PDA

View Full Version : Battery ground location?

Shep1970
10-19-2016, 01:23 PM
Hi guys, can anyone assure me that this starter bolt is the usual spot for neg- battery cable?
Its for 86-88 trx200sx but is probably same on alot of others?

My cable is too short if i ground to normal spot under the tank, 1986 200x but if its correct in picture then im good for length.
Thanks for your help...(probably stupid question)been a long wk
I couldn't find good pic in manual
I know its a fourwheeler but its really not anymore..235929

Dirtcrasher
10-19-2016, 01:35 PM
It really wouldn't matter where that ground goes. It's a large gauge and can go anywhere on the frame or motor. Motor is probably best and I'd sand it spotless before I connected it....

Shep1970
10-19-2016, 01:45 PM
It really wouldn't matter where that ground goes. It's a large gauge and can go anywhere on the frame or motor. Motor is probably best and I'd sand it spotless before I connected it....

Ok- i have been dealing w/all these wires past two hours i just keep second guessing myself..
Thanx, steve

Ghostv2
10-19-2016, 02:00 PM
I'm not sure about the sx's but trikes like the 225dx ground right to the frame right next to the battery box. It's a short 12" heavy gauge wire like that.

Like DC said, anywhere on the frame or motor will do. As long as it's properly grounded it will be fine.

Shep1970
10-19-2016, 02:11 PM
I'm not sure about the sx's but trikes like the 225dx ground right to the frame right next to the battery box. It's a short 12" heavy gauge wire like that.

Like DC said, anywhere on the frame or motor will do. As long as it's properly grounded it will be fine.

That was my problem, i should have welded a bung into the frame closer to battery, would have been easier to route 1 less wire.. Not many (if any) good spots on frame except the factory one waaaay up front.
The cable will just reach from starter/block bolt. So i think im good
Thanks,
Shep