PDA

View Full Version : 84r questions

mart
02-05-2004, 06:43 AM
hey

ive only just started to get my84r to run properly well the best i can with the sh*t heap of a pipe on it.the question is it keeps stuffing brand new plugs and by saying *stuffing*i mean not fouling,1ce it happens that plug wont work again even if i fully clean it,put a new plug in and it goes good untill this happensiknow its electrical but im not sure if its the coil or the black box thing its not my stator because ive just had that rewound about 3 weeks ago have any of you fellas ever had this happen?? im gettin so sic of this thing.

The other question is when you buy a pipe (dg) do you get the exaust flange thing with it because my r needs 1

thanx mart wink

jeswinehart
02-05-2004, 07:26 AM
hi mart. the peice that bolts to the head and the header pipe slips over dosn't come with new exhaust. and for more wonderful news ,,,, it's a dis-continuned part too. i only know that from when i oprdered the exhaust seal for the header. the sales guy put that part on my bill as well + when i went to pick up my parts that peice was shown as a not available part. ( i didn't need it anyway ).
somebody on here might be able to help you out with getting one.

as far as the plug trouble ,,, i'm too new to the air cooled "r"s to offer up much advice but i'm sure you'll get asked what the spark looks like ( yellow or light blue ) ,,, compression ,,, and plug type.

john

Wickedfinger
02-05-2004, 05:56 PM
You need to explain what exactly "Stuffing" is ....... What does the electrode tip of the plug look like in this condition?.

Trikeaholic
02-05-2004, 06:26 PM
i think I MIGHT have another exhaust flange....what happened to yours? If I have it its yours for postage only. I will have to check if interested.

Wickedfinger
02-05-2004, 06:36 PM
...... Both the exhaust flange and doughnut are still available according to Partsfish http://www.powersportspro.com/partsfish/displayfiche.asp from the dropdown menu click on muffler 83/84

mart
02-06-2004, 06:02 PM
thanx for the help fellas i got the spark issue sorted i just put the iridium tip(spelling)plug in and it hasnt done it since i was just using the 4.00 plugs cheap things

Trikeaholic i dunno wat happened to it.i only bought this trike about 4 months ago and its never had it ive just been using a ring of aluminium that pushes in between the header and pipe works. ok but im gettin a new dg pipe for it so i dont wanna run that thing in there i want the proper flange.If u did have 1 that would be good but how would i go about getting it sent to aussie.