PDA

View Full Version : How do you clean dirt from bottom of motor

Dawsman
10-30-2016, 04:08 PM
The motor has been sitting apart for quite some time and now I'm ready to put it back together there's a lot of things that don't belong in the bottom end, any easy way to flush it out??

shortline10
10-30-2016, 04:12 PM
Mineral spirits and you can reuse it if you filter it threw a coffee filter so you can get a few flushes.

RubberSalt
10-31-2016, 09:08 AM
If we're looking at a 2 stroke, power washer followed by liberal amounts of oil/spray lube.

yaegerb
10-31-2016, 10:43 AM
If we're looking at a 2 stroke, power washer followed by liberal amounts of oil/spray lube.

Power wash? The inside of a crank case? I respectfully disagree. Use the mineral spirits like shortline suggested. It will take a couple flushes. In the future, shove paper towels or rags in the crank case and cover with a trash bag to keep crap out of the bottom end.

bkvette3
10-31-2016, 11:08 AM
Power wash? The inside of a crank case? I respectfully disagree. Use the mineral spirits like shortline suggested. It will take a couple flushes. In the future, shove paper towels or rags in the crank case and cover with a trash bag to keep crap out of the bottom end.

Power washer (???) - had me wondering, too. I think I would pass on that also..