PDA

View Full Version : 200x

wheelieman18
02-03-2004, 02:07 PM
Hey
I'm new at this site but only because I used to think Quads were the best. I just bought myself a whole bunch of old three wheelers and dirtbikes. Ihave lots of question for ya so i would appreciate any help.

First off I bought a 1987 200x for $300 that needs work.
1st question...Was it worth the three hundred? the guy i bought it from was a real messed up person(for lack of better words). Well the gasket on the engine had to be replaced because it was loosing compression and later i would find out it floods after a while of use. I changed the needle and put a new fuel filter and it was good to go. Now it just smokes a whole bunch. Do you guys think i should buy a new piston and rings for it or what? I would really like to fix it up and stuff (High perfromance parts) . It also needs work on the suspension. Am i supposed to get the nitrogen tank filled or buy a new one. Someone told me the seals might be gone but i duon't know. If you guys can help write it please . Thanks

speed20
02-03-2004, 02:48 PM
well....first off welcome aboard!!!!! If its smoking....it most likely needs a set of rings and probably a piston too (depending on the shape) you might get way with honing the cylinder, or you could bore it also....I believe you can get the shock resevoirs recharged....but i dont know about the 200x's, you would probably be better off to buy a whole shock and resevoir off ebay. Anyway, if you are lookin for a place to buy pistons, try www.Denniskirk.com or e-mail this person *sorry im at school....dont have his e-mail but will get it to you If you PM me* you can also try wiseco......Awesome pistons i think, and they arent that expensive either..Regards,
Brad

TRI-Zbrian
02-03-2004, 03:17 PM
for 300$ thats a great deal that is some what a rare trike restore it and keep it around.