PDA

View Full Version : 350x oil line leaking at case

Shawn Powell
07-04-2017, 10:08 PM
I had to remove my clutch cover to install my FST oil cooler and in process remove my oils lines from the case. I put brand new Honda o rings on them and it's still seeping oil. Any suggestions? Going to pismo In a couple weeks. Any suggestions? Black rtv? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

captainweezy
07-04-2017, 10:15 PM
Were the o rings still available from honda? It seems like i tried to order them but were discontinued.

Shawn Powell
07-05-2017, 12:44 AM
Were the o rings still available from honda? It seems like i tried to order them but were discontinued.

They have updated the part number several times since 1985 but if you type in Honda o rings and the size it's a very universal Honda o ring. Also if you have a good Honda dealer there system is updated to show the new part number. I ordered these from Rocky Mountain atv they seem to fit right. Perfect on the cooler line and go in snug to the case. My old ones were dry and one even broke when I pulled it off and they didn't leak lol.

knappyfeet
07-06-2017, 01:48 AM
I know bikebandit gives the size of oring with the part number.......perhaps a tick thicker or "next size bigger" if its available? Are leaking from the mating surfaces? Warped? Cracked?

Black rtv sounds like a nice patch for your trip to pismo (jealous)

Have fun!

Shawn Powell
07-06-2017, 09:18 AM
They have updated the part number several times since 1985 but if you type in Honda o rings and the size it's a very universal Honda o ring. Also if you have a good Honda dealer there system is updated to show the new part number. I ordered these from Rocky Mountain atv they seem to fit right. Perfect on the cooler line and go in snug to the case. My old ones were dry and one even broke when I pulled it off and they didn't leak lol.

I've checked the lines and case and don't see any cracks. It didn't leak before I tore it down. I replaced the old o rings just because I had it apart and in the two years I've had the bike I've never done it. The next size o ring I could find ( .2 mm thicker) didn't fit at all. These go in real snug. I ordered 2 more gonna swap em out this weekend and see what happens. It's a slow seep while it runs. If it doesn't fix it I'll try some rtv.