PDA

View Full Version : 350x Mugfler

mgusciora
04-13-2017, 09:58 AM
Hey y'all so I'm looking for a new muffler and possibly pipes. Any suggestions? It's a 86 350x. Right now I have I think factory pipe that's rusted pretty bad and some of brand LOUD muffler. Looking for something loud but not so loud it's annoying. Thanks!

~Matt Gusciora

keister
04-13-2017, 01:07 PM
TRX 450R silencers work pretty well. They have spark arrestors, sound good, uncork the motor, and best yet, almost everyone buys aftermarket exhausts so they can be had very cheaply. Bonus points if you cut it down for a better fit.

Dirtcrasher
04-13-2017, 03:29 PM
I highly suggest the pipe mentioned above. BUT, you need a small mid pipe and fabrication is very difficult for most people.

I ran one with the "HCR hop up kit" and it allowed me to bump up my main and pilot a few sizes but still sounded nice....

mgusciora
04-13-2017, 04:02 PM
Custom fab isn't really a problem. Does anyone make a new pipe from the motor back for a 350x?

~Matt Gusciora

mgusciora
04-13-2017, 04:06 PM
I highly suggest the pipe mentioned above. BUT, you need a small mid pipe and fabrication is very difficult for most people.

I ran one with the "HCR hop up kit" and it allowed me to bump up my main and pilot a few sizes but still sounded nice....

Also have another problem that may or may or may not be related. In the winter when I ride on a frozen lake with little or no snow the trike runs fine for maybe 2-4 minutes then starts to back fire and die. Then after it dies you can kick it all you want for 3-4min and nothing with happen but if you wait a couple min and kick, it starts right up???? Was going to make a new post but just dawned that the aftermarket exhaust could have to do with this??

~Matt Gusciora

Shawn Powell
04-13-2017, 06:40 PM
Custom fab isn't really a problem. Does anyone make a new pipe from the motor back for a 350x?

~Matt Gusciora

Only one I know of is DG. Header and what they call a muffler. Is freaking loud. Super obnoxious loud and performance is debatable. I modified mine with a HRC quiet core and turn down to make it tolerable and seemed to even help my bottom end. If I were to do it all over again I would buy a FMF Q4 for a Honda 400ex and get a mid pipe made to fit it. Possible look into either a harkabusic header or mod an xr400 header myself. Still might do this this summer. I have a Q4 and the FMF powerbomb on an xr400 and it runs great and isn't too loud. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mgusciora
04-13-2017, 06:44 PM
Only one I know of is DG. Header and what they call a muffler. Is freaking loud. Super obnoxious loud and performance is debatable. I modified mine with a HRC quiet core and turn down to make it tolerable and seemed to even help my bottom end. If I were to do it all over again I would buy a FMF Q4 for a Honda 400ex and get a mid pipe made to fit it. Possible look into either a harkabusic header or mod an xr400 header myself. Still might do this this summer. I have a Q4 and the FMF powerbomb on an xr400 and it runs great and isn't too loud. Hope that helps.

Awesome, I have fmf on all my bikes but all are 2 smokes:) so didn't really know how the 4 would sound

~Matt Gusciora

RIDE-RED 250r
04-13-2017, 08:16 PM
Cobra makes exhaust systems for the 350x too, but very loud as well as copiously obnoxious.

Our 350x has the full DG system on it and like everyone above says, it is LOUD..even when you are trying to go easy on it in an attempt to be considerate to houses near the trails and whatnot. Between the two, I like the DG's brand of loud better than Cobra's. Would like to tone down the DG a tad though. Thanks for the tips on that Shawn Powell. :beer

mgusciora
04-13-2017, 08:25 PM
Now the 350 has 2 exhaust ports right?

~Matt Gusciora

Shawn Powell
04-13-2017, 08:32 PM
Now the 350 has 2 exhaust ports right?

~Matt Gusciora

Yes it does. Now Mickey Dunlap at fourstroke tech says he offers pipe kits for the 350x now. I haven't inquired but he's super legit and only builds top quality stuff. And the q4 sounds great.

mgusciora
04-13-2017, 09:10 PM
Sweet

~Matt Gusciora