PDA

View Full Version : Some forgotten '82R pics I just had developed ........

Wickedfinger
02-04-2004, 06:08 PM
.... Anyone ever find an old roll of film, go and have it developed, and were delighted at the "forgotten" pictures that came back. I just did this the other day and when I took a look at the pics I got back, low and behold there were some shots I snapped of my '82 250R from when she was layed up waiting for a new fork and handlebars. I had let my friend Evan take her for a spin ..... when he came back, she was limping - he shot a turn too wide and took a tree hit to the front end bending back the left fork tube, handlebars and giving him a bloody nose. After the parts arrived I got her quickly back on the trails - and after that winter, I did a stripped frame resto. I was happy to see my old friend "R" again, but saddened with a heavy heart at the same time knowing someone else decided they wanted her more and didn't want to pay me for it ..... I hate thieves, but I love suprise pictures like this. :Beerchug ... cheers to you old friend.

BTW ... for anyone whos interested .... you can just see the DG alloy series '83/'84 Grabrail I modified to fit the '82. Nobody made or makes an aftermarket rail for the '81/'82's so I took a chance and ordered the later model. I fit the width perfectly but I had to slot the front holes in order to get it to bolt up - but it looked great. It was an easy modification and I highly recommend it to anyone whos looking to upgrade their '81 or '82 R.

Trikeaholic
02-04-2004, 07:43 PM
why on earth did you ever sell that bike?? Its not like you could ever get a "life changing" amount of money for it.

That is my criteria for doing most anything.. "will this be "life changing" " ? if not, I dont do it!

Wickedfinger
02-04-2004, 08:31 PM
I was happy to see my old friend "R" again, but saddened with a heavy heart at the same time knowing someone else decided they wanted her more and didn't want to pay me for it ..... I hate thieves

Stolen my friend, stolen from me.

nitekrawler
02-04-2004, 09:11 PM
Nice bike! I love the 1982's as you can tell, we have two! :-D 8)

Trikeaholic
02-04-2004, 11:26 PM
oops! didnt read it all!! I hate when people do that!

plkmonster2
02-05-2004, 10:45 PM
Nice pics! I love developing the mystery rolls! That is sad though that it was stolen. :(