PDA

View Full Version : Help save the 70!

Dirty200
10-27-2016, 10:35 AM
*****I CANNOT SEE THE VIN***** (for everyone who is going to tell me to look at that.) got a small situation on my hands gentleman. did a little bartering and ended up with an 85 roller and what I thought was a stretched 85 frame. started swapping parts over and have run into a few things that makes me think the stretch is a gen one frame.:wondering:wondering hope to either get confirmation on this or told different. tried putting roller bearings instead of the small races with loose balls in the neck, they do not seat low enough. the bolt holes in the cover that goes over the brake drum do not line up with the ones on the frame. and the brake hook up seems to be different. PLEAE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS
-Ben

gimmeamidget
10-27-2016, 02:36 PM
Gen 1 frames look way different than the 78-85 frames. The rear fenders bolt to the side of the frame so you would see three holes on each side where the fenders bolt up. Also the gen 2 have a metal plate coming off the top where seat bolts on and gen 1 does not gen 1 has big hollow area where exhaust goes through inside of frame and gen 2 exhaust bolts to outside.