PDA

View Full Version : Tecate High revs at Start Up

smoknrv4
07-09-2017, 09:28 AM
What is causing this? It's a little unnerving because of the new rebuilt engine. I've put about 5-6 tanks of gas through now and it's jetted sweet but still has this high revving bs at start up. Anybody?
Thanks

fabiodriven
07-09-2017, 12:07 PM
It's lean, that's for sure. You're going to have to figure out why before you run it anymore as that is a good way to do a lot of damage. Could be many different things, but take a look at the intake boot and make sure it's not cracked or leaking anywhere. That's a start.

smoknrv4
07-09-2017, 01:07 PM
No leak at the intake, brand new and already checked all that. Also should mention it's only when it's cold, after that it starts fine the rest of the time.

jeswinehart
07-09-2017, 02:18 PM
Do you shut your fuel off at petcock when done riding,,,, perhaps burn a little out of carb after shutting off ?
It may be just a wee bit fuel starved on start up.

Shawn Powell
07-09-2017, 03:14 PM
My quadzilla used to blow base gaskets and do that. ( one of the MANY issues they had ) rev high cold warm up expand and seemingly run fine. Then blow up cause I was leaking air at load speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smoknrv4
07-10-2017, 09:02 AM
I'll recheck the torque on the cylinder base gasket. Also yes I shut off the fuel petcock all the time after running it.