PDA

View Full Version : fogin up

redneck250es
02-08-2004, 03:30 PM
I just got back form doin some winter ridin (love my new bear claws) 8) Anyway my glasses kept fogging up. Does anyone have the same problem? :( i wear a full face helmate and they still fog :rolleyes: ?

TeCaTe_MaN
02-08-2004, 04:28 PM
yea..i found a solution to that problem it was gettin at me too....when you exhale exhale out your mouth and aim it down at your chin so it doesnt draft up and condense on your goggles... ;)

compaqkoci
02-09-2004, 01:42 AM
i got the same prob too sometimes. you can get some anti fooger cream for it or you can use some bar soap on a rad and wipe the inside with it it may leave a little film on ther but... it works really well :-D

TrikeKid
02-09-2004, 01:55 AM
if by glasses you mean goggles i would just avoid wearing them i dont wear goggles unless its dusty out. but then again i wear eyeglasses so i have some protection for my eyes

TimSr
02-09-2004, 09:45 AM
Dennis Kirk sells this little anti fog cloth for about $1.50 that you wipe goggles or glasses with. Works great.

jay
02-09-2004, 06:29 PM
that is extremely irritating, nothing worse then trying to ride and not be able to see cause your glasses are fogged. if i keep moving they stay clear so i just don't stop. most of the time i just leave them at the trailer. the anti-fog cloth sounds like a good solution though

Bumb
02-09-2004, 06:39 PM
I know in sports like paint ball they have defogger sprays for there masks. I would think that if u put that on it would help to cut it down. I forget what its called. Like i said it should work.

ATC crazy
02-09-2004, 06:41 PM
that is extremely irritating, nothing worse then trying to ride and not be able to see cause your glasses are fogged. if i keep moving they stay clear so i just don't stop. most of the time i just leave them at the trailer. the anti-fog cloth sounds like a good solution though

I agree.

What I do to keep them from fogging up, is to put them on just before you head out. As soon as you start moving, they stay clear. When I come to a stop, breathe out of your mouth and aim it down you chin like T_Man said ;)

jay
02-09-2004, 10:36 PM
breathing downward is good if you don't have a beard that basically stores it and screws you even longer

jeswinehart
02-09-2004, 10:55 PM
thank goodness i don't hafta wear those glasses any more ! the mrs. and i had the laser surgery done sevral years ago ,,, what a change of life style ,,, anyway, stop by a scuba dive shop and pick up a bottle of the anti fog stuff they have on hand, ( sea drops is the brand pictured ).
i do about 75 - 90 dives a year and this container is 2 years old.
yep ,,, gonna cost maybe 6.95 but it's the stuff us divers use.

john