PDA

View Full Version : Plastic renew?

plkmonster2
02-05-2004, 10:31 PM
Never used it, but im thinking of getting it. I know its at Dennis Kirk BTW, but I wanted your input. I know you have to take the stickers off, which some need to come off, because they are chipping. You can't go around some stickers, can you? Also, how deep og scrathes will it cure? And does it help some serious sun fading? Finally, how many full trikes does 1 kit do?

CHAINSAW
02-05-2004, 11:37 PM
You can coat your stickers.. it doesnt effect them at all.. infact I suggest covering them.. makes the look new also!..

Its not a cure all for scratches.. you have to sand the scratches out before you coat. Its not a body filler type of stuff.. so if you have deep scratches,.. you're still stuck with sand paper and elbow grease.

As for sun fading. If your fender is allready sunfaded.. then again.. time to sand.
Plastic renew is just pretty much clear coat that wipes on and dries. You want your plastic perfeclty clean, or it will coat the dirt, and then itll really look crappy.

Does that help>?

plkmonster2
02-05-2004, 11:56 PM
Yup, thanks!

twgranger
02-06-2004, 09:07 AM
Good luck! It takes a few hours to do. If you ask me i think it sucks. For the time and labor your better off at buying new fenders.

Howdy
02-06-2004, 11:19 AM
Good luck! It takes a few hours to do. If you ask me i think it Bites. For the time and labor your better off at buying new fenders.

Only if new fenders / plastic is available.
Howdy

Kook
02-06-2004, 11:26 AM
Didn't someone say here once that floor finish, like "Future" works just as well and is a whole lot cheaper?

Mobular
02-06-2004, 03:30 PM
Yep, Future, Mop & Glo or any other liquid floor wax is the same thing....

86250RZ
02-06-2004, 03:52 PM
They share some of the same chemicals, but no they are not the same

md1985250r
02-06-2004, 08:48 PM
i used it on my gas tank and it worked great.......lots of elbow grease and a few different grits of sandpaper, made my faded 85 tank look almost new.....good luck

CHAINSAW
02-07-2004, 10:31 AM
Good luck! It takes a few hours to do. If you ask me i think it Bites. For the time and labor your better off at buying new fenders.

then you aint doing it right. The ones I did came out looking new from the factory. There IS a trick to it.. ya just gotta figure out how to lay it on there.

mymint87
02-07-2004, 12:26 PM
a clean substrate is very important

application should be mutiple thin coats

and remember, its not chemical resistance so if you apply it to you gas tank, be careful when refueling :) :) :) :) :)