PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha trimoto 175 carb/ engine help. 2 stroke question

short4stuff
02-22-2004, 01:52 PM
I can only get it to start by spraying gas into the carb anyone know why?? when it gets running it wont idle, and sometimes it will bogg out. The carb is clean.

Wow first 2 stroke I owned/driven, this thing is intense.

short4stuff
02-22-2004, 09:08 PM
come on someone must know.

groundfly
02-22-2004, 09:32 PM
sounds likethe carbs not geting gas into the venturi, (i think thats what its called), maybe an air leak somwhere, maybe to much air intake, same thing?? either somthings clogged in the carb or for som reason your cylinder is getting to much air or not enough gas or both. i would do a leak down test...

Trikeaholic
02-22-2004, 09:43 PM
if mine sits for a while (weeks) it is very hard to start due to the fuel pump not being full for some reason. It may leak a little somewhere. Anyway, since the fuel pump is vacuum operated, yanking on the rope does not create enough vacuum to get it to pump fuel until it starts by spraying gas or something into the motor. I would look at that nutty fuel pump set up. Also, take the drain plug out of your carb to see if its full, if it is, the pump aint your problem, but it probably is.

bushwacker51
02-23-2004, 02:15 AM
My 175 tri-moto is the same way if it sits for more than a week or more it wont start no matter how much you choke it or pull on the starter rope. I pull the air cleaner and shoot a small amount of carb cleaner at the carb(very small) and it will fire up after the first pull. I dont know why its that way but thats the way it is. Glenn Oister

short4stuff
02-23-2004, 06:46 AM
if mine sits for a while (weeks) it is very hard to start due to the fuel pump not being full for some reason. It may leak a little somewhere. Anyway, since the fuel pump is vacuum operated, yanking on the rope does not create enough vacuum to get it to pump fuel until it starts by spraying gas or something into the motor. I would look at that nutty fuel pump set up. Also, take the drain plug out of your carb to see if its full, if it is, the pump aint your problem, but it probably is.

Alright well thanks everyone.

Trikeaholic, I am not using the fuel pump because smokin said that he is not using his, so I just skipped it, I will try putting it on and test that out.

Thanks again, Chris