PDA

View Full Version : Awful quiet around here lately

redsox
08-25-2017, 08:58 AM
It seems nobody has much to offer if there's not an argument involved. Remember why you're here.

https://youtu.be/TXncrmc4TU8

atc007
08-25-2017, 09:26 AM
IDK about anyone else,but I've got about as much on my plate as Trump...Those videos were a shot in the arm :)

Shep1970
08-25-2017, 09:27 AM
Hey fellow masshole, i agree it has been very quiet here. nice video, brings back memories.
On a side note my youngest (13) is going to the other side- he's been saving up for this http://ebay.to/2wDZ2lT
He wants something w/a steering wheel any opinions on it? Sure its probably right off the boat from china but with a little work it may be a good machine? (For trikefest next yr) well, gotta goto work so the govt can get there 15%

Shep

knappyfeet
08-25-2017, 10:31 AM
I don't ride 3 wheelers............they are not safe.

Didn't you watch 60 minutes?

https://youtu.be/H1I5DweHlnQ

Arky-X
08-25-2017, 10:51 AM
Ah, the memories!
These things were my life for about 10 years (12-22 years old.) Couldn't wait to get home from school to ride on the Honda 110. Then when we got an 85 Big Red, we started riding in the national forests every weekend but deer season (we still rode our ATCs but they became "hunting vehicles.") Friends began getting 3 or 4 wheelers and we would have 5-10 on group rides. Hell, we even had T-shirts made up. We were the "Terrain Tamers" (I know, sounds corny now but it was way cool then!)
Finally got the sport bug in my youth and got a 350X and all I wanted to do was ride, ride, ride. And back in the day, the ladies would ask, "Will you take me for a ride?" :naughty: I was happy to oblige.

Keep these 3 wheeled beasts alive ladies and gentlemen!

dman10
08-25-2017, 11:59 AM
I've noticed it's been quiet also. I think A. Is all fighting everytime someone posts, and B. Everyone has gone to Facebook groups.

barnett468
08-25-2017, 12:48 PM
Awful quiet around here lately

Perhaps someone should start an oil thread. https://www.mustang.org.au/forum/Smileys/smilies/bolt.gif

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON ON 3WW WITHOUT AN EDIT BUTTON OR A STAR :Bounce

christph
08-25-2017, 02:16 PM
I noticed traffic is down on a lot of sites, this one, TRX250R, QuadracerHQ, KTMHQ, etc. You would think with 3-wheelers bringing more money these days, this site would be humming. I figure a lot of traffic has gone to various facebook sites, which is unfortunate. While facebook is more machine specific, the posts are typically thin and purely transactional. Sites like this (typically) have more substantive posts and serve as a useful archive for enthusiasts. Unfortunately, Airfoolers went down and all that knowledge was lost. I think our sector of the motorsports market is down too. Only Yamaha is offering a high performance 450, all the others have been discontinued. The side-by-sides have taken over--I bet their websites are humming.

BarnBoy
08-25-2017, 02:58 PM
I noticed traffic is down on a lot of sites, this one, TRX250R, QuadracerHQ, KTMHQ, etc. You would think with 3-wheelers bringing more money these days, this site would be humming. I figure a lot of traffic has gone to various facebook sites, which is unfortunate. While facebook is more machine specific, the posts are typically thin and purely transactional. Sites like this (typically) have more substantive posts and serve as a useful archive for enthusiasts. Unfortunately, Airfoolers went down and all that knowledge was lost. I think our sector of the motorsports market is down too. Only Yamaha is offering a high performance 450, all the others have been discontinued. The side-by-sides have taken over--I bet their websites are humming.

I agree. I have learned an awful lot on here. It really is a great resource.

shindig
08-25-2017, 03:23 PM
Everybody post up a pic of them doing a wheelie on their trike...

christph
08-25-2017, 03:35 PM
Get out of this thread and go work on you trikes. Take pictures. Post them up. Go to the new member and try to help someone. Make a How To post. Tell a friend to sign up. Share the website address on 3 wheeler pages. Be a part of the solution instead of complaining.

Good suggestions, but making observations is not "complaining." Myself and others have been doing many of the things you mentioned.

knappyfeet
08-25-2017, 03:49 PM
I've noticed it's been quiet also. I think A. Is all fighting everytime someone posts

It seems nobody has much to offer if there's not an argument involved.

I don't think that is the case.

Aside from the gentlemens disagreement between Fabio and Scoot over on the We The Sheeple thread.........the arguments have been minimal.

468 has been wanting to get out early so he's been on "good behavior". DOHC popped his head in quietly and popped back out. Mickey posts some nice classic picks and pops back out without instigating much. There seems to be a carburetor thread that may be a little whiney but I look at it as a warning to potential customers. There are some nice project threads going on. Some folks are giving parts away for free....paying it forward to the 3ww community.........heck Jesus is even in the house with his words and no one takes shots at that. It's been WAAAAAAAY more argumentative in the past than now.

It's back to school time and falls around the corner......that's all.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Stingray
08-25-2017, 04:16 PM
15% ?? Shep is that your state and local taxes?

Shep1970
08-25-2017, 05:00 PM
15% ?? Shep is that your state and local taxes?

I'm self employed so its what i take off my pay check for them,(fed+state) so taxtime i dont have to come up w/a bundle of money. my cash jobs maybe not so much:naughty:
Our property tax in this town i wont even get into $$ it drains me bigtime....

Shep

RIDE-RED 250r
08-25-2017, 05:06 PM
I still swing in here daily most of the time. Just don't have any trike projects going right now. Been busier than a hop-toad on a holiday lately with vehicle repairs, people handing me chainsaws and other small engine implements to fix/mod, kids in sports, and trying to go out in the boat a few more times before summer is gone. Oh and still have to finish getting winter wood in for my mom and myself...

As long as this page is still alive, I will remain a frequently visiting member. :) FB groups, yeah I'm in a few but I comment only rarely. Alot of drama in many of those groups and it's a real turn-off for me.

Ol Deuce
08-25-2017, 05:07 PM
It's still Summer guys are still trying to break there trikes LoL Repair season is just before Snow Season !!!! :Bounce:lol::lol: :crazy: :lock::lock:

Ol Deuce

bkm
08-25-2017, 07:20 PM
Forums are going by way of the Dodo Bird.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Kamnahrt
08-25-2017, 07:59 PM
It's still Summer guys are still trying to break there trikes LoL Repair season is just before Snow Season !!!! :Bounce:lol::lol: :crazy: :lock::lock:

Ol Deuce

Though I havent been on this site to know the norm, I would have to agree here. Seems like on the forums I frequent (motorsports and firearms) its always slow around this time of year, just the nature of the beast.

redsox
08-25-2017, 10:51 PM
wow,,,, threw a stone in the water and didn't expect the ripples..... shame on me.. i'll try and summarize the responses without quoting,, here goes,, in no particular order,,,, 1. its good to have DOHC back. 2. i don't like Facebook and not EVERYONE is on it. 7. i wasn't promoting arguments, i was just pointing out that many more people post when there is a beef as opposed to a regular 200m thread. 19. where the hell is mik6? 5. forums aren't dead, they're just more specific. C. Lets talk oil!!, C.2. where the hell is the NE ride? 2. El Cam, whats with the rats in your tree and the elephant in your garage? 361. Side x sides won't last,,, nobody LOVES them. 9. I only complain to my wife and Capt. Weezy,, on the forum i only accentuate the obvious,, for the benefit of the reader. 0. Fabio picks his nose and eats it. 542. Roostin' loves the late text. 3,278. Swatland LOVES quads!

redsox
08-25-2017, 10:54 PM
Glam gets his own mention

bkm
08-25-2017, 11:16 PM
I mentioned a few years ago that Facebook is killing the forums. Some agreed, some laughed and said Facebook had nothing to do with it. Those that said Facebook had nothing to do with it are now on Facebook instead of the forums. The site owner and several mods here are all over Facebook and rarely ever pop in here. It's a dying media in my opinion unfortunately. Any post older than three months is fawked by photobucket removing pictures or dead links everywhere.

redsox
08-26-2017, 09:16 AM
I mentioned a few years ago that Facebook is killing the forums. Some agreed, some laughed and said Facebook had nothing to do with it. Those that said Facebook had nothing to do with it are now on Facebook instead of the forums. The site owner and several mods here are all over Facebook and rarely ever pop in here. It's a dying media in my opinion unfortunately. Any post older than three months is fawked by photobucket removing pictures or dead links everywhere.

It is sad but true, my friend. You are 100% correct, as usual. But i'm not gonna go on there. I don't like it. So I'm stuck here, wallowing in my own spite. Its the choices we make.

Herboso
08-26-2017, 09:57 AM
The year I graduated! I remember those commercials. I grew up riding dirt bikes so was a bit closed minded to three wheelers. A friend of mine had a Big Red that year and I remember thinking it was cool he rode over to my house in the snow. Something I would not try on my dirt bike. 83 was also first year I ever rode a three wheeler (185s). I was pretty awkward on it being use to motorcycles and did not catch the bug at the time. Very glad I finally discovered three wheelers. I entertain the idea of getting a quad but not convinced or enthused. The main advantage I am seeing in a quad tho is just the extra stability especially when side-hilling. I not only use a three wheeler for recreation but also use as a utility vehicle on my property. My property is not flat and traversing along the hill is a little difficult. Really have to hang over the side. Fun machines tho and induce a lot of nostalgia. Broncos won BTW :-)

El Camexican
08-26-2017, 12:03 PM
Hey buddy!

The rats are still around. Had one fall right out of the tree and die a few months back, but can't take credit as it was poisoned and I didn't have any poison out at the time. The ones that do come around seem to prefer sharpening their teeth on the bark of my tree more so than the wires in my vehicles. That likely has more to do with changing the feeding schedule of my dogs and not having food out at night for them to hoard under my hoods.

Oil thread is coming up and I will be very disappointed if Barn's doesn't weigh in!

bkm
08-26-2017, 01:10 PM
It is sad but true, my friend. You are 100% correct, as usual. But i'm not gonna go on there. I don't like it. So I'm stuck here, wallowing in my own spite. Its the choices we make.I wish I never signed up. I'm just as much part of the problem as the next guy because the forums I frequented started gravitating towards Facebook and I followed like a lemming. I've tried buying parts for my car and jetski using forums lately and have had zero luck with wanted ads. I go to Facebook and usually have what I need within the hour.

This is really the only forum I still post in and try avoid most conversations on Facebook. If I'm not looking for parts, Facebook is mostly useless and the downfall of western civilization, so I'll be a forum guy till they dry up and blow away.

Shawn Powell
08-26-2017, 02:08 PM
What this Facebook thing you guys talk about? I was thinking about searching for this site called Friendster someone told me about a few years back. But then again I don't really want any new friends so.....I'll just be in the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob Canadian
08-26-2017, 07:04 PM
FB and forums both have it's place. I like both for different reasons. I love forums for great info and the search function.

Back in 2007. FB and forums were doing great. Yes FB now has MANY different groups now and are very active... mostly with BS or someone that got a trike and does not know what it is worth...

We are a great community. Stats go up and down. 36,222 members here. Most online @ 1 time was back in 2015. 4,000+. (Must of been a oil question) LOL.

*someone woke up glamy* hehe

atc007
08-26-2017, 08:01 PM
Since you didn't ask .......i`m gonna tell you why i`m so crazy about this sport ........DUNE`S dude .........from the start i was freaked out about it.........all i could think about was getting back out to do it again ........2 seasons later i knew what i had to have `85 ATC 250R !.........got on the list in `84 ........in Oct. got the call $2,400 ........i had just purchased my first home ........wasn't really in the budget but i did it .........the weekends i`d ride Palm Ave. Chula Vista Ca. and practice ........met a few guys like Weixeldorfer ........but it was always wanting to get back to the Dunes ........stadium size bowls going 50mph sideways .......nice little jumps 5' of air with soft landings .......hill climbs with no paddles buzzin out 5G`s .......the night life ...lighting bottle rockets at Gordys in the Dunes like Commando .....gettin sh!t-housed on peppermint shnapps.........putting a new top-end on and watching her scream ! ........i might get too old for it .......but i will always love 3Wheeling and Duning till the the day i die ........you betcha !

Now,,,jump your ass back into character !!!! That was awesome Glamy. I would LOVE the dunes.. As close to snowmobiling as I can get on 3 or 4.

RIDE-RED 250r
08-27-2017, 07:24 PM
I wish I never signed up. I'm just as much part of the problem as the next guy because the forums I frequented started gravitating towards Facebook and I followed like a lemming. I've tried buying parts for my car and jetski using forums lately and have had zero luck with wanted ads. I go to Facebook and usually have what I need within the hour.

This is really the only forum I still post in and try avoid most conversations on Facebook. If I'm not looking for parts, Facebook is mostly useless and the downfall of western civilization, so I'll be a forum guy till they dry up and blow away.

Preach it my brother!!! :beer

I still very much prefer forums over FB.

86T3
08-27-2017, 11:25 PM
Yea, i hear that shady Swatland dude does love quads.

YamaBoss
08-28-2017, 11:08 AM
I know some of you won't agree, but as others have said Facebook has taken over. I'm not fighting for Facebook, but it's not hard to see why people choose Facebook over this. It's hard to keep a site going when you can't get new members to replace those who have left. The rules limit new members so much there is no incentive to be active. I'm sure many people create an account and then realize you can't use the best part of the site for two months, so they turn to facebook. No one who needs parts or help from experienced guys will wait two months to fix their trikes. Why post here and wait for an answer when Facebook you can have an answer within minutes. There has to be some other draw to this site other then "we have more information here then anywhere else" because currently I'm not sure anyone here can claim that. While there is plenty of stuff from the past archives here, everything new and modern is found on Facebook. Facebook is also a lot easier then forums when it comes to starting posts, posting pictures or videos as well. We're here running old school bel airs while the rest are running corvettes on Facebook. I always see people bashing Facebook for the drama that you can find there, but you look here and see it all the time too, it's just less frequent because there is less posts here. No matter where you go you will see drama, more active=more drama.

bkm
08-28-2017, 02:17 PM
I've said before the probation period is counterproductive to attracting new members. They claim it's to weed out the shenanigans, but I've never been a member of another forum that does it. There may be others out there, but I'm not aware of one. Shenanigans are weeded out by moderation imo.

thornton
08-28-2017, 04:41 PM
this is one of my favorite sights. pretty sure ive been a member since 2001 give or take. i check this site quite a bit, ive never been on facebook and dont have plans to do so. so hopefully 3wheeler world sticks around for years to come

Louis Mielke
08-29-2017, 12:34 AM
You want to know a sliver of truth regarding Facebook and forums? 99% of the time people use their real names and pictures of themselves on Facebook. It forces them to present their best face at all times, and its easier to avoid people that you don't want to associate with.

On Facebook your audience typically includes people you deal with locally and family. Kinda have to check the asinine behavior at the door when you can encounter part of your audience on a daily basis.

And as far as Billy and the mods, Facebook represents everything we've loved about this forum (hint it's community and friendship based around three wheelers) without the constant work and hassle and chasing our tails keeping up with the nonsense that anonymity of a forum generates.

When people use a handle and can hide behind an avatar it seems to bring out the worst in them. Facebook actually keeps people in check as unbelievable as that sounds.

Sad but true.

83ATC185
08-29-2017, 08:06 AM
Hi, I'm Jacob, and I'm a trikeaholic.

Personally i just think it's because it's prime riding weather :D

bkm
08-29-2017, 08:46 AM
You want to know a sliver of truth regarding Facebook and forums? 99% of the time people use their real names and pictures of themselves on Facebook. It forces them to present their best face at all times, and its easier to avoid people that you don't want to associate with.

On Facebook your audience typically includes people you deal with locally and family. Kinda have to check the asinine behavior at the door when you can encounter part of your audience on a daily basis.

And as far as Billy and the mods, Facebook represents everything we've loved about this forum (hint it's community and friendship based around three wheelers) without the constant work and hassle and chasing our tails keeping up with the nonsense that anonymity of a forum generates.

When people use a handle and can hide behind an avatar it seems to bring out the worst in them. Facebook actually keeps people in check as unbelievable as that sounds.

Sad but true.I find exactly the opposite to exist regarding presenting your best and checking asinine behavior on Facebook. There is structure and organization on forums that simply doesn’t exist on Facebook. It's "next shiny object mentality" over there.

Any question asked usually gets three wrong answers for every right one. It's honestly a dang train wreck. I had a guy arguing with me about 86 250r triples being wider than the 85, and that was in the same thread where half a dozen people said the 85 250r was a 5 speed. Yes, those same things happen here, but usually on a much smaller scale.

Unless you are on your own personal page sharing something with mutually exclusive friends, there is nothing checked at the door.

As far as the whole anonymity thing, I have a pretty good idea who almost everyone is here. I've become good friends with lots of guys here due to this site. I've never become "real" friends with some random dude on a Facebook page.

El Camexican
08-29-2017, 08:52 AM

Sad but true.

Sounds right, but there are also people on here who think their real names should get them Star treatment and respect from others regardless of their behavior.

It is riding season as was mentioned and FB is a social vacuum until the next bigger better thing comes along. Even if this site dies tomorrow I'll still have enough phone numbers and emails of trike friends to get in contact with most anyone I would want to from this site and that is more than I could have ever hoped for when I joined this site.

yaegerb
08-29-2017, 08:54 AM
I find exactly the opposite to exist regarding presenting your best and checking asinine behavior on Facebook. There is structure and organization on forums that simply doesn’t exist on Facebook. It's "next shiny object mentality" over there.

Any question asked usually gets three wrong answers for every right one. It's honestly a dang train wreck. I had a guy arguing with me about 86 250r triples being wider than the 85, and that was in the same thread where half a dozen people said the 85 250r was a 5 speed. Yes, those same things happen here, but usually on a much smaller scale.

Unless you are on your own personal page sharing something with mutually exclusive friends, there is nothing checked at the door.

As far as the whole anonymity thing, I have a pretty good idea who almost everyone is here. I've become good friends with lots of guys here due to this site. I've never become "real" friends with some random dude on a Facebook page.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I frequent both, but the amount of talking out of one's arsehole on Facebook is rampant. The knowledge cached on this site is of higher quality and greater quantity. They'll be dragging me outta here.

bkm
08-29-2017, 09:05 AM
If you stay off all sub groups or pages on Facebook, add only closest friends and family, then regulate what content of theirs you want to see, yes, then a lot of drama can be avoided. But, since this discussion is related to trikes, I bet most of anyone's close trike friends were made right here on this forum.

I'm going to stop taking the long way around the barn and just say it. If Billy and the mods are tired of this, why not give it up to someone who will continue to try and make it successfull again? It's obvious that all the old guard don't want to be bothered by the forum and prefer Facebook.

atc007
08-29-2017, 10:30 AM
I love this place,for better for worse. I 100% get where Louis is coming from. If I had been a mod,I would be burnt out also. But having said that. This place offers what nowhere else can. Knowledge,and basically a pretty good atmosphere. To anyone that can stand the crap on the FB 3 wheel pages. Good for you. While I am all in on new blood coming in and learning. Watching their ignorance,and then arguing about how they are right is more than I care to see. I will never get to TF,but I have made some great friends here,and I really value that. It has provided me with opportunities I never would have dreamed honestly. I truly really care for a lot of guys here,and have got the chance to find some nuggets that otherwise would have been a long search. Long live 3 WW !!!!

Mosh
08-29-2017, 12:45 PM
I`ll never forget .........in 2011 at the invasion Ninja and i were telling some raunchy jokes.........Louis looks over at Billy and says inappropriate .......inappropriate ! .......like trying to moderate in real time .......i`m all gtfo of here......like some kind of control freak ......him and Mosh .....you can`t say this and don`t do that .......stay on facefack so can control your friends ...... I have been 6 months removed from this site and yet you still want to lame blame on me..Moron...
I know this will be hard for your feeble stoned weak trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro brain to comprehend, but I was enlisted to be a mod and a "control freak, Nazi" whatever you whatever you want to spout, ON THIS SITE TO ENFORCE THE SITE RULES..At the time, those rules were relatively tight enough that a lot of good people enjoyed coming here as they knew it was civil enough to participate. For whatever reason, those rules and enforcement of those rules were met with resistance, and became less enforced..IDGAF why, who, or how...But I find it Ironic as rules have subsided, so has membership activity.. You can blame it on me FB, Louis Billy whatever or whoever you want....After a while, you start running out of excuses to point your finger at..People associate with those they care to associate with and avoid the idiots.. Do the math
There are those that have started 3-4 different accounts Over and over to circumvent bans..That trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro never was tolerated....
And Even so, out of all the hatred for me, The ball kicking wars I have Had with the site owner straight up telling each other to go get fooked.....I have never had a legitimate ban....Now it is the mob rules...

But hear this....While I was a straight up prick and had very little tolerance for it during my time here, and dealt with so accordingly when I was a mod...I never...NEVER..NEVER tried to moderate anyone's behavior off this website so you can eat that trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro...

El Camexican
08-29-2017, 01:20 PM
I have been 6 months removed from this site

Wondered when you pop back up :welcome: How about those Indians? I'm pumped!!! :Bounce

barnett468
08-29-2017, 02:09 PM

This site got screwed up when egos started running it. It turns people off when mods are snarky and play favorites.

Are you implying that the "moderators" here have a double standard which they use to determine who they want to ban? If that's what you are saying it is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of (or read). https://www.mustang.org.au/forum/Smileys/smilies/hysterical.gif

Sounds like Louis has no faith in this site anymore. Sounds like he's pretty much telling us that most of the mods here couldn't care less about the forum anymore.

Yes, one of louis's previous posts basically suggesting that he was taking his ball and going home, and billys post saying he was done banging his head against the wall trying to control the people here so he was just going to let them do whatever the f_k they want, clearly proves that they don't really care any more, but the fact is that they really didn't care much in the first place, otherwise they would have punished the people that were initiating trouble. It really is that simple. https://www.mustang.org.au/forum/Smileys/smilies/thumbsup.gif

FACT - One problem that exists with many forums is that the "moderators" become friends with with some of the people on the forum, and even when these people INITIATE trouble (this means they started the trouble in some manner) on the forum, the "moderators" refuse to punish them because they don't want to damage the friendship they have established because that friendship is more important to them then the site as a whole, therefore, instead of punishing the person that initiated the trouble, they even often punish the person whom their friends were attacking if that person replies to their friends with something the "moderators" don't like, yet those moderators and their friends are the ones that refute that fact the most. :wondering

Notice that I only used one period in the sentence above. This is because I was previously told by a "moderator" here something to the effect that I should think of periods as being precious so I should use them as sparingly as possible...or maybe they said that about words. Anyway, this DOUBLE STANDARD (that definitely does not exist here) is a great disservice to a forum and the people on it and to any sponsors that pay to place ads on it etc. I am just grateful for how the "moderators" here treat everyone exactly the same and "judge" everyone with the same yardstick, and I am confident they would use the same sound reasoning and impartial, objective, even handed justice were they to ever serve on a jury where something far more substantial is on the line than there is on an internet forum.
https://www.mustang.org.au/forum/Smileys/smilies/thud.gif

You wanna know why a business is FAILING, look no further than the management.

Yes, and unfortunately, the word "manager" and "competent" are not always synonymous.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON ON 3WW WITHOUT AN EDIT BUTTON OR A STAR :lol:

knappyfeet
08-29-2017, 04:28 PM
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u105/knappyfeet/20150622_173232_zpsskvcyl4s.jpg~original (http://s166.photobucket.com/user/knappyfeet/media/20150622_173232_zpsskvcyl4s.jpg.html)

200x vs. 200x

Louis Mielke
08-29-2017, 04:51 PM
Are you sure that was me cause I honestly don't remember that at all? And honestly I couldn't pick you out of a lineup if i had to. Some context would help too. If there were kids standing right there then yeah I might have said something but I don't typically do that to people.

Unless I was joking? Sorry man but I really don't remember that at all (and I don't drink so I wasn't inebriated)

I`ll never forget .........in 2011 at the invasion Ninja and i were telling some raunchy jokes.........Louis looks over at Billy and says inappropriate .......inappropriate ! .......like trying to moderate in real time .......i`m all gtfo of here......like some kind of control freak ......him and Mosh .....you can`t say this and don`t do that .......stay on facefack so can control your friends ......

Louis Mielke
08-29-2017, 04:54 PM
I don't typically do that either Mosh. I don't recall what glammy is talking about at all. If i said anything I doubt I was trying to control what he said. Feel like this is being twisted a bit.

But hear this....While I was a straight up prick and had very little tolerance for it during my time here, and dealt with so accordingly when I was a mod...I never...NEVER..NEVER tried to moderate anyone's behavior off this website so you can eat that trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro...

Louis Mielke
08-29-2017, 05:06 PM
I tried to keep the peace. I didn't moderate people for disagreements. I moderated people for not being respectful of other people. THOSE ARE FACTS. But yeah, I've lost plenty of faith in this site. Your attitude is a great example why. Reminds me why I don't come here often anymore. 90% of the active posters are toxic people who have nothing better to do than be toxic.

Sounds like Louis has no faith in this site anymore. Sounds like he's pretty much telling us that most of the mods here couldn't care less about the forum anymore. At least that's what it sounds like? Maybe it was unintentional.

This site got screwed up when egos started running it. It turns people off when mods are snarky and play favorites. And Louis kept trying to make it into a unicorn rainbow land where nobody is allowed to disagree with anyone he liked. Those are facts. Then allowing a thief and his minion to run amok here far after it was evident what was happening, yea that turns people off too. Then you consistently ban people with large amounts of experience and knowledge based on assumptions and reports from said thief and minion.

You wanna know why a business is FAILING, look no further than the management.

Arky-X
08-29-2017, 06:16 PM
Awful quiet around here lately

Well, it ain't quiet anymore!

barnett468
08-29-2017, 06:17 PM
I moderated people for not being respectful of other people. THOSE ARE FACTS.

Those are clearly not the "facts" as you wrongly and in bold type proclaim, as if the bold type adds an air of truth and credibility to your grossly inaccurate statement. This is proven by the countless unwarranted and rude and disrespectful posts etc people have made on this site that you were clearly aware of long before you made that post complaining about how bad the site had gotten and that there was nothing you could do about it, however, I won't bore people by copying and pasting several examples of them, because in my opinion, it wouldn't serve any useful purpose and would most likely disturb the peace that has been here lately, which I for one have no desire to do. I can also tell you that there will most likely be no benefit for you to reply to this post, therefore, it might be best not to, however, unlike some others here, you are obviously free to post whatever you want on this site irregardless of how inaccurate it might be.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON ON 3WW WITHOUT AN EDIT BUTTON OR A STAR https://www.mustang.org.au/forum/Smileys/smilies/hysterical.gif

Billy Golightly
08-29-2017, 07:08 PM

Pretty much. I get to moderate who I spend my time conversing with and who I receive information from, much more precisely with Facebook, so I have been spending more time there lately than here.

Facebook will never equal the amount of hardcore detailed in depth and thorough information and walk throughs that has been documented here (Because its gone in 15 minutes over there, lost in a sea of other things). But it's easier. Can pick and choose your peeps a lot more closely. And I can avoid the bitching and moaning. (no offense intended, not directed at many people in general, ha...)

First time I've been on the site in several weeks. Maybe longer.

I don't plan to let the site go anywhere. I'm still pulling levers and running things on the back end. Still interacting with lots of folks, just not here oftenly. But the later parts of this thread are a good reason why I don't spend as much time here any more. A lot of trolling by people that have nothing better to do with their time. Banning accounts doesn't work the same way on the internet now as it did 10 or 15 years ago. IP addresses, usernames, and email accounts are a dime a dozen. Love all ya'll that know who you are and made lots of friends, but point of diminishing returns to me for time investment. I don't have the time or interest to compete against a half dozen or more people that got nothing better to do than be dicks, and get their personal jollies off by stirring the pot. Who would be? DOHC has been banned for violating rules, and for signing up with duplicate accounts a half dozen or more times. No, I'm not sitting here clicking refresh all day long just waiting to find one and nuke it...I'm sorry.

I like to build things, and watch other people build things. Learn why they did something the way they did, what their motivation was for doing it, and learn what their inspirations are. These are the things I like and appreciate. I'm on Instagram a lot for that reason also. Site doesn't seem to be primarily focused on people sharing information and ideas anymore. Its a dick swinging contest and who can be the most sarcastic. I don't find as much value in that as the former.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Rotax-250R-build/Exhaust/i-kLW5Cph/0/4ba69277/L/IMG_7177-1-L.jpg (https://wgolightly.smugmug.com/Rotax-250R-build/Exhaust/i-kLW5Cph/A)
https://photos.smugmug.com/Rotax-250R-build/2-Wheeler-250R/i-2DPvZXM/0/e5eb84a2/L/_CPB6224-L.jpg (https://wgolightly.smugmug.com/Rotax-250R-build/2-Wheeler-250R/i-2DPvZXM/A)
https://photos.smugmug.com/Rotax-250R-build/2-Wheeler-250R/i-TmhCDXH/0/e9137be0/L/20170514_155526-L.jpg (https://wgolightly.smugmug.com/Rotax-250R-build/2-Wheeler-250R/i-TmhCDXH/A)
https://photos.smugmug.com/Rotax-250R-build/2-Wheeler-250R/i-4zzLjS5/0/e2cbefb8/L/20170723_134847-L.jpg (https://wgolightly.smugmug.com/Rotax-250R-build/2-Wheeler-250R/i-4zzLjS5/A)

El Camexican
08-29-2017, 10:48 PM
Damon, WTF? Why the anger? Chill out man, it's a website and nobody made you join it. A couple of long time cyber foes just made peace of sorts on this thread and you're freaking out over it. I don't get it man.

I really like "The Dude" and I think many others do as well. Is it that hard to maintain that persona? Here's to peace on Earth :beer

jeswinehart
08-29-2017, 10:57 PM
Oh cool ! Feeling kinda pissy after my days events and decided to see what this posting is all about. Started at page 5 only too read "The Dude" post/bashing ~ perfect ! Just made my 38th. addition to my blocked, not very positive members. PERFECT ! What a great site !

john

El Camexican
08-29-2017, 10:58 PM
Maintain a persona? Wtf. Really.

I stand corrected. Once an azzhole, always an azzhole.

El Camexican
08-29-2017, 11:01 PM
Oh cool ! Feeling kinda pissy after my days events and decided to see what this posting is all about. Started at page 5 only too read "The Dude" post/bashing ~ perfect ! Just made my 38th. addition to my blocked, not very positive members. PERFECT ! What a great site !

john

Wow! The really went in there. Lucky me to score a tank before you got cut. When can you "officially" ride?

El Camexican
08-29-2017, 11:04 PM
Nothing will be right until barnett gets his edit button back. That's seriously where this all started. Everyone kissing Mickey's azz and dragging Mike through the mud for literally years. Now you all know who he is. And Milner.

Just a couple personas.

On that topic, when will that website of yours be up and running? Maybe kick it off with a free edit button for the first 10,000 members?

BTW, Barnett's been a good boy in your absence. Seems to play well with others when you're not around. Amazing how fast old wounds can heal if no one is picking at the scabs.

El Camexican
08-29-2017, 11:15 PM
It's been up for 7 months and it's doing better than I could have ever expected, thanks for asking!

Don't be shy, post a link.

jeswinehart
08-29-2017, 11:31 PM
Wow! The really went in there. Lucky me to score a tank before you got cut. When can you "officially" ride?

Yeah, today was the first I'd seen the work reattaching my thumb tendon Nico !
The pissy feeling kicked in when I seen the rehab gal. Thought I would be free of the highly restrictive wrap ~ no, she wrapped me up with a "splint". More like a half cast ! Gave me all kinda don't and absolute nots,,, contrary to what surgeon said when he inspected his work. Got home, bored to tears,,,, screw her. She is a distant 3rd. in this race imo.
Gots my own thereby going on + readying myself for my October 6th annual birthday ride with a whole bunch of great 3ww board members in Baldwin, Michigan.
Actually never undid straps from the recent upper Michigan peninsula trip :)

El Camexican
08-29-2017, 11:32 PM
Yes I'm shy. As evidenced by my complete name and address above.

So why not put up a link? Worse case scenario you have to ban a bunch of unruly posters, or confiscate a few edit buttons.

El Camexican
08-29-2017, 11:37 PM
Yeah, today was the first I'd seen the work reattaching my thumb tendon Nico !
The pissy feeling kicked in when I seen the rehab gal. Thought I would be free of the highly restrictive wrap ~ no, she wrapped me up with a "splint". More like a half cast ! Gave me all kinda don't and absolute nots,,, contrary to what surgeon said when he inspected his work. Got home, bored to tears,,,, screw her. She is a distant 3rd. in this race imo.
Gots my own thereby going on + readying myself for my October 6th annual birthday

Cool, your BD is one day off from my Wife's. Now if I can just remember it falls the day after yours I might not forget it again!

Follow the doctor's orders, I'm sporting a few permanent defects thanks to thinking I knew better. Hope your back to being "all thumbs" soon;)

Bren_downe
08-30-2017, 04:36 AM
"You're not wrong Walter, you're just an azzhole"

Billy Golightly
08-30-2017, 06:38 AM
Damon Gifford
1402 1st Avenue
Kearney Nebraska
Age 37
Never Married
Mixed Race
No Children
The ONE and ONLY DohcBikes.
Anything else? Are we getting to know each other yet?

I know the names and addresses of at least 75 people on this forum. We all sell and buy. It's not even close to anonymous. This thread is ridiculous. Shut er down Louis, I know you know how.

You insist on being somewhere you're not wanted and trying to become some sort of authority. Its interesting how hard you strive for that. You were banned from dotheton also but probably made a bunch of other accounts to circumvent it as you have here. Why bother being some place you're hated?

bkm
08-30-2017, 08:54 AM
..................https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170830/5b7cb1e13027633b591294e5e333d801.jpg

Billy Golightly
08-30-2017, 09:27 AM
Haha. Let's see a show of hands then? 3 or 4 maybe?

Billy Golightly
08-30-2017, 09:38 AM
There isn't anything to control other than I don't want you here. You're a suck on the creativity and enjoyment of the forum for myself and many people - but the tools do not exist to permanently keep you away from it. Go make your own forum and do your own thing with all your folks that like you and your company. I have no use for it, that's for sure.

Jd110
08-30-2017, 10:00 AM
Pretty much. I get to moderate who I spend my time conversing with and who I receive information from, much more precisely with Facebook, so I have been spending more time there lately than here.

Facebook will never equal the amount of hardcore detailed in depth and thorough information and walk throughs that has been documented here (Because its gone in 15 minutes over there, lost in a sea of other things). But it's easier. Can pick and choose your peeps a lot more closely. And I can avoid the bitching and moaning. (no offense intended, not directed at many people in general, ha...)

First time I've been on the site in several weeks. Maybe longer.

I don't plan to let the site go anywhere. I'm still pulling levers and running things on the back end. Still interacting with lots of folks, just not here oftenly. But the later parts of this thread are a good reason why I don't spend as much time here any more. A lot of trolling by people that have nothing better to do with their time. Banning accounts doesn't work the same way on the internet now as it did 10 or 15 years ago. IP addresses, usernames, and email accounts are a dime a dozen. Love all ya'll that know who you are and made lots of friends, but point of diminishing returns to me for time investment. I don't have the time or interest to compete against a half dozen or more people that got nothing better to do than be dicks, and get their personal jollies off by stirring the pot. Who would be? DOHC has been banned for violating rules, and for signing up with duplicate accounts a half dozen or more times. No, I'm not sitting here clicking refresh all day long just waiting to find one and nuke it...I'm sorry.

I like to build things, and watch other people build things. Learn why they did something the way they did, what their motivation was for doing it, and learn what their inspirations are. These are the things I like and appreciate. I'm on Instagram a lot for that reason also. Site doesn't seem to be primarily focused on people sharing information and ideas anymore. Its a dick swinging contest and who can be the most sarcastic. I don't find as much value in that as the former.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Rotax-250R-build/Exhaust/i-kLW5Cph/0/4ba69277/L/IMG_7177-1-L.jpg (https://wgolightly.smugmug.com/Rotax-250R-build/Exhaust/i-kLW5Cph/A)
https://photos.smugmug.com/Rotax-250R-build/2-Wheeler-250R/i-2DPvZXM/0/e5eb84a2/L/_CPB6224-L.jpg (https://wgolightly.smugmug.com/Rotax-250R-build/2-Wheeler-250R/i-2DPvZXM/A)
https://photos.smugmug.com/Rotax-250R-build/2-Wheeler-250R/i-TmhCDXH/0/e9137be0/L/20170514_155526-L.jpg (https://wgolightly.smugmug.com/Rotax-250R-build/2-Wheeler-250R/i-TmhCDXH/A)
https://photos.smugmug.com/Rotax-250R-build/2-Wheeler-250R/i-4zzLjS5/0/e2cbefb8/L/20170723_134847-L.jpg (https://wgolightly.smugmug.com/Rotax-250R-build/2-Wheeler-250R/i-4zzLjS5/A)

Great photos!!! I see a lot of respect there. Just awesome [emoji106]

El Camexican
08-30-2017, 10:09 AM
3 or 4 is not even close Billy. That shows how disconnected you really are.

So more like 1 or 2?

Bren_downe
08-30-2017, 10:21 AM
Nobody seemed to have a problem with "The Dude" before this thread. In fact I saw him offering lots of helpful advice. If you separate the "dick swinging thread" from the regular every day "200s thread," he's been a very helpful contributer.

El Camexican
08-30-2017, 10:51 AM
Before my profile was banned I was 3rd on the list for all time likes received, 4th for thanks received, in the entire history of this site.

And still no bronze statue? That just ain't right.

Please post a link of that website of yours

El Camexican
08-30-2017, 11:00 AM
^I would have bet any amount of money that you'd be the first to try to bury any compliments directed towards me.

Maybe that's because you're the only one on this site that blows kisses into the mirror every morning when he wakes up and again before he goes to bed.

BTW, it's not a "complement" when you make it about yourself. That's called "bragging" and when you have to do it about something as meaningless as "likes" on a three wheeler forum it's called "pathetic".

So how about that website link, or did you just make that up to sound important?

El Camexican
08-30-2017, 11:08 AM
Nice use of that edit button.

Website?

It's been up for 7 months and it's doing better than I could have ever expected, thanks for asking!

So either you are lying or

Billy Golightly
08-30-2017, 11:12 AM
Before my profile was banned I was 3rd on the list for all time likes received, 4th for thanks received, in the entire history of this site. Must have come from all the people that hated me. Either that or you see what you want to see and ignore the truth. Which could it be? How come Billy's post saying everyone hates me isn't racking up the likes? It should be overwhelming if everyone here hates me.

:lol:. Delusional. You post more than anyone else. That doesn't mean they're quality posts and surely doesn't indicate you're a quality member.

El Camexican
08-30-2017, 11:16 AM

Billy Golightly
08-30-2017, 11:19 AM
No actually there are tons of people that had exponentially more posts that weren't even on the list. So as much as you have a nearly impossible time admitting it, you're wrong.

Thank you Brendan.

And a few of those were members here and posting before the post thanks and likes were even installed here, and did it over the course of 10 years or more.

Keep on hamster wheeling. Can't reason with the unreasonable.

Billy Golightly
08-30-2017, 11:26 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and exit this thread and get back to helping people. You all can keep doing whatever it is you are doing here.

A few more steps on out the figurative door would be great.

El Camexican
08-30-2017, 11:42 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and exit this thread and get back to helping people. You all can keep doing whatever it is you are doing here.

Last chance to back up your website claim :)

Billy Golightly
08-30-2017, 11:46 AM
Nobody seemed to have a problem with "The Dude" before this thread. In fact I saw him offering lots of helpful advice. If you separate the "dick swinging thread" from the regular every day "200s thread," he's been a very helpful contributer.

Are you familiar with the Dohcbikes moniker, and a few of the others he has had and used, and the commentary that is typical from them?

Billy Golightly
08-30-2017, 11:54 AM
Yes he is. And you are now telling blatant lies because my typical interaction here is to help people.

Only after you go back and delete your tuorettes looking fits afterwards

fabiodriven
08-30-2017, 12:01 PM

Sad but true.

Louis my friend, just my opinion but I am absolutely 180 degrees on that. Facebook has it's uses, as I currently use it. Extremely sparingly, like I haven't been on in two weeks right now. It's convenient for many things, but I feel it is the regression of our species. I was at a bar three weeks ago with a friend. Aside from us there were maybe 10 other patrons. At one point I found myself being the only person in the entire establishment without my face in my phone, barkeep included. That's not by accident, that's mind control. This is a very common occurrence. Not only that, but much of the content I end up finding disturbing, but we all have a different threshold of what disturbs us. What I find disturbing many other people do not, so crap I don't want in my head gets crammed down my throat when it otherwise wouldn't have been a thought or taken up any capacity of my mind. Sound crazy?

You can sit there and scroll hours away looking at nothing, and also more than you want to see. People are noticeably becoming awful at face to face interactions. I got called a creep a few weeks ago by telling someone a story about how I approached a woman in person, face to face, to hit on her. These are the kinds of results Facebook has on society. If you personally don't like how this forum is you haven't done much about it. I don't recall you posting much at all on here for a very long time. Honestly that's not uncommon. The internet forum is a dying platform, plain and simple. That's the reason traffic is down and it's just that easy. It's not because Damon's running amok or somebody wrote a swear word past the farking word filter, it's because it's the illusion of progress, the flocking to Fakebook and other social media sites where there are videos and articles and every stupid farking shite thing your friends are doing all at once. It's overwhelming amount of bullshite in a tasty candy shell and people cannot get enough. I've shared on there from time to time obviously, but there is a lot I do not share on there. Sharing stuff can be cool for sure, but at times moments that might otherwise be considered "sacred" end up sullied from the impersonalization. Much of it is so, so, SO fake. People certainly do put their best foot forward on the Bookface for everyone to see, but many sacrifice their actual physical reality in favor of a fake online personality that doesn't really matter.

Mosh- Personally I never understood the rules we used to have that you were so proud to enforce, about swear words and such. This is the only forum I've ever been in that had that policy, and you guys loved to tout how you needed it "family friendly". There aren't a ton of kids on here and if they are, I guaran-farking-tee they've been swearing for a long time already. My friends and I swore not long after we learned to speak. Do you watch only PG movies Mosh? I mean gimme a farking break. What I know of you is a huge percentage of the time you come off as angry. Enjoy that.

William and Damon- You are both good friends of mine, and as such, I feel the need to say something. Damon is surely a very smart person, he may have even been tested at one time, however he seems to lose control at some point and then things get all mucked up. I know another guy who is very similar. It's likely both Damon and the other guy ;) lose control of their thoughts and emotions due to trauma. The other guy will see the shite beginning to hit the fan and remove himself, in real life, on the forum, in text messages... He will take himself out of contact with just about everyone if that's what has to happen. Damon is different. Damon wants to go out swinging for whatever reason.

William I can understand your frustration. One caution though, disregard if preferred... I just got finished saying how silly it was to omit certain "bad words" and suggestions from this forum, and I gather that shows I prefer free speech, which I do. It's not my place to tell you how you feel or anything like that, but that word is very strong. A lot of people on here like Damon whether they admit it or not. If there had been a poll for who liked "The Dude" I think he might have been the next RamsesRibb, but as soon as he says he's Damon everyone is done. And I can't blame them for thinking that because he comes off like a true arse at times, kind of like in this thread I feel. Basically it's a game. This isn't real life and you already know that. It's easy to dislike people on here and far easier to like people in person, as we all find out when we go to Haspin.

Billy Golightly
08-30-2017, 12:01 PM
So if I post something that I decide is inappropriate, it's wrong to delete it? My own posts? Control freak! Look man. You are wrong. At the end of the day, it is what it is. Omg, lol. I know right.

No because you like to run your mouth and then go back and edit and delete things and cry it's unfair. It's a good tactic for forum trolling, I'll give you that.

Billy Golightly
08-30-2017, 12:55 PM
Well that makes 2

Billy Golightly
08-30-2017, 01:40 PM
Looks like i m right on target. It's enough for you to start your own boy band.

Tri-Z 250
08-30-2017, 02:19 PM
Boys will be boys gramma always said, but you can curb the attitude with a good switch. I've never found in life where the most boisterous and loudest in a room ever come off looking the smartest. No matter how convicted the person may be with all the best intentions we can all offend someone at some point. Trouble makers in fun or not, love to stur the pot, in their own self interest. This place is a gathering of common ground people from all walks of life. Being positive as a lifestyle and projecting yourself outward from an inner goodness, takes effort. Lol sure glammy is poking fun with his pole but it's not from a positive inner self. Dude what can be said to curb your inner self. The need to be someone of stature around any group is always one of a personallity flaw in my opinion. If it's not ment from a good place it really doesn't belong and better kept to yourself as everyone has their own opinion and preseption of anyone's actions. Great people for the most part go unnoticed because they don't need a pat on the back or a group to back them. Goodness builds greatness and owning your mistakes is part of learning to come from an intuitive positive inner self. You can't go through life trying to win evey battle when really all your looking for is another battle. Sometimes in life I've owned up for the sake of moving on and getting past the issue. Which in hindsight was a mole hill spinning outta control. To be the Man you need to act like it, then people will respect your actions from a positive position.

knappyfeet
08-30-2017, 02:20 PM
Louis my friend, just my opinion but I am absolutely 180 degrees on that. Facebook has it's uses, as I currently use it. Extremely sparingly, like I haven't been on in two weeks right now. It's convenient for many things, but I feel it is the regression of our species. I was at a bar three weeks ago with a friend. Aside from us there were maybe 10 other patrons. At one point I found myself being the only person in the entire establishment without my face in my phone, barkeep included. That's not by accident, that's mind control. This is a very common occurrence. Not only that, but much of the content I end up finding disturbing, but we all have a different threshold of what disturbs us. What I find disturbing many other people do not, so crap I don't want in my head gets crammed down my throat when it otherwise wouldn't have been a thought or taken up any capacity of my mind. Sound crazy?

You can sit there and scroll hours away looking at nothing, and also more than you want to see. People are noticeably becoming awful at face to face interactions. I got called a creep a few weeks ago by telling someone a story about how I approached a woman in person, face to face, to hit on her.

I wish I could like this twice!!

Isn't it weird how taking your dick and smacking a Barbie doll in the face on periscope is just online stuff.......but going up to a girl and "hitting on her" is now a sex crime?

I'm too old and out of place in this new world!

Red Rider
08-30-2017, 03:00 PM
https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/250x250/48121625.jpg

x-rider
08-30-2017, 03:20 PM
Dude. I wouldn't have been inspired to do my liquid x motor swap if it weren't for Damon. My 200x would be rusting out, motor still in pieces. I didn't have the time so a simple motor swap it was. Thanks Dude.

Billy Golightly
08-30-2017, 03:34 PM
All 4 - who else, any more? That about it or we got a few stragglers?

Bren_downe
08-30-2017, 06:54 PM
Are you familiar with the Dohcbikes moniker, and a few of the others he has had and used, and the commentary that is typical from them?

I've visted this site almost daily for the past 5 years. I'm well aware of Dohc, dailygrind, JesseA420?(maybe).
We're not freinds, hell, I don't think we've even exchanged PM's.
The following are some observations;
I don't recall a time seeing Damon bash anyone for not knowing or asking a question.
He's generally very supportive in build threads.
He calls BS if he thinks he sees it.
He's always promoted helping new members.

Like I said, there were no issues with "the Dude" until he was Damon.

I saw him get banned for threatening to stand next to someone at trikefest.
I saw him get banned for daring someone to ban him. (He had that coming.)

Bren_downe
08-30-2017, 10:28 PM
Its cool to see some Rockland talent. I spend 6 nights a week here in Rockland. Nice videos!

El Camexican
08-31-2017, 09:27 AM

redsox
08-31-2017, 10:25 AM
Threeee wheelin', its my lucky day! Goin' threeeeeeee wheelin', come on out and play!