PDA

View Full Version : Main gear to clutch gear alignment

pervO
03-20-2017, 08:07 PM
I noticed this when disassembling the motor, now that I'm putting it back together it's doing the same thing. I've put everything back exactly like the diagram.

Dirtcrasher
03-22-2017, 12:05 PM
Is the primary gear on backwards?? Looks like it has a hub facing forwards, can it flip around??

You can't be missing a shim because your crank is outta threads....

pervO
03-22-2017, 02:14 PM
Is the primary gear on backwards?? Looks like it has a hub facing forwards, can it flip around??

You can't be missing a shim because your crank is outta threads....

The gear is on correctly, as you can see on the schematic the primary gear has a stepped side that sits against the spacer / seal runner. As for the spacer/seal runner that also has a stepped area. I tried it both ways with the same result. I can tell its been running like this for awhile by the mesh marks in the clutch basket gear.

YTZ drew
03-26-2017, 11:58 AM
This is what mine looks like. I think it's normal.241302

Red Rider
03-26-2017, 01:58 PM
Yep, that is fairly standard on a lot of different motors. I wouldn't worry about it, but it does seem like they should be perfectly aligned, doesn't it?

pervO
03-27-2017, 01:18 PM
Yep, that is fairly standard on a lot of different motors. I wouldn't worry about it, but it does seem like they should be perfectly aligned, doesn't it?

Its only the most important gear in the motor.

big specht
03-27-2017, 03:46 PM
Just put my brothers triz together and it was the same way. I questioned it to but it lined up with the wear marks in the basket gear like it was before

El Camexican
03-27-2017, 07:03 PM
Exactly like my Tri Z as well