PDA

View Full Version : K1 atc70

efhondakid
01-29-2017, 10:47 PM
Been on the hunt for a K0/K1 for awhile now and finally scored one today. She's rough but minus the plastic the head and a few odds and ends it's complete. Gonna do a a full restore over the next few months.

This is the only pic I have of her now because I was too excited to start pulling it apart haha. 239383

Parts I'm in need of are as follows
Rear hub
Front hub (cracked and has been repaired)
Left side heel guard
Clutch cover rubber
Chain inspection plug
Foot peg rubbers

So whos holdin some good used/NOS?

Evan Hagenow
01-29-2017, 11:59 PM
Looks like a great start. Does it have the skid plate? If it does that and the exhaust guard are worth their weight in gold. Im pretty sure you can get the peg rubbers, inspection plug and clutch cover rubber new from honda still.
What are your plans with it? full restore or just get it running and ride it.

efhondakid
01-30-2017, 12:46 AM
Skid is intact and in good shape as well as the heat shield and the recoil works. I paid $250 for it and I figured those few intact parts plus the gas tank were worth more than that price. Gonna do a full restore, not gonna go all out on NOS parts only as it will still be ridden. Spanglers seems to have quite a bit of the nickel and dime odds and ends that it will need.

Anybody have recommendations for cleaning oxidized aluminum? Soak in Coca Cola? Fine walnut blasting media?

vroomy
01-30-2017, 01:08 AM
Bead or soda blasting always brings alloy back to new

Evan Hagenow
01-30-2017, 11:32 AM
Thats who I got most of my parts when I restored my 84 70. Spanglers is very helpful and will talk with you whenever he can to help you work out what ever parts you might need and what might be wrong.

FPMXer
01-30-2017, 11:30 PM
Here is another great site for the 70 ATC's. www.hondaatc70.com

captainweezy
01-30-2017, 11:54 PM
I think I have the hubs.

efhondakid
01-30-2017, 11:57 PM
I think I have the hubs.
I only need one rear but if you have a full front/rear set I'd take them for the right price.