PDA

View Full Version : My "X"

Husky250
11-07-2016, 06:05 PM
I got this thing, probably, 5 years ago. It was long enough that I don't even remember how much i paid for it. I could not get it running right for the life of me. I posted on here and got a few idea but none helped. Well as it ended up it was a bent rod. There are zero, absolutely nada rods got 96 200x's out there. Wll I got in touch with some people out in Phoenix named Crank Works. They found something close that they could machine to be close enough. It was a Rod out of an 85 XR 250. Well this all started in March. Seems as though there were none of those to be had until the ProX folks were going to do a run (In Europe) starting June 23rd. Fast forward a couple months and I finally found some cat in Australia who had 10 of those Bad Boys. He sent one to me, I sent it to Crank Works. They promptly forgot about me for a while. Finally found the guy in charge and he was a lil miffed that my rod and crank weren't done... Promised it would be don by the end of the day. less than a week later it was in my grubby lil hands. I had done way too much work on this thing to even try to split the cases so the poor shop had the thing starting in March. I got the part to the shop on June 23rd... Interesting huh? Anyway, it took them to the end of September to get the thing put back together and running. The mechanic wasn't happy.... He put the whole thing together and turned it over to set the valves and "clunk".... "What the hell was that?" That was the skirt hitting the case with the longer rod..... Well bless his heart he did a lil piston surgey and it runs like a champ......... He has since dropped a few "F" bombs at me for such a fine predicament I gave him..... She aint much to look at but she runs pretty well.... Better than I thought she would! There's a pic of pre engine work

Husky250
11-07-2016, 06:08 PM
Well as soon as I figure out to add some more pics to my profile I will add and then also add a video.

Husky250
11-07-2016, 06:14 PM

Husky250
11-07-2016, 06:18 PM
Well I'm getting there
When i bought it the swinger and axle were completely trashed. I bought a used a swinger off 300ex... I did a lil chop, cut, weld and it now has a 300ex rear end on it. I scored a Lone Star axle and am running it at 46" wide. The E-Series is off something.... NOt really sure where it came from but with the new rod and E-Series it was a smidge of a trial to get it jetted right.

fabiodriven
11-07-2016, 07:26 PM
Boy oh boy, that's a crazy engine build! Haha!

kiser
11-07-2016, 07:35 PM
Sounds like some crap that would happen to me lol! Glad you got it going and good luck with it!

Husky250
11-07-2016, 09:46 PM
have a taller seat in the works..... Have some 300ex pegs on order so I can weld them to the to the existing ones to save about 150 bucks...... then new bars with a few wire ties to shore up the plastic .....Now I just gotta figure out where I can take this thing to race.....