PDA

View Full Version : Bought my son an ATC

Bransharksfan
09-01-2017, 04:32 AM
So my son is turning 2. I've been searching for a 70 for along time now. Wanted a Christmas blue but everyone wants too much for them. The hardest part was finding one local.

bkvette3
09-01-2017, 06:10 AM
Looks nice - your son will enjoy.

Aulbaugh
09-01-2017, 06:43 AM
Very nice! I too have been looking for a bit for a decent 70 for my 3 year old son. Over this way they seem to be priced pretty high and like the next guy I'm looking for a good deal on something that won't break the bank. I would have thought you being in Cali(the Capital of 3 wheelers) that you would have multiple options to choose from and at a decent price. Enjoy your time riding!

jeswinehart
09-01-2017, 06:50 AM
Nice. Looking forward to seeing these kids grow up with thier trikes.
john

brandonlowe2
09-05-2017, 02:30 PM
very nice... he will love it!

Evan Hagenow
09-05-2017, 07:31 PM
He will love that ride. Some of the most fun on three wheels is had on 70s. They are extremely fun for kids and adult.

Tri-Z 250
09-06-2017, 10:41 AM
My son has been trike steady ripping since 3 on a 70 as well. He's 9 now and he hammers a YT60 like a mad dog on a rag doll. Cost wise finding them org/stock running good condition $400+ on the atc70's. Getting a roller for $100 or so works great for the China swap out. In the end you'll be near $800 after all the new plastic/tires and motor work. The Zinger's have all been junk buys for parts pricing. You need not over pay for welded hubs. It's the first thing you look at when buying(axles/hub wobble bent welded wheels).The heads/motors are about $135 for aftermarket replacement(not a Yamaha block) that work great. I gut the oil pump, and place a blockoff plate in place. Trash org carb and airbox run a 18mm with a pod on a Blaster cable. The rest of the YT is bullet proof for the most part. Axles, hubs, seats and plastic are the tuff items to get.
The debate on $ is bang for buck, and if condition weights heavy on mint stock, gonna pay for it. The resto rebuilds are sometimes cost effective but not often. Best of luck in finding what your looking for.