any less, than than the original. I don't have cad and I'm getting too old and lazy to do finished drawings so it would just be something rudimentary but easy enough to understand if you have an engineering background.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON ON 3WW WITHOUT AN EDIT BUTTON OR A STAR :Bounce

oldskool83
09-30-2017, 02:39 PM
For what worn out stock costs buy a used set of ims rolls off any quad, weld threaded tabs to your frame and call it a day. 3" wide pegs and feet will never skip off. There is no reason atc pegs needed to flip up anyway. I do this to all my atvs now, and atcs.

barnett468
09-30-2017, 02:51 PM
For what worn out stock costs buy a used set of ims rolls off any quad, weld threaded tabs to your frame and call it a day. 3" wide pegs and feet will never skip off. There is no reason atc pegs needed to flip up anyway. I do this to all my atvs now, and atcs.

What is this?

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON ON 3WW WITHOUT AN EDIT BUTTON OR A STAR :Bounce

Maico
09-30-2017, 08:42 PM
Ease of manufacturing is the only reason for the aluminum. I need a few of them and its cheaper for me to make them than try to round up oem ones. I'm confident that i can design an aluminum rocker that is up for the job.

Id also make some parts or pay someone to lend me these items for a week or so if anyone is interested.

PM me. I have both left and right side complete pegs.

oldskool83
10-02-2017, 10:40 AM
These are ims roll design pegs...you can used sets for $100 all the time on eBay, strongest your gonna get and widest with kickups. I've cut a few days ups to install on bikes that they were not made for.