PDA

View Full Version : 175 tri moto basket case

atc300r
09-20-2016, 11:34 AM
This is not far from me. Says its complete ? Needs to be put back together. Plastics are in great shape aswell as the seat. 235045 235046 235047

RubberSalt
09-20-2016, 12:18 PM
If the price was right, I'd grab it. Those can be fun and hopped up pretty good. They are a cinch to work on, not much there without rear suspension. motor bolts in, couple cables, and an air box.

Check the rod. A blaster piston and wrist pin will fit, but lowers compression a hair. You can get a good deal of performance out of them. The porting is horrible restrictive. Shouldn't have any problem doubling the hp with carb, port, and pipe.

atc300r
09-20-2016, 12:31 PM
I think hes asking $200 as is. Im not a huge Yamaha fan or hardtail fan . But this looks to be in great shape as far as pics go. Would be a fun toy. Ocasionaly rear suspension come up for these.I might go look at it see if I can get it cheaper.At worst could part it for the $200 back or fix and enjoy.

RubberSalt
09-22-2016, 09:19 AM
For a project, or something to practice your abilities (porting and what not), it's hard to pass up a machine like this to learn on. It's gonna take a ton of work to get it to compete with a 250r, but do able. I've been wanting to port my newest one, but have been focused on other projects lately. I'm going to push the limits on it when I do. I've triple ported a couple of these, but those can only be so big on the channels. Now that I have a tig welder... :) Add some metal. And take some off. With work, blaster reeds fit these. With a welder... Cr125, or Cr250 reeds will fit too. lol.