PDA

View Full Version : Tri Moto 175

1ATC650X
07-07-2017, 09:37 PM
Ok guys I have a very nice 175 that I want to soup up. Would like to install manual clutch. Some say cases need split and some say not. Which is it? I also got a 79 IT175 cylinder and head but the transfer ports just overhang the case mounting surfaces. Looks like will only fit a IT bottom end. I found a brand new S&S exhaust for it and that helped already. Any help would be great. Already read all the existing Tri Moto threads. Thanks!

RubberSalt
07-18-2017, 10:36 AM
I went through the same story with the IT175 jug. it over hangs. I never did get a manual clutch for mine. I did pull out some weights from the clutch. This gave it a higher stall before engaging.

As for performance, I triple ported mine and built my own expansion chamber. I milled the head on a drill press and stuck a 30mm carb on it. I also force fitted a set of blaster reeds into it. This required a lot of grinding and making a reed spacer.

A blaster motor is almost a direct drop in. The main problem is the starting method. The blaster motor is a kick start only. I have see a set up that had a YT175 recoil starter retrofitted onto a blaster motor. The blaster motor has way more potential. 6 speed with manual clutch. The sing arm also bolts to the engine, allowing you to retrofit some rear suspension to handle the power.

1ATC650X
07-18-2017, 03:46 PM
Thanks RubberSalt, sent you a PM.

1ATC650X
07-29-2017, 08:14 AM
Ok so I put Boyesen reeds in, drilled 3 one inch holes in air box lid, S&S pipe, 200 Main jet, 45 pilot jet, and put a IT175 head on. Head bumped compression up 35 pounds alone. Was only making a little over 100 pounds to begin with. Tri Moto ran amazing. Tons more power everywhere! Went riding at a large atv park in Pa. and someone offered 1400$ for it. Didn't want to sell it but couldn't refuse. I miss it already but had to take the money. Have some parts I will be posting for sale. Almost a complete 79 IT175 motor, YT175 trans gears and shafts, Yt200 triple clamps and YZ80 forks. Super fun while I had it but time to move on. Thanks for your input Rubbersalt.