PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy 200x fork tube bushing

averysdad
12-06-2016, 05:47 PM
Like the title says where can I buy the bushing? I have found the slider and backup ring on parts zilla but not the bushing. 237546 teflon is about 3/4 off. Any input about rebuilding forks is helpful. I understand the fork may be bent and I'm ok with that.

Dirtcrasher
12-06-2016, 07:53 PM
Tube may be bent slightly, check it out.

Anyhow, any of the suspension companies (Such as Factory Connection etc etc) out there should/may have bushings that size. Replace the damping piston head split ring while your in there. Thats the one thats white.

Mike Palmgreen sp? at VMS may be of some help as well, he's a good guy...

averysdad
12-06-2016, 10:22 PM
When I went back to look for the split rings I found the tube bushings. Thanks for your help and the tip about the split rings manual don't say anything about replacing them but ya it make sense. Now the big question atf or fork oil? I plan to use the same atf I use in my truck seeing how I have 5 guarts in the shed( valvoline max life full synthetic) any reason I shouldn't use this in my forks

arlaunch
12-06-2016, 10:52 PM
http://www.powersportsdiscount.com/oemparts/a/hon/506f8be7f8700229747b9536/front-shock-absorber

Use these guys to buy parts from. They are much cheaper.

I use either ATF or bel-ray.

What ever you want really.

averysdad
12-06-2016, 11:07 PM
That sucks already ordered from zilla. Saved that site to favorites your right thay are cheaper thanks.

averysdad
12-06-2016, 11:26 PM
Good thing I found the parts if not I was about to send my forks to this onformula 1 guy lol lmao .... I'm really tired of hearing about that guy I don't even read the post any more

averysdad
12-09-2016, 12:51 AM
One more thing it just came to me today I need to get rid of all the rust pit spots on the very top of my forks so I don't destroy my new seals and bushings sliding them down the fork. What is the best way to get the rust pits off?? I cleaned everything else really good all that's left are the rust pits. Also I wasn't paying attention when I took the long spring out one end is slightly smaller I thing the smaller end gos down right?

yaegerb
12-09-2016, 01:24 AM
Aluminum foil and water.

barnett468
12-09-2016, 02:07 AM
Good thing I found the parts if not I was about to send my forks to this onformula 1 guy lol lmao .... I'm really tired of hearing about that guy I don't even read the post any more.

Now the big question atf or fork oil? I plan to use the same atf I use in my truck seeing how I have 5 guarts in the shed( valvoline max life full synthetic) any reason I shouldn't use this in my forks

Ok, I can help you with at least some of your your suspension questions because I know how to use Google search . If you were perfectly happy with how your forks worked before and you know what the oil level was and the oil that was used, I would just stick with that . I can also tell you that ATF is around 6.5 wt . Type F does not have friction modifiers but Dexron does.

If you know what the oil was and want it firmer then I and others here that don't need to use Google search can tell you how to do that.

.................................................. ....https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_R0jcDRd6Nxg/RY8dww5IwzI/AAAAAAAAAKU/PvdcKv2GyQY/s400/southpark-happyholidays.JPG

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

barnett468
12-09-2016, 03:47 AM
One more thing it just came to me today I need to get rid of all the rust pit spots on the very top of my forks so I don't destroy my new seals and bushings sliding them down the fork. What is the best way to get the rust pits off?? I cleaned everything else really good all that's left are the rust pits. Also I wasn't paying attention when I took the long spring out one end is slightly smaller I thing the smaller end gos down right?

Ok, I found lots of answers to these questions on Google.

Pitted forks will typically leak oil.

You can use naval jelly and a brass toothbrush to remove rust or 1 lb of oxaic acid crystals per gallon of water and soak the oil free parts in it for 24 hours then check them . If you periodically scrub heavily rusted areas with a brass brush they will get clean sooner.

Rub them with 000 or 0000 steel wool . 000 is coarser and therefore have more effect.

If just the chrome is pitted, you can have the chrome removed then get the tubes replated or coated with an HVOF coating or Tungsten disulphide or DLC coating etc.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

3 Wheel Drive
12-09-2016, 02:27 PM
Good thing I found the parts if not I was about to send my forks to this onformula 1 guy lol lmao ....

***** face palm******

You may as well flush your money down the toilet and throw your parts away.

atc300r
12-09-2016, 03:21 PM
Use a thin piece of plastic with grease on both sides .Put the plastic with grease on it between your seal and fork tube and slide it down pull plastic up and out.I used a piece of oil bottle. I saw this trick on youtube.

averysdad
12-12-2016, 07:43 PM
Got the forks done . The foil took the rust off but the rough pits where still there so I took a pice of hard plastic and slid the bushings and seals past the pitted spots at the top of the forks. Used atf fills good to me about the same as before maybe a little better and without leaking seals. Thanks for the info.