PDA

View Full Version : FLywheels timing and keyways

FPMXer
01-24-2017, 09:18 PM
Lets talk about flywheel timing marks and the crankshaft keyway. What is the correlation between the two if the mag/flywheel is full of magnets? I have an 84' KXT 250 T3 that I'm in the process of getting it running so I can sell it. It has fuel and compression sitting at 160 psi. The ignition system is my problem. POS stator that is gonna be replaced with a new Moose stator when it arrives and I also scored a stock coil. The flywheel I pulled of the bike is from a KDX 200 per John Swinehart. So if anyone can shed some light on the difference in the timing marks on a smoker with the keyway enlighten us. I know how it all works on a 4 stroke but wonder about the smoker engines. I know you can change the stator plate with the slots provided but only a few degrees.

To me if the flywheel is full of magnets you should be able to simply secure the stator plate to the case halve and bolt the flywheel to the crank and be good to go! I know you can get offset keys to advance or retard the timing on a smoker.

Some of you will scratch your heads reading this wondering WTF I'm talking about but someone here knows what I'm talking about and can explain it in plain english for the rest of us.:D

jeswinehart
01-24-2017, 09:40 PM
Yeah, 4 magnets. 2 south pole + 2 north pole sitting opposite of each other.

jeswinehart
01-24-2017, 09:57 PM
You can check polaritys with a compass.
And a wee bit of Google searching on how too :)

jeswinehart
01-24-2017, 10:06 PM
The "push" magnets are south pole.
The "pull" magnets are north pole.
One of the kdx versions have those placements 180 degree off from kxt.
The other 2 types of kdx are simply clocked different.
If wrong placenta you will still have spark,,,, just at wrong time.

FPMXer
01-25-2017, 12:14 AM
Push pull magnets? I can stick a pair of scissors opened up inside and it pulls the same all the way around the flywheel.

jeswinehart
01-25-2017, 07:11 AM
Use another magnet to test. Same side of that magnet each time. You will need to know which polarity side of that magnet.

FPMXer
01-25-2017, 09:19 AM
Use another magnet to test. Same side of that magnet each time. You will need to know which polarity side of that magnet.

That makes sense with another magnet. I'll find one and try it. Is there a way to know of the magneto magnets are weak? Should a screwdriver stay stuck to the magnets in a magneto?

jeswinehart
01-25-2017, 01:10 PM
You will be able to tell weakness using a magnet. If one pulls or pushes alot less then the one across from it you will be able to tell.

barnett468
01-25-2017, 03:13 PM
Is there a way to know of the magneto magnets are weak? Should a screwdriver stay stuck to the magnets in a magneto?

1. it is not easy to tell if they are weaker than they were when they were new unless you have a very weak one to compare to a new one because the factory does not list the amount of "magnetism" the magnets came with.

2. yes a screw driver should stick fairly well to the magnets.

3. it is possible to get magnets re-magnetized . see the site below.

https://www.scooterwest.com/item_details/Flywheel-Re-Magnetizing/4045

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

christph
01-25-2017, 04:42 PM
A woodruff key makes timing easy. The PVL ignitions don't have one, which is why you have to use a timing gauge to install them.

FPMXer
01-25-2017, 05:11 PM
I've seen scooterwest's site a while back. I'm glad my bike has the woodruff key as most do anyway.

jeswinehart
01-25-2017, 06:29 PM
Magnetism strength for Tecate flywheels is 3.5 MGOE if you happen to need that info Barnett,,,,

barnett468
01-25-2017, 11:07 PM
Magnetism strength for Tecate flywheels is 3.5 MGOE if you happen to need that info Barnett,,,,

xlnt, thanks . I figured if anyone had the info you would.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

FPMXer
01-26-2017, 09:44 PM

How does someone measure that?

jeswinehart
01-26-2017, 10:32 PM
I called the company I placed a sizable dollar amount of a order for those magnets. My guy sounded kinda quizzical about my quistion : ).
He had the info jotted down on my order alrighty, right down to custom mold specifics.
These (and basically all cycle flywheel magnets subject to high heat) are ceramic. That just happens to be the number they get "zapped" at.
Not much strength really when measured against neo-deoam (sp?) Or the sevral other types of materials that can be made a magnet and "zapped" to different degree,,,, kinda surprised me since I had these tecate magnets marry them selves together with force enough to break in half on bench (bad day in garage for sure !).
So yeah, own a mold, rights with this company for tecate magnets ~ cool. Ain't gonna be scrounging for the no longer.
I am hoping for a 5 year payback on my investment,,,, we shall see. Dam sure want to be the Tecate flywheel go too guy ! KDX bike + Polaris too.
Heck of a hobby ehh

christph
01-27-2017, 12:18 AM
I called the company I placed a sizable dollar amount of a order for those magnets. My guy sounded kinda quizzical about my quistion : ).
He had the info jotted down on my order alrighty, right down to custom mold specifics.
These (and basically all cycle flywheel magnets subject to high heat) are ceramic. That just happens to be the number they get "zapped" at.
Not much strength really when measured against neo-deoam (sp?) Or the sevral other types of materials that can be made a magnet and "zapped" to different degree,,,, kinda surprised me since I had these tecate magnets marry them selves together with force enough to break in half on bench (bad day in garage for sure !).
So yeah, own a mold, rights with this company for tecate magnets ~ cool. Ain't gonna be scrounging for the no longer.
I am hoping for a 5 year payback on my investment,,,, we shall see. Dam sure want to be the Tecate flywheel go too guy ! KDX bike + Polaris too.
Heck of a hobby ehh

Are you planning on restoring old flywheels or building whole new ones? Personally I like the idea of fully encased flywheels like Honda's 250R. Ricky Stator sold them for a while but ran out before I could snatch a couple up.

jeswinehart
01-27-2017, 06:59 AM
restoring back to usable condition, better then before IMO

3 Wheel Drive
01-27-2017, 12:20 PM
Are the kdx flywheels the same as the kxt flywheels? There are some on ebay for pretty cheap:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272530243325

christph
01-27-2017, 01:27 PM
restoring back to usable condition, better then before IMO

Nice. How much weight does it add? Does it change the how the engine feels, i.e., how quickly it revs out, tractability? How much do you charge? And finally, if the magnets are still glued (as mine are), do you just add the casing? You don't pull them out and re-glue them I assume. Thanks.

jeswinehart
01-27-2017, 03:08 PM
3 wheel, the kdx are different timing,,,, keyway is cut different.
Kdx guys was buying tecate flywheels and having the keyway re slotted,,,, 86 thru 88 models I beleive,,,, not the encased ones,,,, don't know about those newer kdx flywheels other then they don't work on tecate.
1 year of kdx has magnets bass ackwards all together.
Same magnets though. So kdx guys have it much worst for flywheel replacement then us t-3 guys.
Here are 3 kdx flywheels. One on far right is yet to be identified. I know what it isn't (t'3).

jeswinehart
01-27-2017, 05:34 PM
65 dollars to clean up, reglue your magnets back in place ( if needed) + encapsulated and turned alot more true then stock,,, returned to you (stateside,,, international actual mailing cost).
Stock tecate flywheels are so FAR out of balance it's no wonder our Tecates cause hand tingle.
I add about 60 grams of material,,,, kinda varies somewhat but there abouts.
I can leave a bit heavier or lighten up some,,,, all dependent on customers wishs.
If any magnet needs replace they are 30 dollars each + 65.00 base price.

christph
01-27-2017, 06:28 PM
Thanks, I appreciate the detailed information and will be sending you mine in the future. Looks like you are the go-to guy for flywheels now. I called Ricky Stator a few months ago and he said it is very unlikely they will be stocking flywheels in the future. Apparently he has to buy 1000 of them and it is just too much of an investment.

yaegerb
01-27-2017, 06:48 PM
Stock tecate flywheels are so FAR out of balance it's no wonder our Tecates cause hand tingle.

......And makes them 10x more reliable than it's competitors. That issue that you have uncovered could be the reason my uncle was tightening the mounting bolts before and after each race. John, have you run one of your flywheels and noticed a seat of the pants difference in vibration?

jeswinehart
01-27-2017, 07:47 PM
I have never run my Tecate anywhere other then the sand dunes at Silver Lake State Park here in Michigan and to be honest, that is where I came up with the idea of encapsulation around the open magnets.
To answerer your question,,, best I can,,, mine still rattles the bars a LOT even with running one of my worked over flywheels.
But I gotta think trueing them up has to help,,,, these flywheels stock are like 9 thousands out of whack. In the picture on my lathe that is the high spot, the other side opposite is trued to zero. Kind of makes the lathe rattle about until I can get a few passes made.

yaegerb
01-27-2017, 07:56 PM
Lol, holy...that's quite a bit out of whack. Yeah, it's gotta help a little. Too bad it doesn't eliminate it entirely. As usual, nice work with these flywheels!

86T3
01-27-2017, 10:12 PM
Are you advertising this service any where other than here? I'd like to help get the word out for you on Facebook, I can post this thread or another link if you'd like

jeswinehart
01-27-2017, 10:29 PM
The KDX forum I joined kinda sort of ,,, done one of those flywheels for a member there Joe but honestly, they don't know much of me. Not sure how best to promote really,,,, word of mouth is best way so yeah if you happen to hear of somebody needing some help please by ALL means put us in touch how ever that may be.
I don't think it wise of me to sell individual magnets on ebay due to polarity differences and human natures chance of screwing it all up :)
Depending on how many housings I can acquire I suppose I will have one on ebay at some point. I just like having a few on hand so I can get one right back out if need be. Some folks want their original back, some don't care and want it asap,,,, that's why I try to have some ready to ship out once I receive theirs as a core to re-work later on.

Thanks Joe, john

barnett468
01-28-2017, 10:53 AM
FLYWHEEL (FLY WHEEL) BALANCING

Now you are talking about something that I have a far more knowledge about and first hand experience with than magnetism, therefore, I can tell you that a flywheel is similar to any other type of wheel like an automotive or motorcycle wheel etc in that the center and the rim rotate around a hub that is mounted on an axle or spindle . A flywheel and flex plate on automobile and truck engines etc also work in a similar way even though they lack a "rim", and the ONLY way to ACCURATELY balance a flywheel is to put it on a balancing machine.

The best balancing method to use is the dynamic type as opposed to the static type . This means that even if Honda flywheels are more true than "The TECATE....The Most Powerful 3 wheeler In The Universe!" flywheels, it is still possible for a Honda one to be equally, or even further out of balance . This means that only truing a flywheel by machining it does NOT necessarily balance it or even improve the balance and can in fact unbalance it . It is also possible to balance a wheel that is a little out of true to close to "zero"/"neutral" balance, and this is done nearly every day in nearly every tire balance shop in the world.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT

barnett468
01-28-2017, 11:03 AM
OOPS....POST TO DO A POST CORRECTION CUZ I GOTS NO EDIT BUTTON CUZ THE STAFF LIKES TO READ MY POSTS SO MUCH THEY WANTS ME TO MAKES MORE OF THEM. :Bounce

"...in nearly every tire balance shop in the world."

Should be.

"on nearly every tire balancer in the world."

El Camexican
01-28-2017, 11:14 AM

Now you are talking about something that I have a far more knowledge about and first hand experience with than magnetism, therefore, I can tell you that a flywheel is similar to any other type of wheel like an automotive or motorcycle wheel etc in that the center and the rim rotate around a hub that is mounted on an axle or spindle . A flywheel and flex plate on automobile and truck engines etc also work in a similar way even though they lack a "rim", and the ONLY way to ACCURATELY balance a flywheel is to put it on a balancing machine.

The best balancing method to use is the dynamic type as opposed to the static type . This means that even if Honda flywheels are more true than "The TECATE....The Most Powerful 3 wheeler In The Universe!" flywheels, it is still possible for a Honda one to be equally, or even further out of balance . This means that only truing a flywheel by machining it does NOT necessarily balance it or even improve the balance and can in fact unbalance it . It is also possible to balance a wheel that is a little out of true to close to "zero"/"neutral" balance, and this is done nearly every day in nearly every tire balance shop in the world.

And the wheels on the (short) bus go round and round...

If you know so much about it why wasn't it addressed during your extensive testing of these machines?

Queef Chief
01-28-2017, 12:05 PM
I suppose this may be more appropriate in a feedback thread, but I'll post it here since it's related. I currently run four of John's TECATE, THE MOST POWERFUL 3WHEELER IN THE UNIVERSE flywheels with great success. He currently has another one of mine that he is encapsulating this weekend. Can't really feel a seat-of-the-pants difference in them VS stock flywheels, but having the confidence that my 30 year old flywheel will not implode on the next high rev sure makes me feel better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barnett468
01-28-2017, 12:56 PM
And the wheels on the (short) bus go round and round...

And here's some of you guys good buddy trashing yet ANOTHER persons thread with his nonsense . You obviously love this stuff way more than the op's of most threads do and the staff wonders why many people have stopped posting on this site. :rolleyes:

If you know so much about it why wasn't it addressed during your extensive testing of these machines?

ummm...why doesn't he ask why vibration wasn't addressed on most every motorcycle ever made (including most Hondas) to the point that it would be so little that it would almost be unnoticeable? :wondering

He also saw my post regarding this on another thread so why is he asking it again? :crazy:

FACT - Obviously since "The TECATE....The Most Powerful 3 Wheeler In The Universe!" with it's "unbalanced" engine spanked the luxuriously smooth 250r's in MANY races including the last PRO short track race ever held at Saddleback Park which I won over around 40 other riders including reigning Mickey Thompson Series Champion Jimmy White and the factory sponsored Honda riders, the vibration of "The TECATE....The Most Powerful 3 Wheeler In The Universe!" does NOT prevent it from WINNING RACES! http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/Smileys/smilies/thumbsup.gif

FACT - There are MANY motorcycles that vibrate even MORE than "The TECATE...The Most Powerful 3 Wheeler In The World!" . Just a few examples are Harley Davidson's, especially the older models, and BSA's, Triumph's and Speedway bikes etc.

FACT - If you are A PANSY and are afraid of your hands getting "chaffed" or prematurely tired by a little vibration, you should buy an atc 250r...or a Gold Wing. http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/Smileys/smilies/hysterical.gif

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................

Sorry, but you can not access el camexicans psychological profile.

This user was committed to an institution, and the record related to it is blocked by the psychiatrist.
The reason given for the institutionalization is: Excessively obsessing over another man 24 hours a day. http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/Smileys/smilies/sick.gif

bkm
01-28-2017, 01:51 PM

Yet another backhanded passive aggressive attack on another valuable member of this forum. A week or so ago you passively aggressively attacked yeagerb's engine building in Brandon's Tri-z thread and now here you are attacking John and his flywheel work. You are unreal and have the audacity to talk about the down fall of the site. It can be traced back to around January 26th, 2013 in case you were fuzzy about the time line.

The amount of selflessness John has done for this forum and it's members is second to no one and I won't tolerate watching you passive aggressively or otherwise attack his work. His track record speaks for itself, unlike the reliability of "The Most Powerful 3 wheeler In The Universe".

barnett468
01-28-2017, 02:24 PM
Yet another backhanded passive aggressive attack on another valuable member of this forum. A week or so ago you passively aggressively attacked yeagerb's engine building in Brandon's Tri-z thread and now here you are attacking John and his flywheel work. You are unreal and have the audacity to talk about the down fall of the site. It can be traced back to around January 26th, 2013 in case you were fuzzy about the time line.

The amount of selflessness John has done for this forum and it's members is second to no one and I won't tolerate watching you passive aggressively or otherwise attack his work. His track record speaks for itself, unlike the reliability of "The Most Powerful 3 wheeler In The Universe".

Xlnt, here is thread trasher contestant number 2! :crazy:

Again your feeble attempt to lie about my intentions and turn someone against me is ludicrous and will not go unanswered by me . Just because someone may post FACTS and those FACTS are occasionally different than the OPINIONS or guesses someone else posts, it does NOT mean the person posting the FACTS is out to discredit the other person.

FACT - I have recommended jeswinehart to several people on this site and from elsewhere.

FACT - Since I have recommended him to several people, it proves that I am NOT trying to discredit him.

FACT - If I have the magnets hurl on "The TECATE...The Most Powerful 3 Wheeler In The Universe!" flywheel, I will send it to jeswinehart.

FACT - You are one of the two or three other primary people here that constantly unnecessarily hijack and disrupt threads yet you yourself frequently attempt to blame others for doing what you are actually doing.

FACT - You need to stick to your real job if you even have one and stop trying to psychoanalyze people because it is obviously far outside your field of knowledge and expertise.

bkm
01-28-2017, 02:28 PM
Xlnt, here is thread trasher contestant number 2! :crazy:

Again your feeble attempt to lie about my intentions and turn someone against me is ludicrous and will not go unanswered by me . Just because someone may post FACTS and those FACTS are occasionally different than the OPINIONS or guesses someone else posts, it does NOT mean the person posting the FACTS is out to discredit the other person.

FACT - I have recommended jeswinehart to several people on this site and from elsewhere.

FACT - Since I have recommended him to several people, it proves that I am NOT trying to discredit him.

FACT - If I have the magnets hurl on "The TECATE...The Most Powerful 3 Wheeler In The Universe!" flywheel, I will send it to jeswinehart.

FACT - You are one of the two or three other primary people here that constantly unnecessarily hijack and disrupt threads yet you yourself frequently attempt to blame others for doing what you are actually doing.

FACT - You need to stick to your real job if you even have one and stop trying to psychoanalyze people because it is obviously far outside your field of knowledge and expertise.

Once again try and move the goalposts when called out on the carpet. Your track record of being banned from numerous other forums all over the Internet are withstanding and a testament to your degenerate behavior.

barnett468
01-28-2017, 03:09 PM
Not sure how best to promote really,,,,

Depending on how many housings i can acquire i suppose i will have one on ebay at some point. Some folks want their original back, some don't care and want it asap,,,,

dam sure want to be the tecate flywheel go too guy ! Kdx bike + polaris too.

In case you weren't aware, even if you don't have any flywheels to sell and just want to promote your service, you can do that on Ebay also which obviously has a lot of buyers . I'm not sure if a service listing for that will show when people do a search like "Kawasaki Tecate flywheel" for example, however Ebay can obviously tell you if it will.

If it doesn't show up in that type of search, you may also be able to make an ad in the items for sale section (which are free) and in that ad list the info and the link to your service post . Ebay can tell you if this is possible and suggest how to write the ad if it actually is ok to do that type of thing because they don't allow direct links to anything to be posted.

yaegerb
01-28-2017, 04:24 PM
Mr. Lilivig (Barnett468). Your passive agressive attitude will not be tolerated any longer in this site. John Swinehart is a HUGE member in this community, offers amazing products at discounted prices and literally gives away TSS at his own expense. Here you are spewing your high and mighty attitude when John has been pouring his life into the research for the past several years and I am confident he knows what he's talking about.

Please continue to contribute but do not bring this attitude around any longer.

This is your one and only warning. Retaliation from my posting or the continuance of this attitude will result in permanent dissmissal

Thank you,

The mgmt.

3 Wheel Drive
01-28-2017, 05:34 PM
Once again try and move the goalposts when called out on the carpet. Your track record of being banned from numerous other forums all over the Internet are withstanding and a testament to your degenerate behavior.

Yea Barn, bkms trying to kick some field goals..... Moving the goal is a technical foul..... That passive agressiveness is reserved for team honda & the establishment......:twisted:

Its time for you to bow down...... you better chiggidy check yo self Bee 4 u wreck yo self.....

yaegerb
01-28-2017, 05:38 PM
Yea Barn, bkms trying to kick some field goals..... Moving the goal is a technical foul..... That passive agressiveness is reserved for team honda & the establishment......:twisted:

Its time for you to bow down...... you better chiggidy check yo self Bee 4 u wreck yo self.....

I just won the bet with myself.

jeswinehart
01-28-2017, 05:41 PM
This is all FPM'fault ~he started it :)
Barnett, I googled how to list a want it ad on ebay and there is indeed a :want it now" thingy,,,, cool. Going back to do some more in depth research on it.

bkm
01-28-2017, 06:04 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170128/f7fc575c7e81277f6531fff0d94ccaee.gif

3 Wheel Drive
01-28-2017, 06:12 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/9ahoHmfN37Uze/giphy.gif

El Camexican
01-28-2017, 06:22 PM
Yea Barn,// Its time for you to bow down...... you better chiggidy check yo self Bee 4 u wreck yo self.....

That's some good advice right there M.J.L. Probably best if you go find a Mustang forum to spend some time on till things cool down around here. Assuming there's still one out there you haven't been kicked off of yet.

PS. Ed says hi

3 Wheel Drive
01-28-2017, 06:48 PM
https://youtu.be/KKA9rMWbygw

Ghostv2
01-28-2017, 07:06 PM
You know, I enjoyed reading the technical information offered from John every morning before work, even if it's about something I don't currently own or work on. Threads like this offer a great in depth side to how certain aspects of these machines work and their flaws and how to correct these issues. Who else is gonna be able to give you information like the polarity of your flywheel magnets and offer services like he does. Or just as good as OEM if not better reproductions of certain discontinued items, hard to find items, or custom work. Or will offer you a coffee and a chair at TF and enjoy a nice conversation having never met you. Then we got a couple guys who always have to muck up a good thread. The exits to your right...✌️

Happy trails fellas.

barnett468
01-28-2017, 07:12 PM

Barnett, I googled how to list a want it ad on ebay and there is indeed a :want it now" thingy,,,, cool. Going back to do some more in depth research on it.

Glad one of my passive aggressive posts were useful to you. :) Funny how some people try to make a problem where one does not exist.

I had Googled some info on it earlier that I was planning to put in that post but forgot to do it . Below are some of the things I found but you probably saw them already . In case you were unaware, Ebay has revamped their company some a few years ago so you can actually get a real person on the phone within a minute or two now and they are even very helpful and will guide you thru any process they have while you are doing it on the computer.

http://pages.ebay.com/sellercentral/specialtyservices/index.html?ssPageName=CMDV:IC0362

https://www.google.com/#q=how+do+you+advertise+a+service+on+ebay

You can also make an ad in the regular atc parts for sale section on Ebay stating something like the one below if you want . I would include free shipping with it which will only cost around $8.00 with the USPS in a flat rate box and also include a warranty . You could engrave each one with a date and get a custom stamp made and also stamp each one so if someone returned one for a warranty you could be certain that it is one that you did and know when you did it.

REBUILT KAWASAKI KXT 250 TECATE STATOR FLYWHEEL

This is an original Kawasaki KXT 250 stator flyweel that I have installed new magnets on . The sale requires that you send me a repairable core that has no damage to the shell prior to me sending this one to you . I do not currently sell flywheels outright without getting a rebuildable core in exchange.

The glue I use is much higher quality than the type Kawasaki originally used and is good up to 600 degrees which the stator will never reach.

I also seal the inside of the flywheel and magnets which virtually eliminates corrosion.

I have been been repairing flywheels on the Tecates, KDX 200's and Polaris's for several years and have never had one fail.

WARRANTY

I warranty these for 1 year from the date of purchase.

REBUILD YOUR CORE

I can also install new magnets on your flywheel or re-glue your original magnets back on if they are not broken . See my ad in the service section for pricing and other services we offer.

SHIPPING

Shipping is free anywhere within the continental US.

jeswinehart
01-28-2017, 08:00 PM
Glad one of my passive aggressive posts were useful to you. :) Funny how some people try to make a problem where one does not exist.

I had Googled some info on it earlier that I was planning to put in that post but forgot to do it . Below are some of the things I found but you probably saw them already . In case you were unaware, Ebay has revamped their company some a few years ago so you can actually get a real person on the phone within a minute or two now and they are even very helpful and will guide you thru any process they have while you are doing it on the computer.

http://pages.ebay.com/sellercentral/specialtyservices/index.html?ssPageName=CMDV:IC0362

https://www.google.com/#q=how+do+you+advertise+a+service+on+ebay

You can also make an ad in the regular atc parts for sale section on Ebay stating something like the one below if you want . I would include free shipping with it which will only cost around $8.00 with the USPS in a flat rate box and also include a warranty . You could engrave each one with a date and get a custom stamp made and also stamp each one so if someone returned one for a warranty you could be certain that it is one that you did and know when you did it.

REBUILT KAWASAKI KXT 250 TECATE STATOR FLYWHEEL

This is an original Kawasaki KXT 250 stator flyweel that I have installed new magnets on . The sale requires that you send me a repairable core that has no damage to the shell prior to me sending this one to you . I do not currently sell flywheels outright without getting a rebuildable core in exchange.

The glue I use is much higher quality than the type Kawasaki originally used and is good up to 600 degrees which the stator will never reach.

I also seal the inside of the flywheel and magnets which virtually eliminates corrosion.

I have been been repairing flywheels on the Tecates, KDX 200's and Polaris's for several years and have never had one fail.

WARRANTY

I warranty these for 1 year from the date of purchase.

REBUILD YOUR CORE

I can also install new magnets on your flywheel or re-glue your original magnets back on if they are not broken . See my ad in the service section for pricing and other services we offer.

SHIPPING

Shipping is free anywhere within the continental US.

With a few exceptions that I would change,,, perfect. Thanks man !

El Camexican
01-28-2017, 08:34 PM
You know, I enjoyed reading the technical information offered from John every morning before work, even if it's about something I don't currently own or work on. Threads like this offer a great in depth side to how certain aspects of these machines work and their flaws and how to correct these issues. Who else is gonna be able to give you information like the polarity of your flywheel magnets and offer services like he does. Or just as good as OEM if not better reproductions of certain discontinued items, hard to find items, or custom work. Or will offer you a coffee and a chair at TF and enjoy a nice conversation having never met you. Then we got a couple guys who always have to muck up a good thread. The exits to your right...✌️

Happy trails fellas.

Amen to that! Coffee and eggs with John at TF before anyone else was awake remains amongst my fondest memories of 2016. I wish you and I could have talked a little longer.

3 Wheel Drive
01-28-2017, 09:32 PM
Its nice to see everyone getting along now, its all water under the bridge. If barnetts tecate was not so powerful those darn magnets would stay in place. Mike is like the Ying & Jon is the Yang when it comes to that flywheel!

FPMXer
01-30-2017, 11:27 PM

MY fault????? LMAO it amazes me how a thread can blow up over peoples feelings getting hurt. I work the last 5 days and log in tonight to see a simple thread explode with nonsense that has nothing to do with the question I asked. I think they have other thread locations for bantering other members. But this is the internet and anything goes. J I have the new stator and coil and will let you know tomorrow sometime if the beast runs or not. Thanks for all your input and one other problem I noticed with this thread! Who TF posted the pic of the child molester eating popcorn??????