PDA

View Full Version : Got a nice 185s cheap ........

ScottZJ
02-07-2004, 02:49 PM
Well here is the story, Howie and I were getting some tires mounted on his hooptie toyota truck and the black dude that owned the place said he had something for us. So, me with my hand on the gun , walk to the back of the tire shop(outside) to see what he had. Under a nice tarp there was a trike. It was.....of course a 185s. We looked at it and he was like I know you guys could mess with it so take it for 100$. I was like NO WAY. Since he was mainly talking to Howie, I gave him first dibs on it. But unfortunately howie just got new tires and a quad for the kids, (not to mention all the 350x parts he has!). So he declined and I said(in my head....) my wife is going to kill me!.
So I told dude I would be back in a few that bought it. It is missing the rear brake pedal and hardware, needs a new take(this one is leaking at the bottom) and needs a new pull rope for it. The rear tires are dry rotted but no big deal. So what do you guys think?

PS........... I was at the honda shop trying to get some 350x stuff and dude at the counter said he had a 250SX for 400$. I was like no way! So I might be getting that soon and posting pics. Tell me one thing(MARRIED GUYS), where is the breaking point for wives? I am just waiting to come home with my stuff thrown out with the trikes to live! LOL

ScottZJ
02-07-2004, 02:51 PM
More

plkmonster2
02-07-2004, 02:56 PM
Great deal! That thing is in good condition, and is a newer model. Nice find! LOL, just go and pick up that 250sx, lol ;) :-D

200xman
02-07-2004, 05:25 PM
Tell me one thing(MARRIED GUYS), where is the breaking point for wives? I am just waiting to come home with my stuff thrown out with the trikes to live! LOL

I use my own money to buy my trikes. The wife has gotten used to me showing up with new additions. I'm building a new garage to fit the toys.

CHAINSAW
02-07-2004, 05:28 PM
Tell me one thing(MARRIED GUYS), where is the breaking point for wives? I am just waiting to come home with my stuff thrown out with the trikes to live! LOL

As long as you claim you bought it for her.... she wont mind! My wife actually owns 4 trikes... I dont have any.. hahahahaha

Nice find by the way.. I wish I could stumble on deals like that.

sandrooster
02-07-2004, 05:40 PM
:D Scott,
Thanks for the laugh of the day.

You might want to stock up on blue tarps first. Walmart has this 18' x 32' for a good price.

nitekrawler
02-07-2004, 05:42 PM
Well here is the story, Howie and I were getting some tires mounted on his hooptie toyota truck and the black dude that owned the place said he had something for us. So, me with my hand on the gun , walk to the back of the tire shop(outside) to see what he had. Under a nice tarp there was a trike. It was.....of course a 185s. We looked at it and he was like I know you guys could mess with it so take it for 100$. I was like NO WAY. Since he was mainly talking to Howie, I gave him first dibs on it. But unfortunately howie just got new tires and a quad for the kids, (not to mention all the 350x parts he has!). So he declined and I said(in my head....) my wife is going to kill me!.
So I told dude I would be back in a few that bought it. It is missing the rear brake pedal and hardware, needs a new take(this one is leaking at the bottom) and needs a new pull rope for it. The rear tires are dry rotted but no big deal. So what do you guys think?

PS........... I was at the honda shop trying to get some 350x stuff and dude at the counter said he had a 250SX for 400$. I was like no way! So I might be getting that soon and posting pics. Tell me one thing(MARRIED GUYS), where is the breaking point for wives? I am just waiting to come home with my stuff thrown out with the trikes to live! LOL

HAHAHAHAHA! Lets say, nothing like a good !@#$ for the wife to keep her quiet after a purchase (wink).
OR
Take her shopping right before or after! 8) Although, after 10yrs , wife says, "What did you buy, so I know how much I can spend?" :shock:

ScottZJ
02-07-2004, 06:37 PM
Actually truthfully my wife is the greatest around. She is super understanding and everything. But thats what worries me, i dont want her to change! Haha But she knows when I find a good deal not to ask why, cuz in the turn around, I can either make money on it or trade for another toy that I wont have to pay for.

Kaysen
02-08-2004, 12:03 AM
Did your frame break here? It was an easy fix, but not the prettiest thing. The back brake pedal that I am going to use is off of a 200. Kaysen

hondatrikesrule22
02-08-2004, 12:13 AM
Hey scottzj, what is the name of the front tire on there? And what size is it?

nitekrawler
02-08-2004, 12:26 AM
You did good!

plkmonster2
02-08-2004, 01:06 AM
I'm not Scott, but that tire is a Carlise Trail Pro. I have a few here. I know they come in 22/11/8, but they may come in 25/12/9. They are a good tire for dry riding, but from my experience, they stink in mud because the mud gets stuck in the lugs and it clogs the whole wheel well up. Good tire for genera use though.

Yardbird
02-08-2004, 03:05 AM
Heh maybe if you got some tarps that were camoflauged to match your fence and yard maybe she wouldn't notice the collection growing. :-D

nitekrawler
02-08-2004, 03:10 AM
Heh maybe if you got some tarps that were camoflauged to match your fence and yard maybe she wouldn't notice the collection growing. :-D

HAHAHAHAH :-D

Howdy
02-08-2004, 07:25 AM
In the past my wife has told me many of times that we have too many machines. The trick I use is to sell one once and a while. I just say hey we made a couple bucks selling this one, so why not find more?

I think in last couple years she has realized if we find a deal we will buy it.

Right now we are looking for a House ( with a big barn ) in the country to store some of these deals we have found.

Do we have too many? You tell me. lol

Picture taken 1 week after Trikefest last year:
http://www.bright.net/~4howdy/PHFleet01.jpg
Note: That is just the rolling machines. There was 30+ more still inside the shop.

Howdy

P.S. We bought another trike yesterday. This made #7 of this "Performace" model.

ScottZJ
02-08-2004, 11:20 AM
Howdy, my wife saw your pic and she said, well he owns a shop, thats why he has all these trikes. I told her, yeah he owns a shop....to store all of them Hahaha. I told her one day I want to catch up to you! :D

Howdy
02-08-2004, 03:37 PM
Howdy, my wife saw your pic and she said, well he owns a shop, thats why he has all these trikes. I told her, yeah he owns a shop....to store all of them Hahaha. I told her one day I want to catch up to you! :D

lmao, It is more of a Hobby on steriods. The shop is a good way to "Hide" all the toys I have.

Me: Honey, do you care if I buy these?
Wife: Do you really need more machines?
Me : Well they would look nice in my collection.
Wife: We can't afford them right now. You will just have to wait.
So we leave without buying them.

2 weeks later I am riding one of the machines, the wife notices.
Wife : I thought I said we couldn't afford to buy those machines.
Me: I didn't buy them. The Shop did.
Case closed.

lmao, Works all the time. ;)
Howdy