PDA

View Full Version : 350x carb to 250sx

85250sx
02-09-2004, 05:25 PM
I have heard that you can switch the 250sx carb with a 350x carb.
To change it I know you need to swap the jets but which ones? I know the main jet but what about the others.
And also how much better does it run? Is it alot faster? and does it affect anything alot with the way it runs?

bbechtel16
02-09-2004, 08:14 PM
Ummm....I think swapping the jets would defeat the whole purpose of the swap. All that extra air won't help if there's no fuel to go with it. I'm running a 350X carb with stock (as far as a I know) 350X jets on my moddified SX :twisted: and its runs miles better than it did with the SX carb. It's still not perfect though; I think it needs some needle adjustment. When I switched carbs I went from a barely noticeable clutch slip problem to an insane clutch slip problem. Then I adjusted my clutch and the pow'r of the 350X carb was unleashed to the rear wheels. :twisted:

ScottZJ
02-09-2004, 09:04 PM
Mine runs like crud with the 350x carb in, but that could be that we only changed out the main jet and nothing else. I think there are more differences in the carbs then most think. It would need a total rejetting and I am not sure it would run great or not. But I am about to find out..........peace