PDA

View Full Version : Finally got the Warrior headlights...

czac
11-14-2016, 12:52 PM
.... and got them mounted to the DXN. But I cant see if they work or not because this POS wont start again!!! lol It was running great, I shut it off, a few day later put the lights on and she wouldn't start again... I hooked up a battery charger and she fired up after a few minutes, ran on idle for about 2 minutes then stalled out and wouldn't re start.. so i pulled the carb...YET AGAIN!! UGGGHHH! and it looked like there was regular motor oil mixed in with the gas. Is it possible for oil to get into the carb?? anyhow I took it all apart, cleaned it and all the jets and holes and ports, put eh back to gether, drained out the gas tank, added clean new gas from a different can and couldn't get it to run. got pissed off and put it away. The last time it wouldnt start, i pulled off the air cleaner and it fired up. this time i did the same but nothing, but thats when found the oil-ish stuff in the carb. ok back to the drawing board.

Anyway, here's how she looks now with the warrior head light set up.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Other/Yamaha-225-DXN/i-Th6hPFh/0/XL/IMG_7247-XL.jpg

Ghostv2
11-14-2016, 01:23 PM
That's awesome. Reminds me of the Baja trikes. Did it take much work to get them to fit?

czac
11-14-2016, 01:54 PM
That's awesome. Reminds me of the Baja trikes. Did it take much work to get them to fit?

nahh just had to figure out a way to mount them and to also mount the dash board. I ended up using thick zip ties to mount the dash board to the where the handle bars mount and then i put a bolt through the hole in the headlight cage, into the bottom mount of the dash board... the hole i used in the head light cage im guessing was for the wires to go through on the Warriors.
Then I made two support bars that go from the front bottom of the Warrior headlight cage to the bolts that tighten around the front forks (where the original Tri-Z headlight cage bolted) Its really sturdy and isn't going anywhere.. lol

atc300r
11-14-2016, 02:21 PM
That's a sharp looking DX.

oldskool83
11-14-2016, 03:27 PM
Pretty sure warrior ones were same as banshee ones. I like it.

Aulbaugh
11-14-2016, 04:33 PM
Looks really good that way. They remind me of the headlights from the bike off "The Dirtbike Kid".

oldskool83
11-14-2016, 04:41 PM
love that movie! YZ80's rule

Rob Canadian
11-14-2016, 07:57 PM
What air filter do you have on it? Maybe it is over-oiled(?)

I like the look.

AK47KID
11-14-2016, 10:15 PM
.... and got them mounted to the DXN. But I cant see if they work or not because this POS wont start again!!! lol It was running great, I shut it off, a few day later put the lights on and she wouldn't start again... I hooked up a battery charger and she fired up after a few minutes, ran on idle for about 2 minutes then stalled out and wouldn't re start.. so i pulled the carb...YET AGAIN!! UGGGHHH! and it looked like there was regular motor oil mixed in with the gas. Is it possible for oil to get into the carb?? anyhow I took it all apart, cleaned it and all the jets and holes and ports, put eh back to gether, drained out the gas tank, added clean new gas from a different can and couldn't get it to run. got pissed off and put it away. The last time it wouldnt start, i pulled off the air cleaner and it fired up. this time i did the same but nothing, but thats when found the oil-ish stuff in the carb. ok back to the drawing board.

Anyway, here's how she looks now with the warrior head light set up.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Other/Yamaha-225-DXN/i-Th6hPFh/0/XL/IMG_7247-XL.jpg
ooohhhh lala! She foxy but only teasy

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

AK47KID
11-14-2016, 10:16 PM
Pretty sure warrior ones were same as banshee ones. I like it.
Nuhhuh warrior's lights were bigger in diameter.

R-N-D
11-14-2016, 10:17 PM
Either way, Warrior lights or not, looks Badass!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

AK47KID
11-15-2016, 01:24 AM
It does. Like I said it's foxy :Bounce: