PDA

View Full Version : Vealmonkey

blue27
01-07-2017, 07:27 PM
Well, this is not a post I wanted to write or an enjoyable read, but please do. Alot of us know a member on here, Pat Astle, or Vealmonkey on many of the forums. If you didn't know 2 years ago Pat had a house fire destroying or damaging a large portion of his vast collection of Trikes and Motorcycles. It was all moved into storage until the house was repaired and could be moved back, cleaned and organized. During this time Pat fell in to some Medical complications that have not improved. He has serve case of Diabetes and a spinal issue that is eroding the nervous system and causing lower body problems. Pat now resides in a nursing home in Maryland permanently. He is very weak, will not be able to walk again and has vision problems.
Unfortunately all his personal property is to be liquidated. Pat has no family. There is a good friend of Pats that he worked with for many years, his Wife is now Power of Attorney over his finances, legal issues and medical expenses. I have been tasked with (and with help of some other people) to sell off the collection.
I have been tracking down alot of his parts and bikes...if you have anything that belongs to Pat please contact me, so we can work something out.
First Pat has asked for some times to be sold to certain people. So the Tiger 250 and 500, Nicholson 500, Suspended 90, the A+ and PK are spoken for. The rest we are moving onto my property (reason for storage trailer) to sort clean and sell. I will be taking some of the Motorcycles to a local swap meet this month to try and sell.
The rest will be going up on eBay. I have started a separate account and paypal so that all funds are kept separate form mine. Name will be Veamonke0 on eBay (obliviously will have no feedback). Paypal will be same as email vealmonkey@gmail.com.
This will take some time, already want to say Thank You for those that have helped so far. William Kain Heiland Tim Mohr Bryan Raffa
If you would like to contact him, please PM me, I will not post his phone number, I do not want people calling to bug him about parts.

blue27
01-07-2017, 07:28 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/222370801323

save as a favorite seller

Aulbaugh
01-07-2017, 08:24 PM
Awesome thing your doing! I hope things go well and lots of funds are raised for Pat. I don't know Pat but I'll be praying for him.

1979atc
01-07-2017, 08:36 PM
Also sending prayers to Pat and his family. Hope everything works out for what you are doing.

dman10
01-07-2017, 09:03 PM
Don't know him, but know who he is and what he's done. I'm sure I'll do my share of the bidding.

El Camexican
01-07-2017, 09:57 PM
So sorry to hear this. He's been missed on here and I'm sure in many other places. Please let him know he's still remembered.

Scootertrash
01-07-2017, 10:16 PM
Only know him thru this forum, but sad news nonetheless. I'll keep an eye on the auctions and bid when I can. Prayers sent.

HairyJR
01-07-2017, 10:42 PM
Bruce that's a commendable task you've taken on helping a trusted friend. Personally never met Pat but have shared several threads and PM's on vintage ATC subjects. Prayers to you Pat.

"HJ" 238505 :beer

350for350
01-07-2017, 11:38 PM
I've never met or even talked to him, but I'm still sorry to hear this.

atc007
01-07-2017, 11:39 PM
Blue is being pretty modest here guys. He has up ended his own life to do this. He is traveling to a state away and hauling all of this collection to his home and ebaying it. A full time job for a team of people. Life aint fair and this story is sure proof. God Bless Pat, Bruce and all that are helping out.

atc300r
01-08-2017, 12:53 PM
Also praying for Pat.Miss his post when he would find a rare three wheeler part and share his finding with us.

yaegerb
01-08-2017, 01:56 PM
This is very sad news. I miss pat's finds. Never knew how he found all the hen's teeth parts and they were all amazing finds. Hat off to you Bruce for stepping up and helping out. You both are great assets to this community. Pat will be missed and our prayers are with him.

Jwheeler
01-08-2017, 02:09 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to Pat, He has been very helpful over the years with comments and parts. He is deeply miss from being heard on this site. And Bruce to you and your family for taking the time for a true friend in-need. THANK YOU !!!!!

Hopper055
01-08-2017, 05:07 PM
I'm very sad to hear about pat. I was always anticipating him posting in my build thread. With out him there's no way I could have built that. I just wanted to tell him thanks. I never got a chance to speek with him about it. He will remain in my thoughts and prayers.

schlepp29
01-08-2017, 05:31 PM
Pat you will be In my prayers, im sorry to hear this. God bless

shortline10
01-08-2017, 06:35 PM
Very sad news , Pat is an awesome guy and will be missed greatly here on the forum .
I want to thank you Bruce for all your doing and I will definitely help out .

oldskool83
01-09-2017, 10:58 AM
Pat was super cool and nice. he helped me out giving me half a 185s and 200x and said enjoy! Anyone who has been here awhile knows the guy for super cool rare stuff...I wish him as little pain as there can be and always say thanks when someone go out of their way for you.

Bruce is a stand up guy also...thanks for doing such a nice thing boss.

Dirty200
01-09-2017, 12:51 PM
im located in Maryland, any way I can help out, let me know. truck and trailer ready. prayers to the man up top for Pat.

Hair Bear Bunch
01-09-2017, 03:45 PM
Pat, I don't think I've had any shared threads with you but I along with others always enjoyed your posts. There's very little I can offer to do to help but to you, your family, and Bruce, may our thoughts and wishes be with you from across the pond.
Rob.

rdlsz24
01-13-2017, 11:24 AM
Wow sorry to hear. I actually came across the parts on eBay first and read the auction description and that is how I found out.

Rob

Dirtcrasher
01-13-2017, 01:51 PM
What bugs me the most is that he was always collecting but very little riding. We'd talk on the phone about everything he wanted to do.

What I'm trying to get across to everyone is, ride as much as you can!!

You never know whats going to happen to you; How'd you like to lose your parts collection?

Thank god for Bruce and the others help!!

Joseph Farrow
01-15-2017, 10:37 AM
WOW that first round of stuff brought some pretty good $$$.
The Pauter cylinder was WR territory. :crazy:

Ghostv2
01-15-2017, 04:58 PM
WOW that first round of stuff brought some pretty good $$$.
The Pauter cylinder was WR territory. :crazy:

I never thought it would of went that high. But then again I've never seen another. Did pauter make their own custom heads too or just work OEM ones?
I thought the laydown cases would of went for more though.

Wish I had the opportunity in the past to pick pats brain more than I did to learn more about the 90/110 performance stuff. He is a important part of this community and a important part in preserving history. I hope your happy when you see your collection go buddy. At this rate it looks like the items are bringing the money they deserve though. I'll miss your posts and finds here on the boards for sure.

I wish you the best,
Devin Purcell

fabiodriven
01-15-2017, 06:05 PM
Just to add to the large group of well wishers, I wish Pat the best. We interacted from time to time in the past and it goes without saying he is a true blue enthusiast and a good man. Our health can be so fragile from time to time.

TrickShot
01-18-2017, 02:07 AM
Sad to hear some of his trikes and quads were stolen.. Will be keeping an eye out for them. :mad:

Joseph Farrow
01-18-2017, 09:53 AM
Sad to hear some of his trikes and quads were stolen.. Will be keeping an eye out for them. :mad:

Surly not. That is terrible news. Hopefully the will catch who ever did this.

big specht
01-18-2017, 11:26 AM
And shoot them in the head !!!

Mr. Clean
01-18-2017, 12:18 PM

I read about this. Talk about the lowest of the low, scum of the earth. I wish them all the ill will I can send, I hope they get caught and punished severely.....

Aulbaugh
01-18-2017, 03:46 PM
I read about this. Talk about the lowest of the low, scum of the earth. I wish them all the ill will I can send, I hope they get caught and punished severely.....

Yeah I just read this while on FB and was astonished. I hope they get caught and severely butt fudged by a BBC.

Ol Deuce
01-18-2017, 11:14 PM
I did some work for Pat and was a Hoot....He is a Great Person!!!! Pray for the best recovery ever!!! Ol Deuce

x-rider
01-19-2017, 12:10 AM
Sorry to hear about Pat and his health. Also his stolen bikes. I did not have the pleasure of meeting him here on the forum. Wishing all the best from my family to yours. On a happier note, some great items he procured over the years.

Dirtcrasher
01-19-2017, 11:28 PM
How much more can a guy take!!!!!!!!!

Were they not locked and in a locked garage, cameras??

Some POS knew where they were and probably his situation. That is pure SCUM that needs to get tuned up if we can find him.

My thoughts, where were the trikes/quads, were they recently moved, could someone driving by possibly sneak a peak?

Who knew where they where? If they were moved, who knew? Who saw how and were they were stored; That's who stole them!!

Any nearby stores with cameras?? Possible other people on the road can be asked for help. Maybe a neighbor caught something on a surveillance system??

This isn't just a theft; This was hard enough for Pat and knowing him, he would be okay having to sell everything off, if they were sold to the right people that would enjoy them.

But THIS?? WTF!! Dammit why weren't they secure??!!!!!!!!!

Somebody better decide if they want Pat to know. If not, lets get a go fund me page going NOW!!

honda250sx
01-20-2017, 11:28 PM
Step away for a few short years and recently blew the dust off this old handle of mine and rev'd up my keyboard only to read this. Interacted with Pat in PM's many times in my early days here on the forums. He always was true gentleman with mountains of knowledge. Wish him nothing but the best. Terribly sad to hear about this.

Dirtcrasher
01-21-2017, 02:58 PM
I'm trying to help here:

Where were they. You've got the day, location and an approximate time.

Ask every gas station, variety store or anyone on the nearest roads with a surveillance camera to possibly look.

Were they in a trailer?? Are flyers being handed out??

If you want to offer a reward. I'll kick in some $$ if you guys want to try something.

The police aren't gonna look for them as hard as you guys can!!...

Ghostv2
01-21-2017, 07:08 PM
I'm glad someone's saying what needs to be said, DC. Unfortunately we're still in the dark. Just like pat probably too.

As the old saying goes, keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

blue27
01-21-2017, 07:30 PM
Thanks guys, but the police are involved. I can not say more because they may be reading this and I do not want it out what we KNOW!!!!! With that said I am doing the best I can with the help of other Trikers to help Pat, but we are doing what Pat asked. The tigers were to be there, that's what he wanted. Pat only lost the Tiger 250, the rest of the bikes (over 10) were another collectors that is not on the internet. I just wanted it out there to keep an eye out for Tiger or Tiger parts that may show up. All of Pats stuff has been moved to my house, I will work that out with Pat later as its not what he wanted. Right now he is in the Hospital with complications and I do not want to upset him more. I can't even tell you what "Tim" lost in this. I know everyone has there opinion and idea but we can only do so much. I will NOT start a go fund me page....you can donate to Pat's Pay-Pal if you like, but Pat's in a financial mess with the hospital and nursing home, I am trying to keep it out of his name so it can not be tracked. The state is going to take enough of Pats stuff as it is!!! Again, details that I and the Power of Attorney that Pat choose are dealing with and not for the public. Thanks you all for your help so far and keep Vealmonkey in your thoughts.

dirtwheels
01-22-2017, 01:28 AM
Wow. What a mess. Blue27, you are a good man for taking on all of this. Whoever did this better hope the police find them first. If one of you guys find him or them, there is going to a beatdown.

fordnut79@hotma
01-22-2017, 07:23 PM
Prayers going out...

200x newby
03-10-2017, 12:44 AM
Any recent updates on Pat or the missing bikes?

Ghostv2
03-10-2017, 09:01 PM
Any recent updates on Pat or the missing bikes?

As far as of last week he said nothing new was found out in the case of the missing bikes on the TRUPA page.

Any update on when the next auctions will go up? I have my alerts on for pat's account.

Zach
01-09-2018, 03:53 AM
I know this thread has not been posted in, in a while. Any updates?

taz
03-04-2018, 12:09 PM
That is awful i have talked to pat many times years ago i cant beleive somone stole all this stuff.on another thought i hope pats health is still good.

Dirtcrasher
03-04-2018, 02:35 PM
Regardless of the theft, I just hope Pats okay...

ironchop
03-04-2018, 03:31 PM
Regardless of the theft, I just hope Pats okay...Yeah what's the word on him? I haven't heard anything here and I'm not on FB

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk