PDA

View Full Version : ATC70 - Swingarm and Forks

brandonlowe2
08-25-2017, 03:41 PM
I want to build a completely custom mini-trike. Either using an ATC70 and modifying it, or, buying all new components and building it / converting something. I have found several references to an "R55" frame, yet I see no mention of where this frame was (or hopefully still can be) obtained.

I have an '85 ATC70 now that I am on the fence about modifying. I might just restore it and drop a new motor in and leave it mostly stock. However, I have an Apollo 90cc Dirt Bike that my son refuses to ride... he says 3 wheelers are cooler and more fun, so I can't argue with him :-) So, I thought about possibly using swingarm and forks off of that. I also have a dead Polaris scrambler 50cc. Has a good swingarm, axle / wheels, and such.... thought about seeing if I can use parts of the 3 machines to make something custom.

But, I want to know about this R55 custom frame (or any other similar items) or about any other easy-to-obtain swingarms that will bolt up.

I am planning on buying everything else needed (110cc or 125cc E-Start Motor and all the other things to go along with it) from hondaatc70.com, but, they don't have anything in the way of suspension stuff.....

any help would be appreciated.

Mr. Clean
08-25-2017, 06:30 PM
R-55 frames are no longer being made. Rarely an A+ or even more rare a PK will pop up. Just the frame, forks and swingarm will run around $1500.

Search for A+ and PK suspension 70's on this site and your internet search engine of choice, lots of information out there.