PDA

View Full Version : one way bearings only $15 on ebay? help with install

kilabeez0
04-05-2017, 10:51 AM
I've been researching replacing my one way bearing and there's actually not many threads that I can find with walk throughs. Years ago it seemed like the bearing was rather expensive, however I find them on ebay for only $15. Does anyone have any experience with these? And does anyone know of any decent walk throughs? I hear I should replace the clutch packs as well?

Dirtcrasher
04-05-2017, 12:20 PM
Don't buy a cheap China bearing for that application.

Use China stuff on axle bearings, wheel bearings etc etc etc.

You only need to replace the main clutch if it slips; And again, Barnett or OEM Honda.

That may not be how everyone sees it but it is most certainly how "I" see it and it's always worked for me....

Scootertrash
04-05-2017, 01:09 PM
In addition to Dirtcrashers advice, nothing beats having a copy of the factory service manual. All the proper info is at your finger tips.

kilabeez0
04-05-2017, 01:42 PM
Few people have used them with good results on this board but I hear what youre saying. My 250sx lurches forward when I put it in gear, whines after shut down and the kicker slips so I know its definitely shot. Is it easy to replace?

Dirtcrasher
04-05-2017, 02:23 PM
Few people have used them with good results on this board but I hear what youre saying. My 250sx lurches forward when I put it in gear, whines after shut down and the kicker slips so I know its definitely shot. Is it easy to replace?

Well, IMHO, the 250SX has more moving parts than any engine I've ever rebuilt.

I would only want to open that side 1 time!!

Cheap bearings have larger tolerances than Japan bearings. Japan may be = or - .0005 and China .001.

I know allot of you guys are on budgets. Trike parts are tough to find and the OEM stuff is going away, if it isn't all gone yet!

So, I'd do it right and do it one time. Main clutch (which you may not probably need), one way bearing (don't put it in backwards!!), a gasket and some fresh oil to fix a 32 year old trike isn't too bad.

I'd use a Service Manual and OEM parts aside from the gaskets. Vesrah and Cometic seem to fit just fine.....